Preview Changes v Hawthorn at Launceston, Sat 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Maginness has ever been asked to tag an inside-mid/clearance type player. That's not really where he has been effective.

Were Jy Simpkin playing, that's who I believe he would have tagged.

Without him, I dunno. You don't really 'tag' a defender like Sheezel. So maybe he just looks at taking someone like Powell or Phillips completely out of the game?

He can tag Bailey Scott

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tagging LDU means taking one of your ball winners out of the centre clearances to have someone chase LDU through, when more often than not he'll be bouncing off Cunners.

And, even if successful, the idea of stopping LDU by letting Cunnington get a clearing handpass out to Powell or Phillips doesn't sound like a win. LDU is a nice kick but those guys could hit a bees dinger on the lead.
Don’t think it’ll be a midfield tag at centre clearance, we will back ourselves there.

The fact you came to the North board to make “comparisons” of McGinness and LDU, is truly extraordinary, even for you Dommy
People had asked who he’d tag and someone stated LDU would be physically too good for Finn, which is wrong. LDU will beat Finn through help of teammates and the fact he’s actually elite at footy and will use his smarts.

Frighteningly, we bid on him.
He has some really good qualities, stands up in tackles he’s super strong through his whole body but especially core, good by hand, mentality and leadership is good, he had good qualities as a contested ball winner, endurance speed etc are at a high level.

He just lacks a lot too, not a good kick, he had terrible running patterns, and his footy iq isn’t super high.

He’s tagging to improve the weaknesses, but since he’s done so well at it, I assume Sam Mitchell has been impressed.

II had lunch with my ex North player mate and we had a good chin wag about the team.

He is dumbfounded how Sheezel has started. He said do you know how hard it is to come in as kid and dominate like that, pick up the tempo make great decision and execute. I obviously said no. He said it is unheard of mate. The kids poise is off the charts. When I told him as good as Daicos? He said at this point yeah for sure.

Loves Comben, he said dont worry about stats mate, he is creating opportunities and hurts players. perfect compliment to Larkey. He said even if Comben never kicks a bag, his worth is in his hardness, says we just must keep playing him. He thought a few Freo defenders were looking over their shoulder.

I asked him about his thoughts on some of the other younger players first 2 games. Rates Goater. 'will be a player but would like to see him on the wing". Thinks Bergman will be much better when he fills in but his disposal is excellent. Loves how he weights his kicks.

He's a fan of Taylor. Got to keep playing forward, natural forward he thinks has good patterns in his forward craft. Like a lot on here have said he thinks Curtis needs to sort out his run up. "bloody terrible". Won't be easy but if he works on it he will be okay. Another one he loves because he's tough.

I asked.him about Clarko's antics on the boundary line and he doesn't mind it, he thinks the younger blokes will love it and understands why he's doing it. I asked if Pagan ever done that, he obviously.smirked and said if Denis was on the boundary he wouldn't hi 5, he would kick players up the arse. I asked if he would ask Denis of his opinion of Clark's exuberance next time they caught up with him and he said he would. lol

Finally he loves our midfield, great mix of hardness and skill. 'Best midfield in the league by next year and we still haven't seen Wardlaw yet.

He said he hadn't been this excited about the footy for years and just loved the determination but expects them to drop off but that's okay as its not about this year.

Great having lunch with an ex player who is a.close mate and talking all things North. We discussed heaps of other things but for another time.

Go roos
Awesome stuff.

Yea, clarko aint pagan, pagan aint clarko. Different ways of going about it, different eras and all that. Maybe clarkos behaviours only add 5%, maybe its way more than that. Hard to say, but results are rolling so far.

He has some really good qualities, stands up in tackles he’s super strong through his whole body but especially core, good by hand, mentality and leadership is good, he had good qualities as a contested ball winner, endurance speed etc are at a high level.

He just lacks a lot too, not a good kick, he had terrible running patterns, and his footy iq isn’t super high.

He’s tagging to improve the weaknesses, but since he’s done so well at it, I assume Sam Mitchell has been impressed.

Your second paragraph explains why we bid.

Good luck to the kid. He’s from good Hawthorn stock and I’m sure he bleeds brown and gold.

II had lunch with my ex North player mate and we had a good chin wag about the team.

He is dumbfounded how Sheezel has started. He said do you know how hard it is to come in as kid and dominate like that, pick up the tempo make great decision and execute. I obviously said no. He said it is unheard of mate. The kids poise is off the charts. When I told him as good as Daicos? He said at this point yeah for sure.

Loves Comben, he said dont worry about stats mate, he is creating opportunities and hurts players. perfect compliment to Larkey. He said even if Comben never kicks a bag, his worth is in his hardness, says we just must keep playing him. He thought a few Freo defenders were looking over their shoulder.

I asked him about his thoughts on some of the other younger players first 2 games. Rates Goater. 'will be a player but would like to see him on the wing". Thinks Bergman will be much better when he fills in but his disposal is excellent. Loves how he weights his kicks.

He's a fan of Taylor. Got to keep playing forward, natural forward he thinks has good patterns in his forward craft. Like a lot on here have said he thinks Curtis needs to sort out his run up. "bloody terrible". Won't be easy but if he works on it he will be okay. Another one he loves because he's tough.

I asked.him about Clarko's antics on the boundary line and he doesn't mind it, he thinks the younger blokes will love it and understands why he's doing it. I asked if Pagan ever done that, he obviously.smirked and said if Denis was on the boundary he wouldn't hi 5, he would kick players up the arse. I asked if he would ask Denis of his opinion of Clark's exuberance next time they caught up with him and he said he would. lol

Finally he loves our midfield, great mix of hardness and skill. 'Best midfield in the league by next year and we still haven't seen Wardlaw yet.

He said he hadn't been this excited about the footy for years and just loved the determination but expects them to drop off but that's okay as its not about this year.

Great having lunch with an ex player who is a.close mate and talking all things North. We discussed heaps of other things but for another time.

Go roos

Frank, I think you might be selling yourself short. By all reports, your stage debut was spectacular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tackle bags
Water boy kids
A what not to do exhibit
Its important to have these sorts around I guess
The Office Thumbs Down GIF

I’m not asking for 22 guns

But I’ll take many others not getting a game over bailey turnover Scott

Give me tucker and Perez for starters and jy next week too
Perez at the moment is an athlete not a footballer at the moment, in comparison to Scott. He looks good and moves well, but he just doesn’t yet have the offensive smarts that AC would be looking for from HB or wing.

Perez at the moment is an athlete not a footballer at the moment, in comparison to Scott. He looks good and moves well, but he just doesn’t yet have the offensive smarts that AC would be looking for from HB or wing.

Perez looks slow and doesn't take the game on. Needs to lift big time. Not sure if he's lost pace due to acl but without more he's not gonna make it

To the Game Day thread >>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back