Preview Changes v Hawthorn at Launceston, Sat 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop comparing him to Daicos. At least let Sheezel play a full season at that level. If he does then like Collingwood we have a freak on our hands.

I was only comparing him for the purpose of why would someone tag a 2 game half-back flanker. He is moving the ball well, but it is not like he is killing sides with his ball movement and he is heavily involved in pressuring, it is not like he is bolting out to the middle of nowhere to try and get a uncontested possession.

If McGinness tags Sheezel, send him forward and send Stephenson to half back.
That would be awesome but someone like Harry is the sort of player you stick the Kayne Turner's of this world on and say "Don't give him a millimeter." Same with Daicos. They're the sort of players that defensive forwards exist to top.

When was the last time we actually took a side apart for 4 quarters of a match and won comfortably? Adelaide in 2020 at giants stadium?

Obviously from where we’ve come from, this is no walk in the park, but this side should embrace expectation, run with it and properly do this team.
100% this.

When was the last time we actually took a side apart for 4 quarters of a match and won comfortably? Adelaide in 2020 at giants stadium?

Obviously from where we’ve come from, this is no walk in the park, but this side should embrace expectation, run with it and properly do this team.
Flying down tonight for the game. Far more nervous than I’ve been for a long time, I feel like hawthorn will be up for the challenge early.

Let’s make it 3-0 fellas.
I don't like to get too far ahead, but just looking objectively at the Hawthorn team sheet, it's hard to see who can kick them a winning score. Lloyd Meek at FF doesn't fill me with apprehension, no Mitch Lewis, Koschitzke or Wingard - Luke Breust looks to be the main danger, and you'd hope with not too much around him we can handle him

A few posters might want to reflect on the fact that 18 months ago they were finding various creative ways to conclude JHFF was far superior to Daicos too.

Collingwood have a gun player, hopefully based on Harry's start we do too.
True dinks. As jealous as I might be that the pies scored the Daicos Bros. off the back of the FS rule, nobody can deny that they are sublime players who create repeat opportunities for their team consistently. Both of them.

I don't like to get too far ahead, but just looking objectively at the Hawthorn team sheet, it's hard to see who can kick them a winning score. Lloyd Meek at FF doesn't fill me with apprehension, no Mitch Lewis, Koschitzke or Wingard - Luke Breust looks to be the main danger, and you'd hope with not too much around him we can handle him
Brockman kicked 3.2 last week in the VFL.

The player I most want to see have a good game this week is Comben- No slight on Phillips as I just know he will have one anyway and doesn't need my hope- having the big guy kick a goal or two on top of what he already does would be epic though.

The player I most want to see have a good game this week is Comben- No slight on Phillips as I just know he will have one anyway and doesn't need my hope- having the big guy kick a goal or two on top of what he already does would be epic though.
I can see Comben holding a lot of marks and then kicking 1.3. He'll be a slow burn to directly impacting games on the scoreboard imo.

He’s gotta be close. As soon as those marks start sticking look out!

I’d love to see Stevo get off the chain too and run riot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill be honest ive never heard of this hawthorn tagger before this week. if its true that he tags outside types then hes in big trouble against ldu. if he goes to sheezel we can throw him forward for a couple highlight reel goals.
Truer words never spoken

I can see Comben holding a lot of marks and then kicking 1.3. He'll be a slow burn to directly impacting games on the scoreboard imo.
Do you reckon he'll straighten up the kicking after quarter time? Maybe Q1: 1.3, Q2: 2.1, Q3: 2.0 and Q4: 3.1?

Last edited:

Hope you're wrong, I think he can have an impact this week playing a bit deeper forward. Also, i've backed him to kick 2, 3, 4 and 5 goals, the more he kicks the more I celebrate ;)

The Kerridge thread is thataway ------>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back