Preview Changes v Hawthorn at Launceston, Sat 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If McGinness tags Sheezel, send him forward and send Stephenson to half back.

Please god no.

The Office No GIF

Please leave Stevo forward, he snagged 2 sausages last week, lets not * with him and try to develop him to be good at one role, rather than be s**t at 3. He still needs to work with his connection with the other forwards, but he has a potential future as a forward... not as a mid or defender.

I am not opposed to pushing him forward if he is struggling to get much of the ball, but it should be Goater and Bergman down back.

I think he will do okay, he isn't playing as outside as Daicos did in his first year, he lead the pressure acts, got a lot of contested ball, he has smarts which I think will serve him well as long as the rest of the team is playing well.

Please god no.

The Office No GIF

Please leave Stevo forward, he snagged 2 sausages last week, lets not * with him and try to develop him to be good at one role, rather than be s**t at 3. He still needs to work with his connection with the other forwards, but he has a potential future as a forward... not as a mid or defender.

I am not opposed to pushing him forward if he is struggling to get much of the ball, but it should be Goater and Bergman down back.

I think he will do okay, he isn't playing as outside as Daicos did in his first year, he lead the pressure acts, got a lot of contested ball, he has smarts which I think will serve him well as long as the rest of the team is playing well.
Finn is a solid tagger, I’d rather Harry go forward then struggle back there. It’s definitely an option.

I like Stepho forward as well, but I don’t think it would be that bad of a move if Harry is getting strangled.

99% chance he goes to LDU anyway.

No one is tagging sheezel right now. Thats a very large commitment to your gameplan.

They will lock down LDU if they are locking down anyone, as they know simpkin is out. Pally, Phillips, and the Bull will be really important this weekend.

No one is tagging sheezel right now. Thats a very large commitment to your gameplan.

They will lock down LDU if they are locking down anyone, as they know simpkin is out. Pally, Phillips, and the Bull will be really important this weekend.
Whilst I agree, Finn has always done far better tagging the outside runners, rather then the inside bulls. Still think that he will go to LDU.

Big games required from Powell, Cunners, Zurhaar & WP. Greenwoods job is to literally bump McGinness at every contest.

It will be interesting to see how LDU copes with a tag, not sure he has ever copped a heavy tag before?
He better get used to it if he keeps up this ridiculous form!
It will be a big chance for Powell & Phillips to have a real ‘breakout’ game with Simpkin out. They will often be up against opponents younger than them in the Hawks midfield.
Look out for Cunners this week, I reckon this will be his best game of the year - he will lift with the added responsibility.

Finn is a solid tagger, I’d rather Harry go forward then struggle back there. It’s definitely an option.

I like Stepho forward as well, but I don’t think it would be that bad of a move if Harry is getting strangled.

99% chance he goes to LDU anyway.

Yeah, I think Harry's strength is he isn't just sagging off and just receiving uncontested possessions. 27.6% of his possessions are contested, so far he is averaging 5 intercept possessions and 7.5 grond ball gets and his pressure acts are through the roof, 19 average a game. Corr is 10, McDonald 9.5, Bergman 7, Goater 6.5, Logue, Ziebell and Bonar 6.

This is how Harry is going compared to Daicos last year, before we blow our load, Nick was able to sustain those performance for the entire season which was amazing, but I think Harry might be similarly hard to tag out if the rest of the team is playing reasonably well. Given Harry isn't a midfielder, or didn't predominantly play as one, I think his ability to work hard and accumulate off the bat is incredible.

1680182784981.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they send Maginess to LDU, he will still get 30.

LDU way too strong and agile for him.

Wouldnt shock me to see him spend some time on Ziebell off half back too

Can we stop comparing him to Daicos. At least let Sheezel play a full season at that level. If he does then like Collingwood we have a freak on our hands.
No doubt we are getting ahead of things

But he plays like D jnr

He knows what he is doing before he does it, his hands are sweet and he kicks to where the guy SHOULD be

Once P&P start getting the ball more hopefully they will get those comparisons too

Expectation can be a burden. I wonder how or if Clarko even approaches it.

For a few of our players this will be the first time the public expects us to win. Most tipping comps have us running at around 80% +.

Something they must embrace.

For me too, going into a game with genuine hope for the first time in a few years is a strange feeling. I'm already nervous.

Hopefully Tucker as sub, he can play anywhere on the ground and is a lot more composed than Howe.

Not too worried if McGuiness plays on LDU, LDU has way too much agility and explosiveness around the contest. Plus he'd get good support from Greenwood and Cunners.

Very happy that Wingard isn't playing. He has a habit of popping up and kicking bags against us.

Big game for Comben, the hawks have dropped Blanck, so they are backing Sicily or Jiath to take one of our talls. Big chance for Charlie to capitalise on that.

With no real obvious key forward threat Logue and Corr should have the ascendency in the air in our backline. Greene, Bruest or Moore will have to kick 4+ for them to beat us in my opinion.

No but if anything unexpected happens between now and Saturday, like Goldy accidentally has another kid or something, we don’t cop a fine for using an unlisted emergency.
If Free does get a game I want to see him go for an awkward gallop, risking a couple of bounces along the way, before shinning a kick that lands in the arms of a surprised looking Stephenson who turns around and goals. His running bounces will then be compared to Spider Burton in his prime or that of an awkward giraffe in the Savannah Football League.
Yes, I have a day off today.

Can we stop comparing him to Daicos. At least let Sheezel play a full season at that level. If he does then like Collingwood we have a freak on our hands.

A few posters might want to reflect on the fact that 18 months ago they were finding various creative ways to conclude JHFF was far superior to Daicos too.

Collingwood have a gun player, hopefully based on Harry's start we do too.

I always support an underdog, and Howe is clearly one given the criticism he has received on this Board.

On a more serious note, I thought Howe was okay last week other than running over the ball that landed at his feet ... but maybe the handball could have been better directed in the first instance as well.
100% but at the same time good players will make their teammates look better than they are by getting those possessions. There's alot of average disposal underpressure and good quality ball gathering (insert benny hill music) in the AFL.

Altho generally Howe did okay finding the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back