Changes v Sydney - IN: White & Wagner, OUT Salem & Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Really gonna have to wait until the injury report comes back before knowing the changes. Whoever it was earlier that said we need gut runners to win at Domain is a genius. Exactly how we did it. Melk, Stretch and Bugg are all fit units.

This makes we wonder whether we can afford to lose an extra-mid for Watts, or whether someone like OMac despite 2 solid reasonable games is forced out. TMacs mobility up forward is a thing of beauty.

Really gonna have to wait until the injury report comes back before knowing the changes. Whoever it was earlier that said we need gut runners to win at Domain is a genius. Exactly how we did it. Melk, Stretch and Bugg are all fit units.

This makes we wonder whether we can afford to lose an extra-mid for Watts, or whether someone like OMac despite 2 solid reasonable games is forced out. TMacs mobility up forward is a thing of beauty.

We absolutely need talls on the MCG. Watts has to return so we can have Gawn and Pedo taking contested marks on the wings.

We absolutely need talls on the MCG. Watts has to return so we can have Gawn and Pedo taking contested marks on the wings.

True. I also forgot about some of the Swans KPPs. Franklin is probably going to be a 2-man job.

I don't think he should be, but Ziebell got 3 or 4 for something very similar. Wonder if Viney did it knowing he was going to miss a couple with a shoulder.

He jumped and played the ball, if he wanted to iron out hurn he would of kept his feet and just run through him and ignored the ball.

Who knows what the mrp will dish out

He had a ****** shoulder.

Viney is tough mofo, but isn't a thug. There was no intent to hit Hurn, it was byproduct of contesting the ball.

Viney is tough mofo, but isn't a thug. There was no intent to hit Hurn, it was byproduct of contesting the ball.

Why can't it be both. He has said before he loves hurting people lol

Why can't it be both. He has said before he loves hurting people lol

He does but not outside the rules. You asked if he did it becos of his sore shoulder my answer is no. Mostly becos if Viney decided to run through someone on purpose they wouldnt walk off the ground. He is tough but fair.

He does but not outside the rules. You asked if he did it becos of his sore shoulder my answer is no. Mostly becos if Viney decided to run through someone on purpose they wouldnt walk off the ground. He is tough but fair.

No I was saying that's why he jumped at the footy and didn't run at him with his shoulder. By jumping he didn't hurt himself.

No I was saying that's why he jumped at the footy and didn't run at him with his shoulder. By jumping he didn't hurt himself.
Viney was too short to get there without jumping.

I understand you now.

I was reading the match report on AFL.com and Viney said he will be right to take on Sydney

Out: Salem(inj) Garlett(inj) Hannah (inj)
In: Wagner, BenKen, Watts (if fit) or Kent.

Only definite change I can see is Salem for Wagner. Just can't see us risking Salem on a 6 day break, especially when he did a bad hammy last year. Wagner was travelling emergency and plays the same position/role.

Hannah is pretty beaten up and limping heavily after game with his hip. Garlett to important to risk but critical to play so not sure how that plays out. I would like to see Jkh in but only if he gets time in the middle, if it is to cover Garlett I would rather benken or Kent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes:
Salem (inj) for Wagner
Garlett (inj) for ... Kent
Viney (inj / suspendido) for Watts, or JKH, or BenKen, I guess...

If JKH gets another game before BenKen, I'd be really disappointed. Yes, he has gone back and put on a clinic, and yes he didn't get a chance to play in the midfield in the 1s, but the hierarchy should exist for a reason and BK has been reliable as * for the past month. #BenKenOrRiot

Worst case scenario and Viney is out, who steps in as skipper?

Leadership group of Lewis, Gawn, TMac and Vince to choose from.

I know captain is more of a ceremonial role these days but it's interesting to think about.

My vote would be for Lewis.

TMac, I think. Would rather stick with a long-term Dee than consider Lewis or Vince.

Wouldn't have thought Kent was any danger of playing, one good game in the twos isn't enough when you compare that with JKH and Kennedy

TMac, I think. Would rather stick with a long-term Dee than consider Lewis or Vince.

I would rather a long term Dee too but it's a massive game under Friday night lights...so the cool head of Lewis should prevail.

Salem -> Wagner
Garlett (?) -> Ben Ken
Hannan (?) -> Kent

Those would be my only changes, if they are even required at all. I think Viney will be fine. If Watts is fit he is first preference to come in for anyone going out, regardless of who it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back