Unofficial Preview Changes v Tigers round 10 2024 @Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reville looks a better ball user and seems to have good game sense, but questions on if he is fit enough.

Dev is fit enough and provides better pressure. But his ball use is questionable and seems to struggle to win the ball anywhere but onball (not that he plays in that role enough to tell).

Interesting question on what the team needs more at the moment
Until they play Dev in a position which actually suits him, it's a pretty easy call for me 🤷

Reville looks a better ball user and seems to have good game sense, but questions on if he is fit enough.

Dev is fit enough and provides better pressure. But his ball use is questionable and seems to struggle to win the ball anywhere but onball (not that he plays in that role enough to tell).

Interesting question on what the team needs more at the moment
I'm fully expecting Dev to play. It's been great to see Reville, Morris, Brain (for a quarter... and he deserves a full game) get a run and I hope to see more of them, but these guys will be the one's to make way with Answerth, Robertson, Bailey & Starcevich coming back over the next weeks.
What the young guys have done is show they have something to offer and elevate themselves to the next in line.

No doubt there will be other injuries before the season is over. Opportunities will present.

I'm fully expecting Dev to play. It's been great to see Reville, Morris, Brain (for a quarter... and he deserves a full game) get a run and I hope to see more of them, but these guys will be the one's to make way with Answerth, Robertson, Bailey & Starcevich coming back over the next weeks.
What the young guys have done is show they have something to offer and elevate themselves to the next in line.
Don’t forget Dev was injured while playing in the twos. He had been dropped the week before when he played a very ordinary game. Can’t see how he deserves to walk back into the team and replaces guys who have performed ok while he was out injured.

No doubt there will be other injuries before the season is over. Opportunities will present.
I reckon that Bailey and Starc are straight in if fit players.

Answerth was playing really well (he has massively impressed me with his improvement this year) but if everyone was fit I have him in about that 20-26 best player on the list that might play but is on the edge. He probably comes in straight away at the moment but not always

Dev is also in that 20-26 group of players but his natural position is where we arent missing players at the moment. So he could come in for one of the kids but he isnt a natural and hasnt been playing well there. He might be in the position like Lyons that unless an inside mid is missing (or needs a break) he struggles to get a game. I wouldnt be against him playing as sub though

Don’t forget Dev was injured while playing in the twos. He had been dropped the week before when he played a very ordinary game. Can’t see how he deserves to walk back into the team and replaces guys who have performed ok while he was out injured.
That's a fair point.
Given the opponent this week, and it being at the Gabba there's significantly less risk continuing with the young guys for another week and having Dev play in through the VFL. I did forget he hasn't had much football this season considering his wrist injury at the start, and then shoulder.

Don’t know about Wilmot to the wing. He’s been super at half back since he went there early last year. He started wing last season and was just ok. For now I would be sticking with Reville. But I can definitely see them giving Brain a start and moving Wilmot to the wing this week.
I don't think Reville is fit enough to be playing wing just yet. His ToG is being heavily managed and I reckon he already looks like he needs a break. Has a big future...

I would like to see Cam playing third tall, offensive mid, either of those roles in the twos or the sub ... give him a chance to shine in a role that matches his strengths and one that amplifies his weaknesses.

Plonking him in the fwd pocket and then berating him for failing is setting him (and us) up for failure.

Not sure we have been all that brilliant at developing our drafted/home grown talents :(

I would like to see Cam playing third tall, offensive mid, either of those roles in the twos or the sub ... give him a chance to shine in a role that matches his strengths and one that amplifies his weaknesses.

Plonking him in the fwd pocket and then berating him for failing is setting him (and us) up for failure.

Not sure we have been all that brilliant at developing our drafted/home grown talents :(
I haven't got a beef about him not doing much. It's when he coughs it up in key moments that seems to be a recurring cycle the last couple of years.

We've got nothing to lose by throwing him in to the play where he's always busy and doesn't have time to think about it.

Sick of suggesting this tbh , it's as if they're happy seeing him wallow in roles that are dependent on discipline and precision when anyone can see he's not that sort of player. Not remotely.

I hope they work out the next batch coming through a bit better and don't mollycoddle them until the life's sucked out of them. Fwiiw Wilmot ,Brain , Fletcher etc are showing a lot more than Cam did at the same age. And fortunately for them don't have to bear the same weight of expectation

Geez, Tigers only have 26 fit players to choose their team from this week, so they just scrape through to name their three emergencies.

For me, it’s not about him deserving a spot but more about getting match fitness before being selected in the firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like what Bruce has done so far. Positions himself well and always trying for the smart option when he gets it.

Obviously he needs to get up to speed fitness wise which isn't up to scratch yet. But he built up physically quite a bit in the last off season and I'm hoping he can take another step forward fitness wise in the next one.

I think that's right , he doesn't seem the type of player who can stop and start. But on the other hand he's not the type of player who starts and keeps going either.

My issue is that when he does get the chance he seems to stink it up at the wrong time.

It's not all about him but it's just so frustrating and must be for him as well. I'd like to throw him on the ball in the 2s and tell him to give everything he's got all day and see if that can kickstart him. We don't seem to have been able to improve the aspects of his game that are preventing him from becoming a good player. i.e tank and skill.

You mean those things required to play AFL football?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally I think Rayner's game against Melbourne has been overrated, both here and in the media. People have been waiting 6 years for a break out game from a #1 pick and jumped on the smallest glimpse. Watching it a second and third time there was a bit of right place right time with ball bouncing this way all he needed to do was accelerate to the ball and keep running. His inside 50 delivery on that game was a lot of just kick it long as well. What we see from him every other week is what you get when everything doesn't line up for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You watched the Melbourne game a second & third time to pick apart Rayner's performance?

Lol, that's a bit sad. You need more hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back