Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

If aish doesn’t get up and appleby is injured the only logical replacement is Greenwood

Illogical but possible replacements that I’d like to see might be quaynor or Wells.
Agree, but I'd add Lynch to the illogical replacements that would be good to see.

If aish doesn’t get up and appleby is injured the only logical replacement is Greenwood

Illogical but possible replacements that I’d like to see might be quaynor or Wells.

Not illogical - more pace, line-breaking and precision will be especially useful against Bombers. Wells and Quaynor offer more of that than Greenwood/wills.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who's going to win the medal? We've got quite a few contenders in the midfield. I'm contemplating a tiny dabble on Stephenson, hoping he carries his form from last week. Or Cox for some value!

It's a big stage where over the years a lot of the big stars have shined.(clenching fist and teeth as he recalls Hird) My money is on Degoey.

No change unless Aish is out.

Unless we are goping to tag someone, I wouldn't play Greenwood. Essendon are quick and Greenwood is a plodder in comparrison. He also doesn't do much outside of effective tagging. I'm not sure we have much pace to bring in though.

Unless we are goping to tag someone, I wouldn't play Greenwood. Essendon are quick and Greenwood is a plodder in comparrison. He also doesn't do much outside of effective tagging. I'm not sure we have much pace to bring in though.

I am hoping Aish is good to go - no change for mine.
Keep building the chemistry.
Didn’t train today apparently so he’s most likely out

Essendon is getting talked up a lot in the media on the back of beating Melbourne, Brisbane and North.

Obviously we haven't beaten any contenders yet either but I think the media is going a bit early with their Essendon has turned it around angle

One of the distinguishing features of last season was that we kept beating teams who were being talked up in the media. Some of them were supposedly flying when we burst their bubble.

I’m not convinced about Essendon, so I’m hoping for a 2018-like outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of De Goey, Treloar, Grundy or Stephenson imo
Leaning towards Stephenson myself

Might be more of a surprise, like a Treloar or a Sidebottom. In fact Sidey might be ready to fire, given his uneven and indifferent form so far in 2019. Repeat of a supposedly fat and unfit Swanny a few years ago?

Greenwood also hunts the ground ball really well. The best way to stop anyones small forwards is to beat them in the contest at the spillage.

I am born in 92 and when I was old enough to remember footy they beat us late in 2001 by 80 odd points and ever since then have less relevant than Leeds United in English football.

However, with Essendon it's a different story. Essendon were good when everyone my generation was old enough to pick a football team and there were Essendon fans everywhere. Even now, most of my friends or people I have met around my age are Essendon fans. There is no way I hate Carlton more than Essendon.

Good luck having a logical football chat with them, they all seem to think they are a top 4 chance every year. As for Carlton.... rival? How? Most of the people that despise Carlton are over 40. Carlton for me are as relevant as Melbourne and GC. They're just meh.

I am pumped for this game... in my opinion both teams are top 4 teams and both want to separate themselves by improving their winning record. This is a big game!!

Im of the same opinion as you and im 36. Carlton have simply been irrelevant for far too long. Where I live and went to school there are actually very few carlton supporters. But Essendon fans were bloody everywhere in fact 5 of my close friend circle were all Essendon supporters it was a nightmare late 90s and early 00s.

I remember being in primary school (early - mid 90s) and Carlton i felt more hatred for (Mill Hana the sniper and co) but come high school they became a nothing team and Bombers were despised and remain so.

Can understand people who are 40 up as they had been through a lot of GF losses and what not vs them. Its a generational thing now.

Last edited:
Greenwood also hunts the ground ball really well. The best way to stop anyones small forwards is to beat them in the contest at the spillage.
I am struggling to recall the last good game that he diden;t tag. In any case he's too slow for our already too slow side. We either play a tagger and use him to tag or we blood Daicos would be my preference. I can't see wht we'd tag anyone from Essendon. Our midfield is much deeper so we should just go tow to tow. Eventually they will have a second string combination against our first string and we should take advantage.

I am struggling to recall the last good game that he diden;t tag. In any case he's too slow for our already too slow side. We either play a tagger and use him to tag or we blood Daicos would be my preference. I can't see wht we'd tag anyone from Essendon. Our midfield is much deeper so we should just go tow to tow. Eventually they will have a second string combination against our first string and we should take advantage.

Greenwood isn't slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back