Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookies and veterans share the same trait, no matter how talented consistency is always the problem.

Rookies and veterans share the same trait, no matter how talented consistency is always the problem.
With Varcs though, I think the issue is more that he doesn't get the footy on the spread, so he's relying on winning it in a contest at ground level as a small forward. Noone consistently wins much of the footy that way.

With Varcs though, I think the issue is more that he doesn't get the footy on the spread, so he's relying on winning it in a contest at ground level as a small forward. Noone consistently wins much of the footy that way.

I think the other part is he gives so much effort on def acts that it can leave him out of position for quick turnover and also fatigued when trying to sprint back to the f50.

This can impact his disp numbers.

IMO he is definitely in our best 22.

I think the other part is he gives so much effort on def acts that it can leave him out of position for quick turnover and also fatigued when trying to sprint back to the f50.

This can impact his disp numbers.

IMO he is definitely in our best 22.

To me, even without the manic defence, I think we need him at ground level when teams stop our ball movement and force us to kick it long to contests. Teh Richmond and Brisbane games don't suit his style because we moved the ball so easily without contests and ground ball spillage, but cometh the closely fought battles to come, we'll need him buzzing around ground balls and conjuring opportunities from nowhere.

Why isn’t Sier playing in VFL still injured or is it time to unleash

The Bear 🐻

On the poor old bummers

Why isn’t Sier playing in VFL still injured or is it time to unleash

The Bear 🐻

On the poor old bummers

Injured according to the radio broadcast. CFC2010 also mentioned he's been in the crowd and has his ankle strapped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you were a Pies fan for a second and was baffled. haha.

Just intruding on your board to read from those better informed than me who was in the mix for Thursday. Sier intrigues me as to how he is not getting a game, but I have no idea of whether he is coming back from injury or something

Wills for Aish now that Appleby and Sier have clouds over them (ankle & achilles)
He's a better replacement for Mayne so maybe Brown is released forward and Varcoe goes back.

No idea. All our depth are suddenly injured. I'd probably like them to play Wells, but i doubt they will, particularly off a short break.

Wells isn’t ready IMO.

Wills deserves a shot if Aish doesn’t get up.

Wills deserves a shot if Aish doesn’t get up.
Sounds like it, but I have a feeling that he won't get the nod. His big issue is that he is midfield only, so he has to play a major role within the team when he comes in. There's no minor flankers role for him. Id be a bit concerned if I was wills that they seemed to start the year by trying to turn him into a forward but have reverted to just playing him in the midfield already.

Sounds like it, but I have a feeling that he won't get the nod. His big issue is that he is midfield only, so he has to play a major role within the team when he comes in. There's no minor flankers role for him. Id be a bit concerned if I was wills that they seemed to start the year by trying to turn him into a forward but have reverted to just playing him in the midfield already.

I think Sier not playing meant Wills played in the middle.

So much hype around Sier but Wills is a beast around the ball.

Wills for Aish now that Appleby and Sier have clouds over them (ankle & achilles)
He's a better replacement for Mayne so maybe Brown is released forward and Varcoe goes back.
The other option would be Greenwood as a defender, with Varcoe returning forward. I'd like to see Wills get a crack though.

Hopefully not in this manner, but maybe Greenwood could re-acquaint himself with Zach Merritt too.

DEMN8AEUQAAg4N8.jpg

I thought in the equation will be simple if Aish doesn’t get up for our next clash.

Greenwood will be in, taking the defensive role and any other such duties.

With the proposed Appelby, the hoped for Sier on the injury bench, Greenwood should get the nod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back