Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sheed is out, don’t be surprised if Ainsworth comes into the squad and flies over
You are a very astute poster who is rarely wrong.
I am backing you on this with B.A to have his first run for the year.
Come on Simmo listen to Keys

Yep, you see it quite often.

They basically just say that so and so has been withdrawn from the Eagles squad of 26 and has been replaced by so and so.

I think it is more when it happens on game day that you cop a big fine.
Just ask dons

Not surprised if Ryan is left out. He has been hurt in each of the last few matches. Seems to be always limping around early in matches after a hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last few times Carlton have played us they have gone the full stem the bleeding, ultra negative football, which hasn't allowed them to win, but it has made the scores uncomfortably close.

Teague has them playing attacking football with a freedom to their style. Thats great for Carlton until now. Because playing free and attacking football against the Eagles is a terrible idea.

If we bring the right attitude we should blow them away, as our game plan favors us. I can see us punishing them on turnovers and bombs into their forward fifty. They will then lose confidence quickly and we can smash them.

If we allow them to get going early however, they will have their tails up and will take us on ferociously.
Yep, I fully agree with this. I think we're good for a ten goal margin minimum.

Something doesn't add up - Simmo saying this is our most important game all year then only 22 fly..? Nah, someone has gotta be on another flight surely.

Teague has them playing attacking football with a freedom to their style. Thats great for Carlton until now. Because playing free and attacking football against the Eagles is a terrible idea.
Disagree somewhat. I think teams playing slow careful footy struggle against us because it gives us time to set up down back and inevitably leads to slow I50 entries.

We are vulnerable against attacking running sides that carry the ball by hand from half back direct through the middle. See Port this year and Essendon 2018.

Don’t think we will lose to Carlton but it won’t be because they play attacking rather than defensive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back