Preview Changes vs Hawks (Rnd 5) In: Petty, Hibberd, MBrown Out: Fritsch(inj), Jetta(Omit), May(inj), Sparrow(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pushing back maybe a better description. Certainly wasn’t picking up a man permanently but definitely had a few 1v1s in defence at the Punt Road End, unless I was mixing him up with Tomlinson all day

I think you might have been, spent majority of his game forward.

I said it at the time when May was out that it was ******* lucky we have Tomlinson there otherwise we were stuffed. Never actually occurred to me that we could play McDonald back. Tomlinson did really well on Hawkins kept him to two goals one of them he actually won and got the spoil it fell towards the goal and hawk scored off the ground. The other was off a chain of good ball movement from Geelong which couldn't be stopped.

Goody was asked about Tmac going back and he very quickly said no. He hasn't trained down there for years and finally our defence is working together - don't need to panic and throw tmac down there.

It ain't happening. Will be Hibb or Petty. We could get away with Hibberd against the Hawks but I think Goody will want a KPD to let Lever play on the 3rd tall.

No need to change the winning formula so to speak, unless someone is sore and we want some fresh legs. That game was exhausting for the players - at the end of the game almost every player on their haunches.

Should we be nervous about the Hawks? Or have we really turned a corner where we don’t drop these games anymore, I’d love to go the ground and expect a strong performance from a clearly better football side.

Hope BBrown plays but it’s really too soon, needs another week in the VFL.

Should we be nervous about the Hawks? Or have we really turned a corner where we don’t drop these games anymore, I’d love to go the ground and expect a strong performance from a clearly better football side.

We are 4-0 so I would rather BB play another couple of weeks in the VFL and be Cherry ripe rather than risking him too early

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We handled them fairly easily last year. I’m relatively confident that we won’t drop too many games this year against sides we beat in 2019 (which wasn’t many) and 2020.

Goody was asked about Tmac going back and he very quickly said no. He hasn't trained down there for years and finally our defence is working together - don't need to panic and throw tmac down there.

It ain't happening. Will be Hibb or Petty. We could get away with Hibberd against the Hawks but I think Goody will want a KPD to let Lever play on the 3rd tall.

No need to change the winning formula so to speak, unless someone is sore and we want some fresh legs. That game was exhausting for the players - at the end of the game almost every player on their haunches.
I liked that response. He answered it even before the journo finished asking the question. Our backline looks so good right now, it doesn't make sense to add a player who doesn't belong back there.

Also of note from the press conference, because they've been mentioned in this thread: Brown and Weid "won't play next week. They'll be still a few weeks away". He said they're gonna make sure they're fit, ready and in good form. "Going to be really strong with that"

Petty and Hibberd in for May and one of Jordan or Sparrow. Not fussed which but happy for one to have a week off to keep them fresh after a couple of quiet games each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 disposals from only 56% TOG for Jordon. Was he being "managed" in-game or has he hit the rookie wall and needs a rest this week? :think:
Think it’s more likely the rookie wall.

Petty and Hibberd in for May and one of Jordan or Sparrow. Not fussed which but happy for one to have a week off to keep them fresh after a couple of quiet games each.
Sparrow got a lot of the ball in the fourth and laid some big tackles, I’d keep him in. JJ definitely out.

I agree with this.

Goodwin was pretty emphatic when he was asked if TMac might go back into defence.

We could get away without the extra tall back against the Hawks, with Jackson allowing Gawn to get behind the ball.

If May is out for 3-4 weeks though, I reckon we just bring Petty in now.

I agree with this.

Goodwin was pretty emphatic when he was asked if TMac might go back into defence.

We could get away without the extra tall back against the Hawks, with Jackson allowing Gawn to get behind the ball.

If May is out for 3-4 weeks though, I reckon we just bring Petty in now.

Yep, I would bring petty straight in this week looks like we could be without May for a month so the more time Petty spends in out backline the better.

Might be a rare opportunity for Petty to develop in the seniors and for us to see what he has, so definitely aim to give him as many runs as possible. Might turn out to be dreadful, I haven’t cared too much for what I’ve seen of his KPD ability.

Might be a rare opportunity for Petty to develop in the seniors and for us to see what he has, so definitely aim to give him as many runs as possible. Might turn out to be dreadful, I haven’t cared too much for what I’ve seen of his KPD ability.

I thought he looked promising as a KPF, though.

I thought he looked promising as a KPF, though.
Wouldn't have hurt his development to play a few games forward . Who could forget our 2 key forwards late in 2019 of Petty and O-Mac (Am still trying to). To me Petty will develop as a key defender , just will have to be patient as we have May (until injured) Lever and the surprise packet Tomlinson .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back