Preview Changes vs Richmond

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah it’s not half a Richmond team. It’s still a relatively strong side. Nankervis, Stack and Cotchin are the significant outs.

Marlion Pickett and Kamdyn McIntosh may also be added to our team but they aren’t significant outs at this stage.

Genuine question, are you guys missing players aside from Naitanui?
Duggan and that’s about it really. Venables played in the GF but is borderline b22.

Soldo will simply try and pummel the Hickgod into the ground.

Tom will need to be up for a physical one I reckon.
What makes you say this? Soldo isn't what Id call a battering ram?

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
This may be a naive question but who else are they missing? Cotchin and Nank injured. Stack dropped. Martin back in. Seems like a remarkably healthy list to me.

Rance for the season, who is pretty potent for them. And Martin is playing sore.

IMHO it would be a bit like if we were missing all of Nic, Gov, Barrass, dropped Gaff and had Shuey playing hurt.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Rance for the season, who is pretty potent for them. And Martin is playing sore.

IMHO it would be a bit like if we were missing all of Nic, Gov, Barrass, dropped Gaff and had Shuey playing hurt.

Once again, the best melts require a solid warm up.

Richmond are in good form, playing at home in conditions that suit them, Martin will be fresh and likely unhindered, their backline is playing just as well without Rance as with him, and Stack is a first year player who's been dropped (and will probably be a late in for a taller player). Expecting to win is going to lead to a world of emotional pain come game-day :p

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Once again, the best melts require a solid warm up.

Richmond are in good form, playing at home in conditions that suit them, Martin will be fresh and likely unhindered, their backline is playing just as well without Rance as with him, and Stack is a first year player who's been dropped (and will probably be a late in for a taller player). Expecting to win is going to lead to a world of emotional pain come game-day :p

You'll all just have to take my game-day melts in stride.

That’s a big stretch to me. Rance (lol, held Scott Lycett to a quiet day while Darling kicked 6 and had 15 marks last year), Cotchin and Nank, and Martin playing sore is not the same as us losing five players.

Re: Stack - I rate him, obviously he’s had a great year, but is Gaff the parallel you made there? Seems a reach to me. Hard to say you’re “missing” a best 22 player when you’ve voluntarily dropped them, albeit I’m surprised to see him dropped.

I think both Eagles (Naitanui, Duggan) and Richmond (Rance, Cotchin, Nankervis) are doing remarkably well in the health department. Neither team is anywhere close to half strength for me.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think this being massively overplayed myself.

Dusty took the week off to see a psych to try and get Yeo out of his head.

All of our guys who've done media this week have been talking up the Yeo to Dusty as well. Yeo will be very fired up. Could end up getting suspended for some trivial BS if he gets too physical.

I can see Yeo getting quite psychical with Martin early on.
Related image

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Not surprised about the unchanged lineup, hopefully both Masten and Cameron get a solid hit out tonight and fingers crossed Duggan goes well also.

Pretty much at full strength now... Richmond very healthy also, but missing a tad more (Cotchin, Nankervis, Rance) v NicNat/Duggan. Certainly don’t have half a team out LOL 😂 Chol and Soldo have both rucked quite a bit this year, I could be wrong but I don’t think they will miss Nank that much this week anyway.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Not surprised about the unchanged lineup, hopefully both Masten and Cameron get a solid hit out tonight and fingers crossed Duggan goes well also.

Pretty much at full strength now... Richmond very healthy also, but missing a tad more (Cotchin, Nankervis, Rance) v NicNat/Duggan. Certainly don’t have half a team out LOL 😂 Chol and Soldo have both rucked quite a bit this year, I could be wrong but I don’t think they will miss Nank that much this week anyway.
From a Richmond perspective:
Cotchin has only been giving us 50% of his normal output this year when fit, struggled to get continuity. Graham has stood up in his stead and Jack Ross is back from injury and helping to cover.
Our backline is holding up fine without Rance as Grimes has basically assumed his role and is playing top shelf footy.
Nank is a good around the grounds ruckman but rarely puts one to advantage in the actual ruck. Soldo a more capable ruckman, less so around the ground.

I don't think you'll hear any excuses from us regarding injuries.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
From a Richmond perspective:
Cotchin has only been giving us 50% of his normal output this year when fit, struggled to get continuity. Graham has stood up in his stead and Jack Ross is back from injury and helping to cover.
Our backline is holding up fine without Rance as Grimes has basically assumed his role and is playing top shelf footy.
Nank is a good around the grounds ruckman but rarely puts one to advantage in the actual ruck. Soldo a more capable ruckman, less so around the ground.

I don't think you'll hear any excuses from us regarding injuries.

Thanks for the insight 👍
Yes, you guys have played quite a bit without both Cotchin and Nankervis this year and the replacements have been excellent! Some good depth there for sure :)

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Come off it.

Both teams are near full strength.

I don't see how them losing Nank will be the difference
In a win or loss.

Seeing as it's at their home ground, they should be favourites.
Just like we would be if it was in Perth.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Judging by all the responses by him in this thread - How much longer can Candiru mass-debate?
1996 called. It wants its joke back.

Make you could update your material by quoting some Ali G?

On one hand, you complain about the number of my responses. On the other, you troll tag me to get my attention, presumably seeking a response.

You're as confused as your humour is dated.

Last edited:
Back