Channel 7 == Disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL should have the balls and stand up to ch.7 and say play it live or lose it....

Then Ch 7 will stand up to the AFL and say "OK, if it has to be live, we're going to pay you less for the rights. If we have to compromise our potential ratings and earnings by putting a low-rating, poor advertising product like AFL on in Prime Time, the price goes down'.

I say this every time this topic comes up - Commercial Television exists to make money. They make money from ads. They know their market, and they know how to maximise their ad revenue. They know what a product in a particular time slot is worth. They have zero interest in delivering a quality product to the viewer - just one that makes the most profit. Hence, Big Brother, Home Video Shows, cartoons in the morning, and cop shows at night.

If you don't like it do what Kerry Packer did when asked the same questions re the RL coverage on Nine a few years ago - he replied "Do you have a TV Network? No, well when you do, you can run it how you want it".

Go and buy shares in Channel 7, and at the next meeting stand up and tell the other shareholders, "We don't want profit, we want to show the AFL live!".

watched port v st kilda last night on channel 7 (3 hour delayed telecast - but that's a gripe for another day)

i could not get over just how shonky the camera work & editing was.

most of the time it seemed the camera angles were either too close or too far away.

or focussing on a group of players with the ball out of shot to the left or right of screen.

i do think it's great that we have the technology to zoom in really close on a player so that you can almost see the beads of sweat in his brow, but when you can't see if he has players in front of him or behind him it really gives the shot no context.

then when they weren't zooming in that close, we were treated to a "nosebleed" angle that really didn't give you much of an idea of what was going on either.

made the game really really hard to watch IMHO.

fix up channel 7.

Instead of footy tonight, we get Mr. Beans holiday. Note to Mr Demitriou, Ch7 are stifling the growth of the code up here. Seriously. Mr f***ing Bean. I feel insulted as an "interstate" footy fan despite the fact AFL is supposed to be taken seriously as the "national game". Get yer friggin acts together dirt merchants! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Instead of footy tonight, we get Mr. Beans holiday. Note to Mr Demitriou, Ch7 are stifling the growth of the code up here. Seriously. Mr f***ing Bean. I feel insulted as an "interstate" footy fan despite the fact AFL is supposed to be taken seriously as the "national game". Get yer friggin acts together dirt merchants! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

To be fair to channel 7, I would be broadcasting the game in the 11.30pm timeslot as well. If you check your tv guide in Brisbane especially channel 9 you will find from 7.30pm to 11.30pm there is Friday Night Rugby League (Live) on. QLD is still a Rugby League state so they get the coverage live, if it was Brisbane playing then im sure it would have been moved forward.

If ya dont like it move back interstate...... I lived in Brisbane for 2 years and didnt mind the footy on later. As a sports lover what a night on the box, 2 games on nrl and an afl match :thumbsu:

To be fair to channel 7, I would be broadcasting the game in the 11.30pm timeslot as well. If you check your tv guide in Brisbane especially channel 9 you will find from 7.30pm to 11.30pm there is Friday Night Rugby League (Live) on. QLD is still a Rugby League state so they get the coverage live, if it was Brisbane playing then im sure it would have been moved forward.

If ya dont like it move back interstate...... I lived in Brisbane for 2 years and didnt mind the footy on later. As a sports lover what a night on the box, 2 games on nrl and an afl match :thumbsu:

Pffft I was born & raised in QLD. Rubgy League is mediocre. The whole idea is to promote AFL as a game QLD can adopt. And it will not do so while it gets second class coverage.

How long have Channel 7 been doing ads after behinds, Robertson just missed a shot and they went of to a block of ads, what the f**k?

Once they rid of those darn anti-syphoning laws, then hopefully everyone will get the coverage on 7HD at least. Profit may be a motivation, but theres no excuse if there are two channels available.

In WA, an AFL state, we get Friday nights on 3 hour delay as well, almost as bad as Sydney and Brisbane. Not good enough.

footy has to wait for BH & G cos it rates better

Better Homes And Gardens 505,000 171,000 172,000

North Melbourne Vs Collingwood 465,000 113,000 121,000

First figure is Melbourne, Then adelaide & perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone notice in the first quarter of Geel v Melb today C7 cut to a huge ****in add break after a POINT was kicked? Absolute joke.

That was terrible.

The AFL should not allow networks to cut to ads during play, I'd not seen it done before but Channel Seven somehow managed to make me hate them even more.

I would never advertise on Sunday AFL.

With the massive 6 ad adbreaks it gives more than enough time for a smoke/cuppa/dump.

People would only see the first & last ad.

Reading the feedback section of the Record yesterday, some guy wrote in complaining why on Sunday the game starts with a 60 min delay and finishes with an 80 min delay, Ch7 responded by saying it's to "enhance" our viewing experience by offering replays we wouldn't normally get.

It's a JOKE, and I'm angry :mad:

footy has to wait for BH & G cos it rates better

Better Homes And Gardens 505,000 171,000 172,000

North Melbourne Vs Collingwood 465,000 113,000 121,000

First figure is Melbourne, Then adelaide & perth
It rates better because it's in a better timeslot and the footy isn't live, put the footy live at 7:30 and BH&G at 10:30 and we will see which ones rate better

It rates better because it's in a better timeslot and the footy isn't live, put the footy live at 7:30 and BH&G at 10:30 and we will see which ones rate better

*stands and applauds loudly*

Reading the feedback section of the Record yesterday, some guy wrote in complaining why on Sunday the game starts with a 60 min delay and finishes with an 80 min delay, Ch7 responded by saying it's to "enhance" our viewing experience by offering replays we wouldn't normally get.

It's a JOKE, and I'm angry :mad:

An out and out lie. It's too cram more ads in plain and simple. If they cared about enhancing our viewing experience they'd show an interview after the match and I dunno, maybe show the team singing the ****ing song?!!! :thumbsdown:

the difference is nine showed live games at 1:00 sundays:thumbsu:
if ch9 had this current rights they would do the same thing!!

1 game on sunday, ch9 will show it @ 3pm as well to lead up to the news!!

Anyway we in Syd/Bris get it live from 2-5pm better than the 1-4pm on ch9 previously, so i'm happy

People will always complain. If Channel 9 get it, they will find something to complain about as well. When you pay as much money as the current rights holders have, they can do whatever they want. People need to realise that the networks are actually funding a big chunk of the AFL with their money.

They need to raise revenue through ads. By being a direct lead in to the Channel 7 news, it increases the ratings and creates a smaller chance that people will flick over to another stations news after the footy coverage is finished.

Channel 7 cover the football well, as do 10 and Foxtel. Watching on TV will never be as good as it is being at the actual game.

There is an easy solution to this.

People with fox should be able to pay $20-$30 a month to get every game live, with at least 3 in HD. Royalties split amongst the AFL, 7 and TEN, depending on what games are shown when.

People need to get out of the mentality that it is their god given right to watch their team live on fta. I would love the option to pay and get every game live.

unfortunately i do not have that option, and those in QLD and NSW get more live games of AFL than me in Perth. As long as that keeps going, I will be an angry angry person.

FFS it doesn't matter what FTA network has the rights people will p!ss and moan.

Simple solution to delayed telecasts- don't watch it!

Networks delay their AFL coverage to a timeslot which will rate better, so if your p!ssed with delayed, switch it off.

8.30 is primetime- it rates better than live, so my solution would be to switch off delayed coverage until Networks get the picture that it won't rate unless it's live!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back