Channel 7's Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
Does anyone else think it looks horrible? I'm lucky enough to have Foxtel IQ2 and can watch the Essendon and Bulldogs game in Full HD but comparing the two 7's coverage looks like it's from age gone by.

Exactly what Compass said.

There normal Channel 7 and 70 arent not HD channel so its doesnt matter.

1HD is the only free to air channel showing HD football.

i dont care what they do as long as they show the whole game

it shits me when they show the crowd, some random injured player, replays etc and then the game restarts and we miss a few seconds of action

must have happened 4 or 5 times on friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have for years.

they outsource almost everything

http://www.globaltv.com.au/

Seven outsource to Gearhouse Broadcast
http://www.gearhousebroadcast.com/welcome/

Ten to Cutting Edge
http://cuttingedge.com.au/broadcast

Fox use Global.

It's been years since networks maintained their own outside broadcast facilities. Seven made a conscious decision not to shoot in HD - it costs more and they don't reckon the business case stacks up. Nothing to do with the Grand Prix.

Speaking of channel 7, I've just been skimming through the broadcast guide for the season, if you play in Sydney at 2.10 on a Sunday (as the Hawks do) the game will be on delay into Melbourne. What an absolute ****ing joke

Speaking of channel 7, I've just been skimming through the broadcast guide for the season, if you play in Sydney at 2.10 on a Sunday (as the Hawks do) the game will be on delay into Melbourne. What an absolute ****ing joke

Well, it happens this Sunday. Sydney v Essendon, arguably the match of the round, will be on an hour delay from Sydney!

And what do we get at 2pm? Flashback to 2001 :eek:

How pathetic is that?

More here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-live-coverage/story-e6frf9jf-1226029677323

For me the commentary is more important than the quality.

The difference in Channel 7 and Channel 10s teams is a gulf.

Bruce and Dennis bounce off each other well, avoid barracking and know their stuff. Leigh is a great special comments man, he knows his stuff aswell and has good footy values.

Hell even Harley does well for a recently retired player.

Bruce and Dennis bounce off each other well, avoid barracking and know their stuff. Leigh is a great special comments man, he knows his stuff aswell and has good footy values.

yeah well their commentry team is nearly worse than the overall coverage

bruce and dennis hasn't worked. it's been horrendous at times. with dennis trying way to hard to be funny all the time and his 1 liners are terrible. bruce has lost the plot. leigh was going well up until friday night when he decided to read from prepared comment from the afl

harley was good until he decided to laugh at everything bruce and dennis said. it's lame and annoying

Agreed. I can't stand watching channel 10 matches because you end up with twats like Anthony Hudson (who believes the world ends at Geelong), and Robert 'I'm still bitter at the Crows for ruining my coaching career' Walls. Channel 10's commentators have, at best, minimal knowledge of the non-Victorian sides, and seem to go off on tangents at the expense of calling the game.

That "wall" thing is stupid. What do they think they are, facebook?

Megawall is useless if it's not an 'active' coverage. They used it for the tennis as welll and I thought, 'great. Now if only I, the viewer, could pick what I want to watch from the wall'. To me, it sorta feels like 7's saying to their viewers 'We have the facilities to allow you to choose but we're not going to let you'.

Honestly, last year I decided to boycott Ch.7's AFL coverage on Sunday. Their coverage treats the viewer with utter contempt. I'm fast reaching the same with Friday nights as well.

I think the only way Seven will pay attention is if viewer start boycotting their AFL coverage, boycott Better Homes & Gardens and boycotting the Sunday 6pm news - or a mass targeting of their advertisers, letting them know that their association with Seven's delayed/shambolic coverage is a poor reflection with them and as a consumer we'll take our business elsewhere until the situation changes.

i dont care what they do as long as they show the whole game

it shits me when they show the crowd, some random injured player, replays etc and then the game restarts and we miss a few seconds of action

must have happened 4 or 5 times on friday night

Amen. I absolutely hate that.

Honestly, last year I decided to boycott Ch.7's AFL coverage on Sunday. Their coverage treats the viewer with utter contempt. I'm fast reaching the same with Friday nights as well.

I think the only way Seven will pay attention is if viewer start boycotting their AFL coverage, boycott Better Homes & Gardens and boycotting the Sunday 6pm news - or a mass targeting of their advertisers, letting them know that their association with Seven's delayed/shambolic coverage is a poor reflection with them and as a consumer we'll take our business elsewhere until the situation changes.

What we should do is boycott their Sunday Night News that follows the footy. It's the reason they do it i.e a lead in to the News.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back