Roast Charlie Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Id you look at Charlie objectively his only real attribute as an AFL footballer is, he can run fast. Earlier in the year Id have said first rounder for sure. I doubt that will ever even be a discussion now.
The first and second sentences don't match up.
He can do it, he hasn't for awhile and doesn't often enough.

Could have kicked a bag.... the operative word is "could". I could kick a bag too.... at the park by myself with my daughters kiddy ball (goes way further and i feel like Tex) and nobody watching.

Those soft footys (footies?) just bloody fly off the boot, don't they :thumbsu:

Yes they do. He's now proved his glimpses of brilliance are purely glimpses and not something he can do consistently. His only consistent attribute is he can run fast.
Not quite true. His tackling and defensive pressure are both consistent attributes.

Marking ability. Tackling + pressure. Hard.

Look at it the other way what cant he do?
He struggles with kicking, composure and accumulating the ball.

He has a lot of weapons. Even in his run of poor form he has had some very influential games.

Is it mental? Finals will tell the story I'm sure he will play. We are a better team if he can put it togethor.

Lol, he struggles with kicking, composure and getting the pill, three things you expect would be high on the resume for a footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His tackling is really only a function of his closing speed.
Hed be a good Rugby player.
Straight swap for Jonus Pearson? He is out of contract end of 2017.

c39f46b481f6ca8ede27e60765172863.jpg

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One poster on this thread suggested that he's been too hard on himself at times recently. Having watch bits and pieces of the replay I think that may be true. Some say he's mentally not right atm which may be true as well. It's clear to me though that he's trying his guts out so it's not lack of effort on his part but rather a severe lack of confidence. I'm not sure what the answer is but if he can find that right head space again he'll be really valuable in the finals. Let's hope he can

Can you please give your opinion on what part of the content you disagree with instead of dribbling hyperbole thanks.
Charlie is not now, never has been, and never will be, anywhere near as good as Dangerfield. Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges. And yet you persist, time after time. It's dumb, even by your low standards.

Charlie is not now, never has been, and never will be, anywhere near as good as Dangerfield. Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges. And yet you persist, time after time. It's dumb, even by your low standards.
I wasn't comparing the quality of the 2 players merely comparing the issues they had starting out which are very similar. If you need anymore help with comprehension just ask :)

If Charlie stays would it be better to play him as a defender? Ala Mcleod let the guy hassle his opponent and run free forward.

Have Menz up forward in his role

I think he probably would play his best footy at half back, but as is pointed out below we have a pretty stacked defence so hard to see it happening any time soon.

I wasn't comparing the quality of the 2 players merely comparing the issues they had starting out which are very similar. If you need anymore help with comprehension just ask :)
The implication of which is that CC will push on to become a quality player like Dangerfield...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back