Rumour Chris Dawes to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I have. Close was the preferred key forward at the start of the season before his season ending injury. He's played 15 games so far.

Paine is a back up forward. Unlikely to be used, apart from depth.

Close is a dud, Paine is another Lisle. Surely you can see this?

Close is a dud, Paine is another Lisle. Surely you can see this?

That wasn't my point. My point was the with the addition of Schache and Hipwood, combined with the forwards we currently have we don't need Dawes. I didn't even mention Hammelman who is on the rookie list. Whether you think Close is a "dud" is immaterial. Close was seen as a the first choice key forward at the start of 2015 and the Lions still see him as a possibility to hold down a key position in the future.

Although Dawes isn't the answer, either is your forward pocket being the leading goal kicker two years running. Dawes comes across a bit of tosspot, but I just want some goals god damn it!

He's s**t, but he's 25 goals a season and cost you nothing but salary s**t. Would be okay at Brisbane, especially if they get Schache. Mature body needed.

Heard from a reliable source.

He's unhappy at Melbourne playing a decoy role for Hogan and Melbourne are said to be unhappy with his output thus far. As Brisbane badly need a forward they have decided to take a punt on him.. will be one of the first deals done.

I find it hard to believe hes unhappy playing a decoy role to Hogan. If true, given the stories he quit Collingwood after we recruited Q Lynch and felt threatened by that, hes pretty soft.

Truth is more likely that Melbourne want to get rid of him because he's not producing. He might be handy at Brisbane but I'm sure they will be expecting Melbourne to carry at least 200k of his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scraping the bottom of the KPF barrel I see

Your KPFs are below the bottom of the barrel after last Saturdays embarrassment....your only multiple goal kicker was a crippled half back

126296.jpg

He's s**t, but he's 25 goals a season and cost you nothing but salary s**t. Would be okay at Brisbane, especially if they get Schache. Mature body needed.
'Mature body' and 'good for forward line structure' are two of the best euphemisms I've heard for Dawesy. Still better than Jessie White though.

This response suggests you watched a different game. Please tell us which game you watched.

So Darling didn't take his chances and JK was well held.

Obviously an entire body of work over a career <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< one game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back