Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we are not going to find any middle ground here, but I would be interested to know your thoughts on what the ultimate outcome should be for the young bloke who has been charged with the murder of the young lady in Royal Park.

I’m sure there is a more effective response to that tragedy than simply locking the guy up in prison for the rest of his life and forgetting about him. That’s just an idea handed down the generations, initiated by people that knew little of what we know about the world today.

Who knows to what extent the alternatives to life in prison could be, in a future where the neural basis for human behaviour is better understood. For now, the best I could hope for is that he’s not forgotten about; that he’s recognised as ill, treated and studied.

By all means speak out but at least have something worthwhile to say, at present you're just potting peoples views without offering a meaningful solution or alternative which is nothing short of silly.

I replied to the thread. I quoted no one. You replied to me here ... so don’t say now that I’m potting people’s views when they’ve engaged me in a discussion about my views and I’ve done nothing but give earnest responses.

I’ve mentioned neuroscience and optogenetics, but that’s a distant future. Generally the scientific approach works well; it puts empirical evidence above opinion and does its darndest to eliminate bias in its findings. Of course, more research is needed, which requires more funding, which requires a paradigm shift in public opinion. Which brings us back to here, with you basically telling me to pull my head in because I don’t have any magic beans.

Haha people who lose arguments always go personal. Haha. Funny, keep it coming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

First, I predicted your amusement, so I surely get credit for that.

Secondly, whilst I went personal, it was for the purpose of illustration not denigration. You assert the exceptional instruction in life Yarran, among other AFL footballers received, and his failure to learn from those lessons make him a dickhead of the highest order.

Questions could be raised as to the factual accuracy of your assertion as to the life benefits of being an AFL footballer but I do not bother. I am more interested in the process of reasoning that led you to the conclusion that this failure made Yarran a dickhead of the highest order.

In this regard it seemed apposite to point out your impoverished learning skills and question whether that made you, also, a dickhead of the highest order.

Posing the question was of course not answering it. I had hoped it might give you cause to question a process of reasoning that painted you so poorly.

Instead, at least consistently, you apply the process of reasoning and accept the title of dickhead of the highest order. It is not a title I bestow upon you but one you embrace.

If I have lost the argument because you accept you are a dickhead of the highest order I will accept the loss in good grace.

First, I predicted your amusement, so I surely get credit for that.

Secondly, whilst I went personal, it was for the purpose of illustration not denigration. You assert the exceptional instruction in life Yarran, among other AFL footballers received, and his failure to learn from those lessons make him a dickhead of the highest order.

Questions could be raised as to the factual accuracy of your assertion as to the life benefits of being an AFL footballer but I do not bother. I am more interested in the process of reasoning that led you to the conclusion that this failure made Yarran a dickhead of the highest order.

In this regard it seemed apposite to point out your impoverished learning skills and question whether that made you, also, a dickhead of the highest order.

Posing the question was of course not answering it. I had hoped it might give you cause to question a process of reasoning that painted you so poorly.

Instead, at least consistently, you apply the process of reasoning and accept the title of dickhead of the highest order. It is not a title I bestow upon you but one you embrace.

If I have lost the argument because you accept you are a dickhead of the highest order I will accept the loss in good grace.

I laugh at you looking down at me on a public forum all because I don't put apostrophes or use big words and proper English, as if someone is grading your and my comments at school.

What makes him a dickhead of the highest order? I would think deservedly getting a 5 year sentence for doing what he did while on Meth would be a good start. What makes it funny for me is that God video from a year back where he had found his saviour. Worked well for him....geez, couldn't see that coming.

But im sure a lot of it is the Carlton Football Club's fault, not his (which was your argument). I look forward to your long winded answer in a few days after you have used a thesaurus and proof read it 6-7 times.

I’m not suggesting no response, or leaving perpetrators of criminal acts “out there” to repeat their indiscretions. I’m just saying, the criminal justice system is a 2.0 system in a 10.3 world. In desperate need of an update.
You are right the system is outdated, both for what we know now and for the problems we face now.

However, it is a balancing act, Yarran has a right to better health and dealing with his addiction, he does not have the right to do what he has done and walk around the streets, that is a breach of the rights of the victims and society in general.

There has to be a better way than the current ways of rehabilitating with out punishing the crimes, or punishing the crimes but failing to rehabilitate.

I laugh at you looking down at me on a public forum all because I don't put apostrophes or use big words and proper English, as if someone is grading your and my comments at school.

You're wrong Frumpy. I don't look down on you for your lack of grammar. I only observe it to make a point in relation to education, a point you seem incapable of grasping. For the record your meaning is not, perhaps regrettably, lost by the trivial grammatical errors you have made.

What makes him a dickhead of the highest order? I would think deservedly getting a 5 year sentence for doing what he did while on Meth would be a good start. What makes it funny for me is that God video from a year back where he had found his saviour. Worked well for him....geez, couldn't see that coming.

You are now answering a question you have already answered, albeit differently. A question only posed by you. A question I have not the slightest interest in since I could not care less who Frumpy thinks is a dickhead of the highest order. Why should I, or anyone?

But im sure a lot of it is the Carlton Football Club's fault, not his (which was your argument).
Sigh, that is not nor has ever been my argument. It is not your fault Frumpy if your daughter becomes an ice addict (though you would no doubt self-reflect). You would still feel (I hope) a sense of connection to your daughter and welcome her upon her release from prison 5 years hence.

I look forward to your long winded answer in a few days after you have used a thesaurus and proof read it 6-7 times.

You have had a few chuckles out of me Frumpy. It is now my turn. You accuse me of looking down at you for your impoverished grammar. I repeat, I don't. It was simply a useful and ready illustration of the limits of education. At no time have I claimed your grammar impeded your meaning - which is the purpose of grammar.

And then in the next breathe you chastise me for punctilious expression and careful review. Very funny indeed.

What I would give for a young Chris Yarran in our side now, with the right support around him.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry all, just thought i'd post it incase anyone was interested.
I think it's OK to know, and I think the sentiments above about wishing him the best is appropriate. After that, we really don't need to know anything. Again, I wish him, and all who have been affected around him, true peace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back