City hoping to play in Melbourne next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst.Article.Ever

Man City will play 3 games and not just one in Melbourne. Sage has pretty much said they are close to getting a deal done to have them play the Glory

City to go 3 citys and Liverpool/Tottenham to do the other 3 (incl. Wellington)

Would be a very understrength team but great to see City play in Melbourne.

Id say the whole squad will come over. Clubs dont normally do pre season tours and leave people at home.

FFA is leaking the City thing because its all but done. They are still negotiating with Liverpool and Tottenham hoping that atleast one of them will come over (obviously want Liverpool as first choice). Want a EPL team to play in each state pretty much

Id say the whole squad will come over. Clubs dont normally do pre season tours and leave people at home.

Depends on when it is. If it's in May (when the article suggested it would be), half the squad will be preparing for Euro 2012.

If it's the start of pre-season the same half a squad will still be on their holidays.

Got all excited reading the title of the post, but alas it's not the mighty Bristol City visiting these shores (EasyJet don't fly this far).

Nothing to see - move along. ;)

Anyone go to United vs Socceroos back in 99? I actually ran into Solskjaer & Stam at Crown afterwards :) Couldn't believe the clothes that Solskjaer was wearing, he looked like a bum. Nobody seemed to recognise them playing black jack, I got to play on the same table for about half an hour :) Both top blokes. Stam went even more up in my estimations when he labelled both Neville brothers as useless twats with no talent who sucked up to Fergie :)

Anyone go to United vs Socceroos back in 99? I actually ran into Solskjaer & Stam at Crown afterwards :) Couldn't believe the clothes that Solskjaer was wearing, he looked like a bum. Nobody seemed to recognise them playing black jack, I got to play on the same table for about half an hour :) Both top blokes. Stam went even more up in my estimations when he labelled both Neville brothers as useless twats with no talent who sucked up to Fergie :)

Yeah I'd have bought him whatever he was drinking if I'd heard that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back