Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that scenario go to a consciousness of guilt?
Depends on if the prosecution could prove that the behaviour 1. didn't preexist 2. That he planned to use this defence IMO. Both almost impossible to prove unless he said as much to someone

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Maybe the wanking into sandwich bags are to give him a way out. After all, how do you prove that someone else couldn't of got hold of a bag and used it's contents to contaminate a crime scene or collected evidence sample? What if the accused knew that one of his ex work colleagues was working in an exhibit storage facility and so has decided to start wanking into bags in anticipation of asserting that this behaviour was donkeys years old and that he left them in the depot fridge back in the day? How would the prosecution refute that defence? I doubt that they could. Maybe that's the set up with the sandwich bags?

That's good thinking Redacted. The fact that he's used the sandwich bags is strange, but he's done it for good reason - it's not normal behaviour. I'm sure normal men don't keep items as such in sandwich bags. I'd think for many years he would have been looking over his shoulder, waiting for the big day - Arrest day. Thinking about the situation and covering things up, getting rid of any evidence and making sure things are tidy. He'll have some excuse for the sperm in the sandwich bags and I'm sure it will be good - we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
That's good thinking Redacted. The fact that he's used the sandwich bags is strange, but he's done it for good reason - it's not normal behaviour. I'm sure normal men don't keep items as such in sandwich bags. I'd think for many years he would have been looking over his shoulder, waiting for the big day - Arrest day. Thinking about the situation and covering things up, getting rid of any evidence and making sure things are tidy. He'll have some excuse for the sperm in the sandwich bags and I'm sure it will be good - we'll have to wait and see.
It is normal behaviour , to be fair. Well normalised. Getting rid of sperm has plagued many a young man (and old) and a sandwich bag is as good as any place

Socks, hankies, tissues, rags, bread bags, underwear , towels, drains and yes even sandwich bags

Some men may feel an urgent need to masturbate after a long lunch in the sun and well where does it go?

Keeping the bags is the weird bit

It is normal behaviour , to be fair. Well normalised. Getting rid of sperm has plagued many a young man (and old) and a sandwich bag is as good as any place

Socks, hankies, tissues, rags, bread bags, underwear , towels, drains and yes even sandwich bags

Some men may feel an urgent need to masturbate after a long lunch in the sun and well where does it go?

Thanks to Power Raid and GreyCrow I've finally got it. Perhaps he had intentions of throwing the sandwich bags out, when no one was around - seems logical. Perhaps we should move on from the sandwich bags now.

Thanks to Power Raid and GreyCrow I've finally got it. Perhaps he had intentions of throwing the sandwich bags out, when no one was around - seems logical. Perhaps we should move on from the sandwich bags now.
Didn’t he tie them with ribbon..? A bit fancy to be binned or thrown out.

:sick: :sick: :sick: The weird part of tying the lunch bags is the ladies hair ties ! They are expensive and mine are always disappearing. Why not use rubber bands - they are cheaper! Weird as; if you ask me. Lets move on from this topic.

Should try zip lock bags - problem solved. FFS

BRE may never agree to be on the Stand - so we will never know..... it's in Wife2 statement so she'll have to tell us. Maybe he was continuously ADDING to the bags.............That'll sell newspapers on that day. :sick:

Last edited:
Interesting to hear how police dismissed similar crimes in the Bicton and Willagee area, to the huntingdale prowler.

The WA police dismissed the events as car theft attempts despite the facts. Only the ladies underwear was tampered with and valuables like laptops left behind.

Interestingly the break ins were at two addresses, multiple times and between 2013 and stopped late 2016 according to the victim.

I’d suggest it isn’t related but it highlights how the police don’t take their job seriously.

Interesting to hear how police dismissed similar crimes in the Bicton and Willagee area, to the huntingdale prowler.

The WA police dismissed the events as car theft attempts despite the facts. Only the ladies underwear was tampered with and valuables like laptops left behind.

Interestingly the break ins were at two addresses, multiple times and between 2013 and stopped late 2016 according to the victim.

I’d suggest it isn’t related but it highlights how the police don’t take their job seriously.
Hi Power Raid,
Can you let me know where to find this information? I'd like to have a look at it. If you can't locate it don't worry.

Hi Power Raid,
Can you let me know where to find this information? I'd like to have a look at it. If you can't locate it don't worry.
Interested too. There was a forum post from someone about his wife being offered a lift home from a work do where the accused wife worked. I heard a similar story of an offer of a lift from a Henry Walker Eltin work do from an ex work colleague of my mother in law who lives in Bicton. Maybe the accused was familiar with the area?

Hi Power Raid,

It was my service rep at a luxury car dealership in Vic Park area.

A gorgeous girl, a prettier version of CG (light brown hair with blonde streaks, bubbly and outgoing). She would be 60+kg and 30 years old, which is different to CSK girl profile.

She spoke about it years ago but back then the context was limited to a prowler. However we spoke about it again this morning and obviously the context is different post BREs arrest.

As I suggest it is unlikely to be related but you’d think cops would take a complaint seriously and do finger prints, given the escalation of BREs crimes and risk of a repeat or copycat.

The facts:
Entry at night with a girl home alone with a ~5 year old daughter. Other times when no one home.

On two occasions the dog threw up in the morning after the break in. On none of the occasions did the dog bark, despite normally being a good watch dog. This suggests baiting and or knowing the prowler.

Laptops, BMW, cash and other valuables never touched. On all but one occasion only the panty draw was the only interest.

The entrance was an unlocked sliding door, on another occasion a pushed in kitchen window and unknown other access (possibly a copy cut key).

The exact number of break ins is not known as she would often find things moved and start to second guess. Other times it was obvious due to the rummaging of panties and sex toy.

Interested too. There was a forum post from someone about his wife being offered a lift home from a work do where the accused wife worked. I heard a similar story of an offer of a lift from a Henry Walker Eltin work do from an ex work colleague of my mother in law who lives in Bicton. Maybe the accused was familiar with the area?

I think it’s a seperate incident but Vic Park (where the girl worked) is a stone throw from where he was arrested.

Break ins in Bicton, which is along canning highway which from memory HWE was in the O’Connor region (before liquidation). Can you confirm?

She moved to Willagee to protect her daughter but the panty man followed.

To me he must have known her either in the real world or her name and tracked her social media to know her new address.

The date the break ins ceased, raised eyebrows. Despite the incidents ceasing, she has quit her job, changed names and moved far far away.

A gorgeous girl, a prettier version of CG (light brown hair with blonde streaks, bubbly and outgoing). She would be 60+kg and 30 years old, which is different to CSK girl profile.

She spoke about it years ago but back then the context was limited to a prowler. However we spoke about it again this morning and obviously the context is different post BREs arrest.

As I suggest it is unlikely to be related but you’d think cops would take a complaint seriously and do finger prints, given the escalation of BREs crimes and risk of a repeat or copycat.

The facts:
Entry at night with a girl home alone with a ~5 year old daughter. Other times when no one home.

On two occasions the dog threw up in the morning after the break in. On none of the occasions did the dog bark, despite normally being a good watch dog. This suggests baiting and or knowing the prowler.

Laptops, BMW, cash and other valuables never touched. On all but one occasion only the panty draw was the only interest.

The entrance was an unlocked sliding door, on another occasion a pushed in kitchen window and unknown other access (possibly a copy cut key).

The exact number of break ins is not known as she would often find things moved and start to second guess. Other times it was obvious due to the rummaging of panties and sex toy.
I suppose, someone could locate a door key, have it cut and come and go as they please. It makes me wonder how often the police take finger prints. Perhaps a crime needs to be at a certain level before they take finger prints, such as attempted rape or a burglary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s a seperate incident but Vic Park (where the girl worked) is a stone throw from where he was arrested.

Break ins in Bicton, which is along canning highway which from memory HWE was in the O’Connor region (before liquidation). Can you confirm?

She moved to Willagee to protect her daughter but the panty man followed.

To me he must have known her either in the real world or her name and tracked her social media to know her new address.

The date the break ins ceased, raised eyebrows. Despite the incidents ceasing, she has quit her job, changed names and moved far far away.
HWE at the time was on Broadway, Nedlands. The accused wife at the time was at this do as she worked for the HWE lawyers. The do might've been put on by the lawyers. I'm not sure of those details But they knew her

The facts:

sounds like this could possibly of been the ex partner/childs father? gets back at the woman by messing with her. maybe she turned to him for comfort/he offered to move in to protect her? explains knowing the new address, and also possibly has keys.

Most of the Huntingdale incidents were on main roads, which were fairly new back in 1987/88. The Gosnells police station (GPS) is responsible for Huntingdale. Does anyone find it odd that the accused wasn’t arrested until a crime was committed outside the GPS’ jurisdiction? Could it be possible that GPS officers knew who he was back in 1987/88 but didn’t have enough to charge him. It wasn’t until the Nedlands crime was committed that the accused was arrested and charged.

Most of the 1987/88 WAPOL officers have probably retired now. I doubt Macro have ever contacted them to ask what happened back then.

After the court case WAPOL won’t be able to stop women coming forward with their stories. Possibly, WAPOL will say they were looking for a few rapists back then and the woman has confused him with another perpetrator.

cant remember the exact details but i do remember there being issues with the gosnells branch of the CIB when i was younger. this is back to before they built the current new station, even before the temporary station that was further down the highway. if i recall the old station looked like it used to be a house from the front, and was made of a light colour brick. from what i remember there was claims of corruption and dodgy dealings - this would of been about late 80s through to very early 90s sometime. ive been trying to find details online, havent found any details yet but have found reports of corruption issues with ex cops that had been at gosnells station at some point.

Being a creep/pervert back in those days did require some serious leg work. Now you can buy used underwear with a click of a button, voyeurism is easily accessible and if you have some real out there kink it probably fills a decent corner of the internet.

Being a creep/pervert back in those days did require some serious leg work. Now you can buy used underwear with a click of a button, voyeurism is easily accessible and if you have some real out there kink it probably fills a decent corner of the internet.
Or INdecent corner perhaps?

I hear most guys use newspaper pages or envelopes as it dries out. Yukkoes with plastic sandwich bags. Far out.

With regard to the charges the accused CSK is facing for SS, has anyone got any idea what evidence they might have for that?
If they have located SSs body there hasn't been any mention. Therefore, it would seem that they do have something, could it be possible they can prove he was in the vicinity. Something like going through a red light, having a prang, electronic evidence like detecting a mobile phone signal. Or was it that he originally had an alibi for the night but that was withdrawn after the person had thought it through. I'd think the two wives have spent much time thinking back, attempting to piece together different events. Twenty years is a long time to recall detailed information.

With regard to the charges the accused CSK is facing for SS, has anyone got any idea what evidence they might have for that?
If they have located SSs body there hasn't been any mention. Therefore, it would seem that they do have something, could it be possible they can prove he was in the vicinity. Something like going through a red light, having a prang, electronic evidence like detecting a mobile phone signal. Or was it that he originally had an alibi for the night but that was withdrawn after the person had thought it through. I'd think the two wives have spent much time thinking back, attempting to piece together different events. Twenty years is a long time to recall detailed information.

if there is any physical evidence for the SS charge, i would guess there was DNA on an item that was in his possession, or he had an item that was definitely hers. i dont think the car BRE had at the time was recovered so no evidence there.

What I can gather thus far from snippets of Defence objections to State witness statements: State will rely on EB (first wife) evidence heavily (& of course the DNA links as well as other witnesses)

e.g.- BRE & EB separated mid-1995. EB said BRE caught her and DF kissing around Jan 1996 - and that this event may be the trigger for BRE's emotional upset to attack random females. State are saying BRE had opportunity and the propensity to attack SS on 26 January 1996 - BRE lived alone at this time (and lived alone during all the CSK trio attack/murders = "opportunity" and no partner to answer to). EB moved out early 1996 which left BRE alone in the house in Huntingdale.

EB told BRE she was pregnant with DF child around Apr/May/June 1996. State says that this evidence is relevant because it shows that the accused was in a state of upset or emotional turmoil at the time of the death of JR on 9 June 1996

State says that the personal circumstances of BRE form part of its circumstantial case and that a pattern of behaviour can be gleaned, namely that where there is a decline in his personal relationships offending conduct is more likely to occur....EB said BRE showed up with divorce papers whilst she was heavily pregnant & "BRE asked if it was definitely DF's child") EB last saw BRE early 1997 CG went missing 15 March 1997.

They have added SS murder (body has not been found) to his original charges - as State want to prove to Judge Hall BRE had the MO, the propensity, and the opportunity (and was triggered to attack through all his emotional upset) as per his guilty plea 1990 HH attack.

Last edited:
Theres also the scream heard in Mosman Park not long after the taxi was called and she wasnt there to collect and the witness sighting of a car supposedly described similar to a camry they learned he had at the time that they saw parked the wrong way in the street with its lights on.
The court transcripts are all available to read.

https://www.communitynews.com.au/we...nt-serial-killings-accused-had-pent-up-anger/

MSM Back in May 2019:

A woman speaking in an "irritable tone" (HH victim) was enough to provoke Bradley Robert Edwards to commit a violent act a court heard today.

BRE psychiatrist said Edwards was “emotionally constricted” and it was unlikely the sources of frustration he cited were “the entire explanation”. (the HH attack)
The psychologist similarly reported Edwards had a “displacement of feeling”, which Justice Stephen Hall said was essentially the prosecution’s “emotional upset” argument.
Prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo agreed.
“Something wrong is done to him (by someone) close to him … and he then takes it out on someone he doesn’t know,” Ms Barbagallo said.
She has previously argued the breakdown of Edwards’ relationship (EB) in early 1996 coincided with the timing of the first of three murders, and no more followed after he met someone new on 1 April 1997 (CG)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back