Current The Bunker Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok... Simply put,from the 70s onwards those who had it supplied through work or could afford it themselves could access the internet in the old school way call DOS - Disk Operating System (Disk as in floppy disk because hard drives didn't exist). It is an Operating system just like windows is an operating system (OS). Because it was text based and not GUI based it was tiny in size and coud run from a floppy disk. Everything you wanted your computer to do you had tell it to do it (type commands). Nowadays with GUIs you just click on something.

Everything that you could get on the internet when it became commercialized already existed in DOS world. GUIs made it into pictures and hyperlinks etc so anyone could use and get it.
Thanks Bonza,

I do recall, at work during the early nineties someone showing me how to send a basic note to another computer, it was in the DOS black and yellow environment. That must have been an early form of electronic mail.

Then about the mid-90s we were all sent on a course how to navigate through different windows. It was a huge learning curve for all, and confusing because we didn't know why we'd want to have several applications open at once. We were used to opening and closing one package at a time. Amazing how things have changed.

He would not have downloaded stuff (regardless of what it might have been) like you do today or back in the mid 90s even but he was most definitely learning how the use and what the capabilities of a computer were. Apart from that another DOS based protocol - BBS (Bulletin Board System) around in the 70s covered everything you can think of, GUIs just made them visible with point and click.

BRE and BBS in the 80's is definitely a possibility.
Either just as a user, or possibly once he was at Telstra, to actually run/host a BBS from his bedroom.

The below linked NSW BBS discussion group (google groups) in 2001, gives you an idea of the sorts of material hosted on BBS in Australia.

Anyone from Perth dialling in to a non-WA based BBS would have clocked up some hefty interstate call charges for the time connected.
Even moreso for dialling into international ones.
Maybe some elite Telstra staff got all their local, interstate and international call charges waived back then, and possibly a few free phone data/voice lines for their home(s).
Maybe BRE had his own phone line in his bedroom, or just a long phone extension cable to a 2nd/3rd/4th phone line somewhere else in his home.
Or in the case that he was hosting a BBS at his home, he could have had a whole back of phone lines at home like the good old days of dial-up internet when ppl had were running ISP's from their living rooms, and you paid them by driving over to their place each month and handing over $40.

Maybe as a teen, BRE was a very naughty boy on his Commodore 64 and BBS, got found out, and had his Commodore 64 confiscated by his parents.

There's references in the below BBS discussion to illegal BBS being shut down. Not hard to imagine why.

https://groups.google.com/g/aus.net.access/c/bnTyEeMBC6E/m/6NQ6Zg9iBycJ (google groups is in the process of being killed off so best to archive anything there you want)
https://web.archive.org/web/2020102...g/aus.net.access/c/bnTyEeMBC6E/m/6NQ6Zg9iBycJ (archive of above link)

'During the 1980s, the Commodore 64 was used to run bulletin board systems'
'These boards sometimes were used to distribute cracked software.'

Below is a link to the Kleinfelter Syndrome which has a diagram of a male's body. It shows how the body features or shape resembles a female.

If a teenage boy was to have this syndrome I'm sure they would feel very awkward. Getting changed at school, and his younger brother probably taunted him too. My guess is BRE would have felt very awkward about his body image. Probably became extremely frustrated - hence the pent up anger.

As he grew older, he might have been reluctant to pursue girls, unless he found someone who was understanding, opting for a long-term relationship rather than something short-term.

If he does have KS, no wonder he's fairly quiet, probably didn't understand what was wrong, might have thought he was actually somewhat female. Possibly some sort of gender confusion?

If BRE did have KS could this explain the dressing up or are peoples thoughts still with it being a fettish?

Small wrists? Mine are & so are my ankles. And I do look like the MM but I don't think my hair was that big. Oh my wrists at the narrowest are 6.7 cm across. Measure that on yours anyone. :) Oh and I do not have KS.

From memory about 1986, I remember seeing a personal computer at someone's house. I couldn't understand what they'd bought it for, or what they intended doing with it. Just thought it was a really strange thing to spend money on. At first, PCs were so slow.

I go back to the days where at Gosnells (when it hadn’t made senior status yet) High School we were doing pencil marks on base cards to feed into the computer- to this day I have no bloody idea what the purpose of the whole thing was 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I go back to the days where at Gosnells (when it hadn’t made senior status yet) High School we were doing pencil marks on base cards to feed into the computer- to this day I have no bloody idea what the purpose of the whole thing was 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, cards were used for computer work. They were a bit before my time, my father used to bring them home for us to draw on.
There were two different sizes, with small pieces removed from them. I think the people who worked on them were called punch card operators.

talk of old school computing made me recall the family commodore 64 we had as kids. internet was available to be hooked up to it, however it was pricey, confusing, needed expensive extra equipment, and did not have much on it to interest many besides the nerds. the commodore 64 also ran on BASIC II as an operating system, not dos. programming was quite easy, i was able to write short text based programs when i was around 10 years old. if i recall you could buy magazines that had lists of programming code you could type in to create programs. programs were on 5 1/4 inch floppy drives, and even on cassette tapes.

talk of old school computing made me recall the family commodore 64 we had as kids. internet was available to be hooked up to it, however it was pricey, confusing, needed expensive extra equipment, and did not have much on it to interest many besides the nerds. the commodore 64 also ran on BASIC II as an operating system, not dos. programming was quite easy, i was able to write short text based programs when i was around 10 years old. if i recall you could buy magazines that had lists of programming code you could type in to create programs. programs were on 5 1/4 inch floppy drives, and even on cassette tapes.
Hmmm, no, the BASIC (Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) family of programming software was used on IBM, Apple and Atari also and was used for creating programs, it was not an operating system. BASIC would eventually become Python, Visual Basic, Perl, PHP, C# and Java etc.

When it came to the Commodore DOS was referred to as " Commodore DOS"
. 9780835930918-us.jpg

Yeah there was not a lot you could do on the 64. You could learn basic software programming, the first program i create on one was a snake game. Most people that used them back then used them as a word processor (digital typewriter). Gamers tended to go for the Amiga which was far more advanced in graphics at the time, and Amstrad computers had a large share in the word processing market.

Last edited:
Not to forget that BRE's 1st wife's account of BRE's love affair with a computer was not until later in their doomed relationship, in late 1994, when he claimedly bought a computer for their Huntingdale home, implying that he did not have a computer in this 5-6 year relationship before then, or if he did, kept it hidden from his 1st wife.

Maybe he kept a computer at his parents house or one of the other family properties?
Or maybe he always had one and had just purchased a newer one with better features?

From memory about 1986, I remember seeing a personal computer at someone's house. I couldn't understand what they'd bought it for, or what they intended doing with it. Just thought it was a really strange thing to spend money on. At first, PCs were so slow.
Gaming was what PCs were mostly used for in the 80s.

Or maybe he always had one and had just purchased a newer one with better features?
Maybe still had the Atari and the Commodore 64 computers lying dormant somewhere, and kept his old computers like he kept his old cars, lingerie & sandwich bags.

BRE has some lovely fun coming up if he ends up in Hakea?

The podcast is quite interesting about what happens on Christmas Day in prisons, prisoners aren't allowed visitors. And there's usually a footy match? Well Brad's ready to run on I'm sure after his Croc days, but probably no golden shorts!

Spare a thought for the Spiers, Rimmers and Glennons, and all the other families whose loved ones never came home. That empty chair at the table. 😪

"Hakea Prison has a unique way of celebrating, which includes improvised decorations made out of sugar sachets and jovial staff in dress up."

The podcast is quite interesting about what happens on Christmas Day in prisons, prisoners aren't allowed visitors. And there's usually a footy match? Well Brad's ready to run on I'm sure after his Croc days, but probably no golden shorts!

Spare a thought for the Spiers, Rimmers and Glennons, and all the other families whose loved ones never came home. That empty chair at the table. 😪

"Hakea Prison has a unique way of celebrating, which includes improvised decorations made out of sugar sachets and jovial staff in dress up."

He wont go back there, Hakea is a remand centre and at Christmas he will be a sentenced man, he will stay in Maximum at Casuarina Prison. But, he wont be watched 24/7 anymore in protection, unless he decides to do something stupid again.

I’ve got 2 questions for everyone. I’d love your opinion. I’ve been thinking about both of them for a bit.

1. Do you think Young Bradley will do something silly or outlandish in order to stay protected. For example a pencil incident again or something different this time?

2. Do you think MM never came forward to MACRO (especially after the Crime Investigation Australia doco) because he saw how LW was treated and was afraid of being treated the same way?

IMO 1. Yes he will. 2. 100%

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got 2 questions for everyone. I’d love your opinion. I’ve been thinking about both of them for a bit.

1. Do you think Young Bradley will something silly or outlandish in order to stay protected. For example a pencil incident again or something different this time?

2. Do you think MM never came forward to MACRO (especially after the Crime Investigation Australia doco) because he saw how LW was treated and was afraid of being treated the same way?

I dont think he'll have to do anything to stay in protection, I think they'll keep him there anyway. Depends who he falls in with, he may gravitate toward those from his own heritage & they may put the word out to leave him alone. Also depends whose in there too. What groups have the most pull & whether or not someone has something to prove. His own behaviour will dictate how he gets treated to a certain extent. If he's weak in any way, he'll be prayed upon simply because he can be. Mostly people will end up where they'll be the easiest to manage for the jail overall, he may be perfectly fine to go into gen pop & ne no trouble at all, but others may have an issue with him which will see him removed. I'd say they'll probably be looking to get him into a self care unit pretty quickly with other long term older guys, where theres little trouble an they don't have to worry about them too much.

I think cops know who MM is and always have done. I also think they've always been fully aware he had absolutely nothing to do with it. I don't think he stopped to speak with Jane at all & I don't think the theory they pushed on us when they showed us the MM video is accurate in the slightest either. That is, that Jane was "happy to see him" or "recognised him". I didn't get that impression from what I saw. I think they've lied to us about him from the outset.

1. Do you think Young Bradley will something silly or outlandish in order to stay protected. For example a pencil incident again or something different this time?

IMO
1/ I dont think Old Slow BRE will be given the opportunity to do anything dumb/reckless in the crisis care unit; until, he is sentenced on 23/12 then, he'll be in the prison general population I'm told....... bring it on........................ "buckle up bogsey"

2/ I don't think MM ever came forward. TBH it looks like my Ex; could be anybody. And, from all accounts WAPOL have no clue who it is if the crime show is to be believed (who knows it could have been a ploy to mislead the public or, put the "heat" on the perp BRE)

Last edited:

Hi DK,
Answer to Question 1 (are we allowed to phone a friend? If so I'd like to ring TE as I practically know him from his dropping in and out here and there!) YES i think he will try something as he won't want to go into general population. Be interesting to see how imaginative he gets, hasn't got a lot to work with, and supposedly watched 24/7.
imagev19c806d78820c150d48e64ffec1aa37bb-0adxn046wpex2mojhp2_t1880.jpg

Question 2:
MM has always bothered me that nobody saw him or knew him, or knew he was there that night and that he hadn't been interviewed by WAPOL? Your take on it is very possible DK, that person didn't want to perhaps be persecuted, but what a terrible load to carry all those years for MM.

Has there been any more feedback about what WAPOL wanted to speak to BRE about? After the verdict Chris Dawson (COP) Commissioner of Police mentioned they'd be speaking to him. I suppose they'd have to pick the right moment, wait until BRE's calmed down enough, things haven't been going so well for him lately :)

After BRE was arrested there was mention of thirty detectives employed to look at thirty years worth of crime - that's 1986. Hopefully, if there was something they would have found it.

You'd think Wife No. 1 would have racked her brain trying to think of where he and she might have been at certain times. I'm sure CCS would have spoken to her umpteen times, surely she would have been drilled.

Back in 1991 KTs body was located in bushland. Beforehand, KT had been out clubbing at Pinnochio's night club, and got a ride, part the way home - Victoria Park onwards. Hopefully, CCS have looked into how KT was left - thinking if she was covered in foliage similar to JR & CG.

CCS would want any former homicides closed-out, so the families can have some closure. I doubt BRE will fess up to anything though.

Interesting post GND,

I had no idea what went on in prison over the Christmas break, but after listening to that pod, it's nice to hear that throughout the festive season the prison guards are quite jovial, making decorations out of small objects like sugar sachets etc.

Hopefully, they won't get too ambitious and actually give out Christmas gifts, in BREs case a gift-wrapped packet of sandwich bags - because I don't think he'll see the funny side of it. 🤣:p🤣

Hi DK,
Answer to Question 1 (are we allowed to phone a friend? If so I'd like to ring TE as I practically know him from his dropping in and out here and there!) YES i think he will try something as he won't want to go into general population. Be interesting to see how imaginative he gets, hasn't got a lot to work with, and supposedly watched 24/7.
View attachment 998551

Question 2:
MM has always bothered me that nobody saw him or knew him, or knew he was there that night and that he hadn't been interviewed by WAPOL? Your take on it is very possible DK, that person didn't want to perhaps be persecuted, but what a terrible load to carry all those years for MM.
Phone a friend for sure 😊.
I think he won’t want to be in general pop. Being a major jail in WA, I’m sure there’s some hard men who would happily take him on, or someone could want to make a name for themselves.

The reason why I think as I do regarding MM and I thought about it if it was me. Knowing how LW was treated with it being on the news and all, I wouldn’t own up to it being me. I’d be afraid that I’d be treated the same way. The police could suspect who it is, But they can’t prove it.

Phone a friend for sure 😊.
I think he won’t want to be in general pop. Being a major jail in WA, I’m sure there’s some hard men who would happily take him on, or someone could want to make a name for themselves.

The reason why I think as I do regarding MM and I thought about it if it was me. Knowing how LW was treated with it being on the news and all, I wouldn’t own up to it being me. I’d be afraid that I’d be treated the same way. The police could suspect who it is, But they can’t prove it.
The video of MM was released around the same time that LW was cleared of being a suspect. Does anyone know what came first, him being cleared or the video release? I am thinking is it possible the video wasn't released earlier because MM doesn't look like LW? That making it another aspect of the tunnel vision screw up and adding support to your theory.

The video of MM was released around the same time that LW was cleared of being a suspect. Does anyone know what came first, him being cleared or the video release? I am thinking is it possible the video wasn't released earlier because MM doesn't look like LW? That making it another aspect of the tunnel vision screw up and adding support to your theory.
I’m not sure on the timeline with the 2 events, I’d be keen to know if anyone knows.

I’m not sure on the timeline with the 2 events, I’d be keen to know if anyone knows.
This what Google came up with -
Video released 28th August 2008
Lance Williams was cleared in 2008

Last edited:
See above post - you could very well be right!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back