Current The Bunker Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Were the youth around the Huntingdale area generally feared that much, that some victims or families of victims might have been been too scared to report who they thought or new were the perpetrators. Particularly if they did not think they had enough evidence to have the perpetrators either charged or convicted?

i dont believe so. I grew up in huntingdale in the early 80's before moving to gosnells in the new area at the time the other side of the high school. huntingdale was seen as "the new gosnells" in a way from what I recall. most of gosnells around then was old fibro homes from about corfield street and up towards the highway, with brick homes being built from corfield street down to about chamberlain street in the early to mid 80's. most of huntingdale was rural at this stage, with a small amount of suburban houses near huntingdale primary. huntingdale then grew around the mid 80's and onwards, was subdivided, and streets added/changed. huntingdale at the time was seen as the new/snobbish part of gosnells, as the people in that area at the time could afford a new house while gosnells proper was considered a bit of a ghetto, with plenty of homes west houses and low income families. most of the kids back in those days were fairly well behaved, even the high school had quite a few programs and extra curricular activities at this stage, before most of them got killed off as we appraoched the recession in the early 90s. around the early 90s though the school did have a rather bad reputation, and it was ranked quite low against other schools, gosnells senior high was ranked bad enough in fact that they were forced to change principals to a more disciplinary principal.

as such i think the huntingdale residents would of reported crime at the time, this had probably changed by about the mid 90's however. also you need to remember that gosnells police and their CIB team had a less than favourable reputation. they were known for inactivity, slow speeds of response and generally not doing much. this was to prevail until about the late 90s.

when you said rusty beers I thought of cans not glass bottles. the bottles will have an expiry printed on the sticker, or written on the glass on the neck of the bottle.
I was nearly going back there today. Cooler weather. But family stuff stopped me doing that. But I plan to go back soon. BRE laid the girls on the line he created.

I was nearly going back there today. Cooler weather. But family stuff stopped me doing that. But I plan to go back soon.
When you do, maybe remove the bottles to make sure that they are not a fire risk.

They are covered in thick bark to stop any more sun damage. No one can even accidentally step on them either.

A large bushfire is ongoing in the area today. That may /may not be beneficial to me.

They are covered in thick bark to stop any more sun damage. No one can even accidentally step on them either.

A large bushfire is ongoing in the area today. That may /may not be beneficial to me.
FT,

I thought your mission was supposed to be top secret. You've completely blown your cover, everyone in Perth knows the bushfire is in the Forrestdale area. We can see the smoke bellowing for miles.

everyone in Perth knows the bushfire is in the Forrestdale area.

CSK related areas under threat from this fire are reported to be Casuarina and Wellard.

'A threat to lives and homes remains in place for residents in Oakford, Casuarina, Banjup, Hammond Park, Forrestdale, Wandi, Wellard, Anketell and Oldbury.'

And another suburb mentioned on the radio at noon. I am telling the truth re the very old beer bottles. It is either nothing or explosive what I have seen. Hard to say really. But If I am right re the beers that BRE might have stashed then that is explosive. And it points to something else. Possibly, possibly under laid tree cover left n right as we know BRE does as per the court case. Still early days. But as the sun shines every day. I am not giving up. Do what I do everyone. Spend a thousand dollars of fuel doing what I do...

He wasn't always wearing undies on his head either and he lived within a 1km radius of all the houses he targeted. It might be a bit surprising someone didn't run into him at the shops or say "It looked like that Brad Edwards." It wasn't as if it was just one incident, he kept going back to certain houses and terrorizing the neighbourhood.

What a nerve, he was being seen and everybody knew there was a prowler around he just carried on as if there would be no consequence.
He was impulsive. HH showed that.

Has anyone managed to get an online copy of Bret's book?
What about you BFew or Kurve?
He was impulsive. HH showed that.
I always thought it was a reaction from someone who had a bad temper. The lady from HH was just there. It probably didn't take much to set him off, both wives might say, whilst around him they needed to tread on egg shells.

Has anyone managed to get an online copy of Bret's book?
What about you BFew or Kurve?

I always thought it was a reaction from someone who had a bad temper. The lady from HH was just there. It probably didn't take much to set him off, both wives might say, whilst around him they needed to tread on egg shells.

It's not out yet, I looked. But I think I prefer a hard copy for this one anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry I won't be giving much away but in BC's book there's an early reference to a clairvoyant having Don Spears drive to Southern Cross to talk with a man who "held the key" to SS's disappearance. I'm wondering if a certain Dan Baker was that quack clairvoyant, considering he went on and on in here about Southern Cross being part of his 'line theory'.

Or how about we take the book discussion over to the 'Hey Bret?' thread? What do you all think? Or should we give it a few more days?
I know I'm not a prolific poster but i read everything and have started the book. My suggestion would be having the conversation in the Hey Brett thread. My 2$ of couse...

I think that spoilers are part of the CSK discussion and contributors should be free to discuss them. They will be on the news anyway. Just my 1c (worth less than others’ opinion).

When’s the zoom? Has anyone got any details on it?

Wed 10 Feb 2021 at 6:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back