Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know exactly what the charge might be on sharing his mugshot?

Got in here

Mr Patton confirmed a male officer from the Southern Metropolitan Region was interviewed in regards to possible criminal conduct relating to the “unauthorised disclosure of information”. He is expected to be charged on summons and may face up to two years jail and nearly $40,000 in fines.

The only part of Laidley's story that is worthy of a front page is the Privacy breach in a Victorian Police Station.

With such an important Supreme Court Trial day in the alleged WA "Crime of the Century" getting to play 2nd fiddle, I'd say its a fait de complit, that barring any major other events today, Brad will get the Full front page tomorrow with a headline of "Liar", "Liar Liar", or a variation of
one of the other movies with the word "liar(s)/lies/lying in it.

Top Movies/TV Series with the word "lie/liar(s)/lying" in the title ...

Through all the noise, I can't even find details of Laidley's charges there's only a mention of 'stalking' and breach of family violence orders. What's new about that?

We see it every day.

My thoughts too. Understandable that he was charged. If it turns out h is Transgender, this could end badly. IF he is, did his family know beforehand or was he just outed to not only his kids/parents/siblings/friends, he was outed to the AFL. He's old enough to know that you'd NEVER tell any team mates or the teams he works for. Not with the likes of bigots like Sam Newman insisting that AFL players who're gay should not be playing or being openly gay. If he is transgender, this man's career is effectively over & his family will suffer too. The fear & shame he would have on his shoulders having to watch his family go through it too could tip him over the edge & then will that officer be knowing he caused someone to commit suicide because of his actions

"bigots like Sam Newman insisting that AFL players who're gay should not be playing or being openly gay."

where & when did Sam Newman say this?.....

"bigots like Sam Newman insisting that AFL players who're gay should not be playing or being openly gay."

where & when did Sam Newman say this?.....

I haven't seen that one either but Sam is always in trouble, I just saw his tweet and understand more why I got into so much in another thread by suggesting what happened isn't good for Vic Pol image when they were struggling through the Royal Commission then the public swinging back in behind them very solidly after four of them were run over on the freeway. :rolleyes:

samnewman.png

I can't give you specific dates & times. One, when we had the placebo vote on same sex marriage
& multiple times on The Footy show, before he was booted off, whenever a young AFL player came out as openly gay. Google should have a few news articles if you're keen. He's been saying it for years

I can't give you specific dates & times. One, when we had the placebo vote on same sex marriage
& multiple times on The Footy show, before he was booted off, whenever a young AFL player came out as openly gay. Google should have a few news articles if you're keen. He's been saying it for years

He's of the old school, so much work done to his face we can forget how old he really is but sometimes I think he just says awful things to get a rise. Having met him a couple of times, he comes over as a compassionate kind of person who chips in and is prepared to get his hands dirty to help out, not what I expected.

He's of the old school, so much work done to his face we can forget how old he really is but sometimes I think he just says awful things to get a rise. Having met him a couple of times, he comes over as a compassionate kind of person who chips in and is prepared to get his hands dirty to help out, not what I expected.
it did shock me what he said in his tweet you posted. I don't know what I expected but I didn't think he'd say anything at all. That was my original point though, that being about, how bigots of that age would never have confided until maybe years after retirement. He was still working in community footy though. So if people knew they kept their mouths shut like he would have when he played. Imagine how he felt every time he heard Sam Harp on about gay players of today. A lot still haven't come out still

it did shock me what he said in his tweet you posted. I don't know what I expected but I didn't think he'd say anything at all. That was my original point though, that being about, how bigots of that age would never have confided until maybe years after retirement. He was still working in community footy though. So if people knew they kept their mouths shut like he would have when he played. Imagine how he felt every time he heard Sam Harp on about gay players of today. A lot still haven't come out still

It was a bit off, agree. I haven't read the rest of his tweets because I don't follow him.

I wont waste my time on google as I wont find anything like you suggest.
Maybe you should use google as you're the one who has made the accusation that Sam Newman has said
"AFL players who're gay should not be playing or being openly gay."

also please tell me who the young AFL player who came out as openly gay?...…

"multiple times on The Footy show, before he was booted off, whenever a young AFL player came out as openly gay."

thanks

Does anyone know the estimated date for the trial to be finished? It's been going for such a long time I can't remember when it actually started.

Sounds like the whole arrest episode wasn't such an enjoyable experience for BRE. At the initial interview he denied knowing anything about any of it, didn't know the people WAPOL were talking about. Sounds like that response was well thought out, even rehearsed.

Thank goodness the kimono was located in 2016.

Does anyone know the estimated date for the trial to be finished? It's been going for such a long time I can't remember when it actually started.

Sounds like the whole arrest episode wasn't such an enjoyable experience for BRE. At the initial interview he denied knowing anything about any of it, didn't know the people WAPOL were talking about. Sounds like that response was well thought out, even rehearsed.

Thank goodness the kimono was located in 2016.

Another 5 weeks before the judge retires for his decision. He could come back in in 20 minutes or 10 weeks. Who knows.

I haven't seen that one either but Sam is always in trouble, I just saw his tweet and understand more why I got into so much in another thread by suggesting what happened isn't good for Vic Pol image when they were struggling through the Royal Commission then the public swinging back in behind them very solidly after four of them were run over on the freeway. :rolleyes:

View attachment 870504

Sam is right on this one and Hassa doesn't appreciate that the act of one's own folly in uniform is an act of the organisation. That said the organisation has acted swiftly and appropriate to restore some confidence.

Sadly this is one of those situations where there are no winners.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam is right on this one and Hassa doesn't appreciate that the act one one's own folly in uniform is an act of the organisation. That said the organisation has acted swiftly and appropriate to restore some confidence.

Sadly this is one of those situations where there are no winners.

They represent Victoria Police, there is no way around that imo. News just up, now TWO Senior Constables have been suspended and charged.

I can only quote my experience in Yunnan. They don't talk a lot of English! But you can basically make your way with the occasional stranger helping out when required.

Yunnan... hmmm. Isn't that where the bat coronavirus came from? Cough cough...

we were doing the major spots where im expecting a level of English would be understood. Beijing, terracotta warriors, great wall, etc, and then unfortunately part of our package included time in Hong Kong. if you ever want to see a crap chute with people stacked on top of people, then Hong Kong is your place.

Well picked!
Can you see the HORROR MOVIE content?

The words "horror" or "movie" do not appear on p4-7 of the West today.
I think the use of HORROR MOVIE on p1, is just a reference to the Boogieman and horror movies (see far below).

The Bogeyman (/ˈbʊɡimæn, ˈboʊɡi-/;[1] also spelled boogeyman, bogyman, bogieman, boogie monster or boogie man) is a mythical creature used by adults to frighten children into good behavior. The Bogeyman has no specific appearance, and conceptions vary drastically by household and culture, but is commonly depicted as a masculine or androgynous monster that punishes children for misbehavior. The Bogeyman or a somewhat related creature can be found in every culture. Bogeymen may target a specific act or general misbehaviour, depending on what purpose needs serving, often based on a warning from the child's authority figure. The term "Bogeyman" is sometimes used as a non-specific personification or metonym for terror, and in some cases, the Devil.The word bogey is believed to be derived from the Middle English bogge / bugge ("something frightening", "scarecrow"). Theories on its origin include a root meaning "goat", or a cognate of the German bögge, böggel-mann ("goblin")...
...Many of the Bogeyman are depicted as having claws, talons, and sharp teeth. Along with that, the majority of Bogeyman are of the spirit variety, while the minority are demons, witches, and other legendary creatures. Some are even described to have certain animal features such as horns, hooves, and bug like appearances. When looking at the personality traits of the Bogeyman, they are most easily divided into three categories; the kind that punishes misbehaved children, the kind that are more prone to violence, and the kind that protect the innocent. They all relate in the same way, being that they all exist to teach young children lessons. The large majority of Bogeyman are there to just frighten children with punishments, and not actually inflict much damage. The more vicious Bogeyman is said to steal the children at night, and even eat them. The last category is the Bogeyman who protect people and only punish those guilty, regardless of age.

Maybe his facebook accounts were actually spelled more like Bogeyman1/2/3, Bogieman1/2/3, Boogeyman1/2/3 (as opposed to Boogieman1/2/3).

There are numerous Bogeyman related horror movies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boogie_Man_Will_Get_You (1942)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boogeyman_(short_story) (Stephen King 1973)
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_boogeyman_stephen_kings_the_boogeyman (1982)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogeyman_II (Revenge of the Boogeyman 1983)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Boogeyman (1994)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogie_Nights (1997) (one of my favourites - especially Heather Graham's performance)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogeyman_(film) (2005)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogeyman_2 (2007)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogeyman_3 (2008)
https://modernhorrors.com/the-80s-are-back-with-boogeyman-reincarnation/ (2016)

Too many times (sorry Mentals) in real life, as opposed to virtual/second life, BRE really was a Monster (IMO).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogie_Nights (1997) (one of my favourites - especially Heather Graham's performance)

Not sure if any of you saw me slip in the above out of place movie, in my list of horror bogey/boogieman movies above.

However, it just occurred to me that maybe the name boogie man was in reference to the Boogie Nights Mark Wahlberg movie
and BRE saw himself as a pr0n star that operated at night (Boogie + nights + horror = Boogie man)

Not sure if any of you saw me slip in the above out of place movie, in my list of horror bogey/boogieman movies above.

However, it just occurred to me that maybe the name boogie man was in reference to the Boogie Nights Mark Wahlberg movie
and BRE saw himself as a pr0n star that operated at night (Boogie + nights + horror = Boogie man)
Don't get that Boogie Fever, that's going around:p

Boogie man not too far removed from Boggsy* his highschool nickname.
Interested to know the origin of that, hopefully it will be revealed post trial when suppressions are lifted

*spelling unkwown

Boogie man not too far removed from Boggsy* his highschool nickname.
Interested to know the origin of that, hopefully it will be revealed post trial when suppressions are lifted

*spelling unkwown
IRC I think some one did come up with the reason he was called Bogsy, I cant remember what it was though, I also could be wrong. I think this court case was an absolute flop! and we will end up with far more information about the case in the media when its all over!!

IRC I think some one did come up with the reason he was called Bogsy, I cant remember what it was though, I also could be wrong. I think this court case was an absolute flop! and we will end up with far more information about the case in the media when its all over!!
Agree with you zed that more will come out after the trial.
Unsure your meaning of it being a flop... the prosecution have clearly been careful not to f**^ things up & doing it by the book, quite bland, perhaps, necessary IMHO,
But being particular very important, especially when you consider to the Rayney case.
Quite happy the case is running well & Justice Hall is well on top of it, so justice will prevail.

Agree with you zed that more will come out after the trial.
Unsure your meaning of it being a flop... the prosecution have clearly been careful not to f**^ things up & doing it by the book, quite bland, perhaps, necessary IMHO,
But being particular very important, especially when you consider to the Rayney case.
Quite happy the case is running well & Justice Hall is well on top of it, so justice will prevail.
A flop as in there has been next to no evidence, we know little more now than when we started. If Carmel hadn't blabbed on for weeks about the DNA under Ciara's nail and the few fibers they found the evidence would have been over in less than a fortnight!

A flop as in there has been next to no evidence, we know little more now than when we started. If Carmel hadn't blabbed on for weeks about the DNA under Ciara's nail and the few fibers they found the evidence would have been over in less than a fortnight!
Get ya zed...but the DNA and fibres are the main points of evidence, and Carmel has to be very particular and cover all of that evidence thoroughly.
If it was a movie, I suppose it would be a flop, because we all would,ve fallen asleep during parts.
Reckon the finale` might be worth the wait, wrap ups by both sides, then another wait for decision/sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back