Media ClarkeMedia presents: Baghdad Bandits s**t all over tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

CLARKE%20Martin.png

wvvi.png
Many would be aware of the recent name-change that was self-inflicted by the current leaders at the Baghdad Bombers which has seen them dissuade the assumption that they were an Essendon fantasy club. This did cause some controversy and it has recently been handed to the attention of ClarkeMedia that many past legends of the club, including the very founder himself, are against the name change.

Upon further investigation, I delved into the fantasy forum for educational purposes only and I discovered a strikingly scary thread which contains many Baghdad Bombers legends and players discussing their very angst at even the possibility of a name change.

nonchalance, the former Bombers spearhead, pondered the effect that a name change would have on the tradition of the club:
Far as I'm concerned, the Bombers are strong enough to keep our traditions. We'd be even better if certain people who support Essendon would join us, too.
The 119 game, 129 goal superstar and Season 7 leading goalkicker for the Bombers opened the floor for further discussion.

Club legend and arguably one of the biggest in size yet smallest in stature playe, ant555 also weighed in heavily against the move. He was adamant that the future of the Bombers would live on:
We wont be changing from the Bombers.
In what is an interesting development, Ant555 played from Season 4 until Season 15 so one must wonder if the leaders at the dragons purposefully pushed him out of the side to go forward with the bastardised name change? Ant played 222 games (equal 9th in the SFA prior to Season 18) and kicked 80 goals. A truly remarkable accomplishment for someone who's very foundations seem to have been s**t all over on by the insipid few at the Baghdad Bullants who believe it's okay to do so.

The most striking post however comes from Hall of Fame member and club founder, dougthelegend. Doug played 217 games over a very long career with the Bombers and he also kicked 338 goals, fourth in the entire history of the SFA prior to Season 18. His post determines what I think is the true essence of a club's tradition and history, something that the current Baghdad Bulls need to consider for once:
As the founders and owner of the Bombers - we won't be changing our name, its our tradition and we're damn proud of it.

And we won't be changing our policy of only recruiting bombers fans - we don't want to alter our tradition to suit the masses - we're bombers - and damn proud of it.
Would you just look at that? The leaders at the Baghdad Badgers should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for defecating all over their own founder.

Doug has had some more words on the matter also:
Just saw the update that we keep our name - happy with that.

Still sticking with our policy of Bombers fans only tho.

Even former player boncer34 chimed in with confusion about the possibility of a name change:
Why do we have to change the Bombers part?

One thing that is clear from this is that the Baghdad Bandits have just s**t all over the fabric of a once respected club. You should be ashamed Gee Dub and Bengwatkins, ASHAMED!

Please discuss.

Last edited:

Disgraceful change and guys like boncer, ant555 and dougthelegend would be spinning in their graves.

If they were dead.

Which they're not.

But if they were, boy they'd be spinning.

Disgraceful change and guys like boncer, ant555 and dougthelegend would be spinning in their graves.

If they were dead.

Which they're not.

spiral.gif

If they were dead.

Which they're not.

I saw a lot of embarrassing posts of yours back there. Don't make me.

I saw a lot of embarrassing posts of yours back there. Don't make me.

The statute of limitation on those is long gone.

Besides, I can use the search function too... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there plans to also do one of these for the Dragons after they disgracefully removed the Southern part of their heritage last season?
Yeah but they are the dragons... we expect that s**t from them!

Is there plans to also do one of these for the Dragons after they disgracefully removed the Southern part of their heritage last season?
Maybe. They need to have a history first.

says the bear sitting on the bottom of the ladder, who hasn't even shown up in the match thread yet.
You have a history of being s**t... we have only just started.

And I've posted... (at this moment in time) 5 times in that match thread so far. Sorry if I don't want to spam it with useless s**t like you usually do.

Maybe. They need to have a history first.
Ahem.
You have a history of being s**t... we have only just started.

And I've posted... (at this moment in time) 5 times in that match thread so far. Sorry if I don't want to spam it with useless s**t like you usually do.
'You' being the Dragons.

If they were dead.

Which they're not.

The original Boncer is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back