• About right

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson has been handed a $20,000 fine and suspended two-match ban until the end of the 2025 season by the AFL for his fiery exchange with St Kilda players.

Pretty piss weak from the AFL.

I wonder when the switch will flip from "* around" to "find out" for his career. But I suppose if multiple allegations of racist behaviour, bigoted attacking of a journo, getting into it physically with those fans in Adelaide (admittedly the fans were out of line but he still should have handled himself better), yelling abuse at junior umpires, going onto a VFL field and yelling abuse at players doesn't stick then what will.

I wonder when the switch will flip from "* around" to "find out" for his career. But I suppose if multiple allegations of racist behaviour, bigoted attacking of a journo, getting into it physically with those fans in Adelaide (admittedly the fans were out of line but he still should have handled himself better), yelling abuse at junior umpires, going onto a VFL field and yelling abuse at players doesn't stick then what will.
I've been trying for about half an hour. But it seems that there is no way that I can reach into the screen and give you the cuddle you need. Sorry.

So you reckon a $20,000 fine for calling an opposition a player a corksucker was a "pissweak" response :D

It's your contention that the AFL should've tripled or quadrupled the fine?

Or maybe they should've banned Clarkson from the game indefinitely as a Lifetime Achievement Award ???

Would that have been a justified penalty, in your opinion?

A prominent footballer turned VFL coach had a vocabulary that makes Clarko look like an angel.
Clarko wears his heart on his sleeve and shouldn’t have said what he said but once he’s stepped over that white line he’s a fierce competitor.

Probably would be the first to sit down and have a beer with a couple of gay guys and talk footy and the meaning of life.

Needs to find a way to reign it in a bit at times though. Can’t get away with the heat of the moment stuff in 2024.

Back