Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

We are guaranteed one of Mobley or Green which is the next best thing to having Cunningham guaranteed. Time to watch tape, there are pros and cons for both but the one thing they have in common is super high upside which we don't have on the roster besides maybe Garland

Is it true in the fact that some are saying either Mobley or Green would have gone first in last years draft?
I haven't followed this draft much at all as I really thought we wouldn't have a top 5 pick + less free time but I do know last years draft was very bad and the only player I would even consider trading our pick 3 for from last years draft would be Lamelo.

Wiseman? Hell no

Look at the way Mobley moves his feet on defense in this vid.. If rockets pass on him I would draft him without blinking. Green is a damn good option too though given his stats in G-league. Suggs just doesnt make sense for me unless we move Garland which i don't want to do but he could probably end up a genuine stud too from what I saw of him in college earlier in the year

Just want to point out had we not beaten Boston we would have swapped spots with OKC who are picking 6th... thanks Boston :)
At the time a lot of Cavs fans were mad as hell that we won that game. Turns out it was doubly good. :moustache:

I don’t see why we need to trade him until we’re forced to play our hand. Just run Sexton as the 6th man that runs the second unit. The issue is when it’s time for him to get paid.
I think he will be expecting a contract extension this off-season, also not sure how happy he would be coming off the bench in a contract year when he’s just averaged 25points a game too

Son of Skeletor do you think the pels would be interested in Sexton?

Probably not, as we already have two iso weapons in Zion and Ingram. We need a real point guard more than anything.

Your best bet is finding a team lacking in scoring, or one needing a 6th man. Of course it would depend on what kind of contract he's after too.

Probably not, as we already have two iso weapons in Zion and Ingram. We need a real point guard more than anything.

Your best bet is finding a team lacking in scoring, or one needing a 6th man. Of course it would depend on what kind of contract he's after too.
I think he needs to play off the ball with a bigger strong defensive point guard, that’s why I thought maybe with Pels having Lonzo it could work

I think he needs to play off the ball with a bigger strong defensive point guard, that’s why I thought maybe with Pels having Lonzo it could work

Our problem is Lonzo is not even our point guard half the time anyway. Until he learns to finish in traffic teams will always overplay him for the pass.

Tbh Sexton is one of those guys who is fine on a rookie deal or locked in at a sensible rate, but really gives you pause for thought when he's out of contract. You might be able to get a team like the Kings to bite, or possibly even the Mavs. Most of the good teams that just need a little extra scoring probably won't be willing or able to afford what he's likely to demand.

For us specifically, there's just too much overlap with Ingram as a guy who can score 25 a night on decent efficiency, but is not a great defender and can be a ball stopper. I do suspect we'll try to attach picks to Bledsoe's contract though and trade for someone. Whom exactly, I have no idea.

Our problem is Lonzo is not even our point guard half the time anyway. Until he learns to finish in traffic teams will always overplay him for the pass.

Tbh Sexton is one of those guys who is fine on a rookie deal or locked in at a sensible rate, but really gives you pause for thought when he's out of contract. You might be able to get a team like the Kings to bite, or possibly even the Mavs. Most of the good teams that just need a little extra scoring probably won't be willing or able to afford what he's likely to demand.

For us specifically, there's just too much overlap with Ingram as a guy who can score 25 a night on decent efficiency, but is not a great defender and can be a ball stopper. I do suspect we'll try to attach picks to Bledsoe's contract though and trade for someone. Whom exactly, I have no idea.
Sexton has big limitations that makes me want the cavs to not pay him more than $20mil a season. Factor those limitations in with how hard it is to build a team around a 6'1 shooting guard and the cavs apparent belief they will draft Green at pick 3 who is a SG not a SF I think they will really try and push for a trade before the season.
I forgot you guys had Bledsoe, at least Adams contract drops 10mil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sexton has big limitations that makes me want the cavs to not pay him more than $20mil a season. Factor those limitations in with how hard it is to build a team around a 6'1 shooting guard and the cavs apparent belief they will draft Green at pick 3 who is a SG not a SF I think they will really try and push for a trade before the season.
I forgot you guys had Bledsoe, at least Adams contract drops 10mil

Yep, pretty much. I mean I wouldn't want to build a team around Ingram either, but at least he has legitimate size.

Best you can hope for is that the contract ends up like Zach Lavine's maybe, but even then he has size and athleticism, and the Bulls still suck.

Sexton just screams 6th man, Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams type. It's a tricky situation for you, because you can't afford to bleed talent without getting something in return, but it's difficult to envisage which team would give up assets to pay Sexton a boatload.

Yep, pretty much. I mean I wouldn't want to build a team around Ingram either, but at least he has legitimate size.

Best you can hope for is that the contract ends up like Zach Lavine's maybe, but even then he has size and athleticism, and the Bulls still suck.

Sexton just screams 6th man, Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams type. It's a tricky situation for you, because you can't afford to bleed talent without getting something in return, but it's difficult to envisage which team would give up assets to pay Sexton a boatload.
Most of the fanbase either likes Garland or Sexton, so if he is traded their could be some pretty big melts on social media from the half that prefer Sexton. I have always preferred Garland but wished Sexton could improve his vision to help him.
I hope there is a team out there that wants him because I'm keen for the cavs to start building a proper team that can compete every night

Most of the fanbase either likes Garland or Sexton, so if he is traded their could be some pretty big melts on social media from the half that prefer Sexton. I have always preferred Garland but wished Sexton could improve his vision to help him.
I hope there is a team out there that wants him because I'm keen for the cavs to start building a proper team that can compete every night

I think I'd prefer Garland based on two years left to evaluate him, and that he seems to be a legitimate point guard. Of course you still don't know how he'll handle an increase in usage, so it's always a gamble.

Dallas are one team who could use Sexton's buckets, but whether they're willing to make that their big move after their tumultuous off-season remains to be seen. They could send you Josh Richardson back in a S & T, but meh. They already owe the Knicks their pick this year and in 2023, so their options are limited.

Unfortunately there are similar-ish guys on the market like Reggie Jackson and Schroeder, which means teams looking to add a scoring guard will have options.

Completely off topic, not sure where to post this.
But an incredible documentary on Cleveland’s history by Secret Base. Three part series, all free on YouTube.
Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Three hours, but well worth the watch. So well put together and learned huge amount of basketball that wasn’t possible.

I think I'd prefer Garland based on two years left to evaluate him, and that he seems to be a legitimate point guard. Of course you still don't know how he'll handle an increase in usage, so it's always a gamble.

Dallas are one team who could use Sexton's buckets, but whether they're willing to make that their big move after their tumultuous off-season remains to be seen. They could send you Josh Richardson back in a S & T, but meh. They already owe the Knicks their pick this year and in 2023, so their options are limited.

Unfortunately there are similar-ish guys on the market like Reggie Jackson and Schroeder, which means teams looking to add a scoring guard will have options.
Sexton playing off-ball next to Luka is really intriguing. Without being a dick, Cleveland's needs are basically everything but I don't see a natural trade fit.

After missing out on Doncic, Zion and Lamelo it is nice to land a player like Mobley, hopefully he can reach his potential.
Rubio is a good in as we badly needed a back up pg, I would have preferred signing McConnell but not sure how realistic that was.
SF and shooting are still big areas of concern we need to address either with our remaining cap space or via Sexton/Nance trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back