Mega Thread The NBA Offseason Thread (22-23 season). NBA Draft, Summer League (Cleveland SL champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

As Joel Enbiid commits and declares allegiance to the USA. Steve Kerr is happy.

The way this happens with all sports pisses me off and has done for years. I'd really love it if all international competitions only allowed you to represent where you were born and nothing else. What we have now is the international equivalent of super teams. It's lame.

It’s one thing for players who would never get a game for their home country to want to play elsewhere but to turn your back on a country that needs you and where u would make a difference to is dirty as.

Imagine if bogut bailed on Australia and chose to play for USA? We would hate his guts.

Bailing on Cameroon so u can medal with usa is pissweak imo

It’s one thing for players who would never get a game for their home country to want to play elsewhere but to turn your back on a country that needs you and where u would make a difference to is dirty as.

Imagine if bogut bailed on Australia and chose to play for USA? We would hate his guts.

Bailing on Cameroon so u can medal with usa is pissweak imo
Remember when Kyrie could have repped Australia..

I dunno if I can remember a season in recent memory where the lack of teams setting their stall out to tank is so small.

San Antonio is probably still the clubhouse leader, and they just added freaking Wembanyama.

There are a bunch of teams - Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, Houston, Orlando, Portland, Utah, Washington - which are probably not going to reach the playoffs, but they're all hardly bereft of talent. It's quite feasible that any of those teams could win 30 games, some of them nearer 40 even.

Probably says something about the 2024 draft class, but it's still odd. Have no doubt at least a couple of teams will inevitably give it a good go by the end of the season though.

I dunno if I can remember a season in recent memory where the lack of teams setting their stall out to tank is so small.

San Antonio is probably still the clubhouse leader, and they just added freaking Wembanyama.

There are a bunch of teams - Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, Houston, Orlando, Portland, Utah, Washington - which are probably not going to reach the playoffs, but they're all hardly bereft of talent. It's quite feasible that any of those teams could win 30 games, some of them nearer 40 even.

Probably says something about the 2024 draft class, but it's still odd. Have no doubt at least a couple of teams will inevitably give it a good go by the end of the season though.
Washington? they pushed all their chips into the middle of the tank...... they wont win 22 games

Washington? they pushed all their chips into the middle of the tank...... they wont win 22 games

I don't think Washington will be very good, granted. However I don't think they've completely torn it down, yet.

If they trade Tyus Jones, then yeah, they'll be competing for the #1 pick. They still have a lot of decisions to make with their roster though. Do they extend Avdija and/or Kispert? Can they extract and trade value out of Shamet, Wright or Muscala? Are they actually serious about building around Kuzma and Poole?

At the moment I think they're closer to 25 wins, as opposed to 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's awesome that pretty much everyone will be competing from the start. That will change as the season progresses once injuries/form come into it. But the start of the season should be great.

I don't think Washington will be very good, granted. However I don't think they've completely torn it down, yet.

If they trade Tyus Jones, then yeah, they'll be competing for the #1 pick. They still have a lot of decisions to make with their roster though. Do they extend Avdija and/or Kispert? Can they extract and trade value out of Shamet, Wright or Muscala? Are they actually serious about building around Kuzma and Poole?

At the moment I think they're closer to 25 wins, as opposed to 15.
they will go well in the early part of the season but i dont see many wins after the All Star break for them and all bets are off if they get some key injuries as they are very thin on talent.

and you're right it will be interesting to see what they get out of some of those players and I'd add Gafford to that mix, he's been an interesting talent who has been wildly inconsistent, not just game to game but play to play, now the unicorn has moved on there is a lot more big man minutes to go around, he will need to stand up as they don't have a lot of depth in the front court.

Also, Poole is going to be pushing for the scoring title this year.
yes agree he'll be in the conversation, i suspect he'll put up around 21-22 shots a game but my guess is his % splits will drop just because he wont have too many others drawing gravity from the defence, so sure he might put in 28-29 a game but it will be similar to when Jerry Stakehouse won the scoring title years ago, nobody will take it seriously as the shooting percentages will be hard to look at.

After this long I haven't got anything left.

Ah yes, you've reached the Udonis Haslem stage. Only difference is he kept cashing cheques for another five years, must have pocketed another $10 mil.

Reckon you could take the Hornets to court for a similar sum, it's the least they could do to alleviate your suffering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back