Mega Thread The NBA Offseason Thread (22-23 season). NBA Draft, Summer League (Cleveland SL champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jrue, Brown, Tatum, Porzingis, Horford, White and a whole lot of bench

Added Jrue and KP for Smart, Brogdon and 2xWilliams. Probably the right call but they are going to have to be busy on the buyout market. Reggie Bullock available
certainly have upgraded their starting 5, arguably one of the best going around now but taken a fair hit with the depth, they have 2 spots on the roster and a couple of exceptions available to them so they can make a couple of upgrades on the pine. As you said Reggie Bullock would be a good addition for some wing support, probably really need another decent big with big Al turning 60 soon and the Unicorn having the body of a 60yr old. Im not sure of too many bigs floating around that can bring decent value..... and if i hear anyone mention Cousins or Howard im going to puke.....

Jrue to Boston.

Rob Williams, Brogdon and Picks.

At least we can now stop hearing from Boston fans that Williams is the next coming of Jesus
I'm going to miss the timelord.

If we could've got Holiday without giving him up that would've been ideal.

They won’t be finished but that is as good as they probably could’ve hoped for a 33yo Dame

Sneaky chance the Warriors fall to a sub .500 team, that 1st rounder could be handy.

Miami gone from making the finals and looking at adding a top 10 player in the league

To

Losing depth and having the two biggest rivals in the conference add All NBA/All Star level talent in positions of need.

That is rough for them.
yes, allegedly everyone wants to go there yet the front office can't pull off any deals...... they want all the good players but only want to give up Lowry's large arse, I can't understand why the big fish keep swimming past to their two biggest competitors.....

Miami gone from making the finals and looking at adding a top 10 player in the league

To

Losing depth and having the two biggest rivals in the conference add All NBA/All Star level talent in positions of need.

That is rough for them.
On their own accord too.

They had it in the bag they don't want to pull the trigger for a big move like dame.

They'll still be up there this season but their future looks dull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jrue at the Celtics... not sure how I feel about this.

Boston would want to be hoping Pork can stay healthy, because they're awfully small without him. Could afford to take the chance when they had both Williams and a 37 year old Horford, both of whom have their own concerns, but now the margin for error is thin.

Surprised to hear that Blazers want to pair Ayton with Williams? Doesn't seem ideal, but guess we'll see. Surely Brogdon gets moved again, they'll probably get another pick for him.

I feel like Williams will stay at Portland and then be moved on.

Portland just want Williams to light a firecracker in Aytons ass. Williams contract is very easily moved when the time comes

I hate this trade for Celtics though. Too small and too reliant on Porzingis/Horford. When the matchups come in the playoffs not sure how they are going to go with Embiid on Porzingis and Giannis on Porzingis either. They needed to keep Robert Williams as that insurance. Feel like they could have held their ground for a bit longer and found a way to keep Williams and for example move Pritchard + Hauser on instead

Portland just want Williams to light a firecracker in Aytons ass. Williams contract is very easily moved when the time comes

I hate this trade for Celtics though. Too small and too reliant on Porzingis/Horford. When the matchups come in the playoffs not sure how they are going to go with Embiid on Porzingis and Giannis on Porzingis either. They needed to keep Robert Williams as that insurance. Feel like they could have held their ground for a bit longer and found a way to keep Williams and for example move Pritchard + Hauser on instead
Can see a call to Dwight being made as sad as that is...

No way Porz plays more > 65 games and with how deep they'll run in playoffs he'll need to play 85+. Horford goes ok against embiid doesnt he?

The buyout market will give them depth anyway. Usually 3-4 vets available at that time

On their own accord too.

They had it in the bag they don't want to pull the trigger for a big move like dame.

They'll still be up there this season but their future looks dull.
They should have just sent Bam in the trade. Bam is replaceable and then just go with Jimmy and Dame. Now they are ****ed.

Having Porzingis defend anything other than a lamp shade in the playoffs would have me worried.... we all remember what the clippers did to him a couple of years ago in that first round series, that was the series Luka pulled the player GM card and said it's time to #$8k him off.

Having Porzingis defend anything other than a lamp shade in the playoffs would have me worried.... we all remember what the clippers did to him a couple of years ago in that first round series, that was the series Luka pulled the player GM card and said it's time to #$8k him off.
That's unfair on the lamp shade, sure he tends to switch on and off at times, but he can still light it up when he needs to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back