Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

2 year deal for a 36 year old who said after game 7 he's going to retire? What??? Don't get me wrong I'm happy he re-signed but a 2 year deal is ridiculous.

Not sure how I feel about Dunleavy. Will probably play about 10 mins a game but is decent back-up for JR.
Hopefully second year is team option, Dunleavy will probably get 10-20 mins. Depends on if they wanna use him, Frye or shump for match ups.

Really hoping the demarcus cousims murmours are true. Great fit imo.

Strong interior presence, good rebounder and an improving shot. We have frye,j.r (assuming he signs), jefferson ,dunleavy and and kyrie who can spread the floor making loves offence less required.

demarcus would be a huge upgrade

Don't really rate him. We need a big who can actually defend. We have Love, TT and Frye, with Kaun a last resort. Not a lot of defense going on there.

I'm not seeing a huge need tbh, Lebron plays best when he plays at the 4. If we needed a stop we would have Thompson at centre with Lebron, Jr, Shump and RJ/Kyrie (rip Delly).
Just need a cheap big that can take mins during a long reg season. Rumours of Birdman don't excite me, rather a big that can hit an outside shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our team is
PG: Kyrie, Mo, Felder
SG: JR, Shump, McRae
SF: Lebron, RJ, Dunleavy
PF: Love, Frye, Jones
C: Thompson, Birdman, Kaun

Would have liked them to bring back Dahntay Jones, he was good at putting off corner shooters from the bench.. But ah well wouldn't have played much.

Hopefully we can dump Kaun on a team looking for an expiring and sign an NBA standard player instead

So our team is
PG: Kyrie, Mo, Felder
SG: JR, Shump, McRae
SF: Lebron, RJ, Dunleavy
PF: Love, Frye, Jones
C: Thompson, Birdman, Kaun

Would have liked them to bring back Dahntay Jones, he was good at putting off corner shooters from the bench.. But ah well wouldn't have played much.

Hopefully we can dump Kaun on a team looking for an expiring and sign an NBA standard player instead
Mo 33
JR 30
LeBron 31
RJ 36
Dunleavy 35
Frye 33
Jones 35
Andersen 38
Kaun 31

So 9 of the players on the current roster are over 30. We really went "all in" with this roster didn't we since LeBron came back.

Crazy stuff. Our long term future could be in trouble.

Mo 33
JR 30
LeBron 31
RJ 36
Dunleavy 35
Frye 33
Jones 35
Andersen 38
Kaun 31

So 9 of the players on the current roster are over 30. We really went "all in" with this roster didn't we since LeBron came back.

That's the way it goes. It's a win now mindset in the States.

McRae 23 points on 16-17 FT's with 5 turnovers and 3-15 from the field in 37 minutes
Felder 14, 3 and 5 with 3 steals on 4-11 shooting, 6-8 FT's in 27 minutes

Didn't see any highlights yet but not great shooting from either player. Good to have so many FT attempts though. Shows McRae's aggressiveness.

Mo 33
JR 30
LeBron 31
RJ 36
Dunleavy 35
Frye 33
Jones 35
Andersen 38
Kaun 31

Elite teams usually fill out their roster with veterans looking for a championship. The real problems start when your core is old; outside of LeBron you have Irving (24), Love (27) and Thompson (25). I expect Love to be traded sooner rather than later but that is a core that you can work with for the next five years.

Elite teams usually fill out their roster with veterans looking for a championship. The real problems start when your core is old; outside of LeBron you have Irving (24), Love (27) and Thompson (25). I expect Love to be traded sooner rather than later but that is a core that you can work with for the next five years.
Yeah true. All the old guys are replaceable apart from LBJ and he's only 31.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back