Climate Change Arguing

Remove this Banner Ad

Diesel is the new renewable!

Brain washing kids should be a criminal offence
Ffs its a totally remote site - without the wind power it would be 100% diesel.

now its about 55% diesel.

can i ask you a question?
Are you an artificial intelligence?

Seems to me you are binary - on/off, 1/0

You do realise that if the whole world can use renewables to LOWER our use of fossil fuels to 50% that will be a massive win.

you seem to have this strange concept in your head that unless renewables are powering 100% of everything 100% of the time its a massive fail and should not be done.

Strange thinking.

At some point we will solve the riddle of storage and we can either be 50% of the way there as far as generation is concerned - or by your ideals 0% of the way and with much higher carbon levels.

Ffs its a totally remote site - without the wind power it would be 100% diesel.

now its about 55% diesel.

can i ask you a question?
Are you an artificial intelligence?

Seems to me you are binary - on/off, 1/0

You do realise that if the whole world can use renewables to LOWER our use of fossil fuels to 50% that will be a massive win.

you seem to have this strange concept in your head that unless renewables are powering 100% of everything 100% of the time its a massive fail and should not be done.

Strange thinking.

At some point we will solve the riddle of storage and we can either be 50% of the way there as far as generation is concerned - or by your ideals 0% of the way and with much higher carbon levels.

I just find it bizarre that you are so freely conned by the false claim of Canberra’s 100% renewable energy.

I’m stunned you would represent diesel as a successful renewables story.

You presented these jurisdictions as a success being 14-70g per kWh. What’s been established is you are easily mislead or actively try and mislead others.

Then when the facts are presented you revert to a comfort position of being a “denier”. Just remember ignorance is not a defence.

Would you really like to follow Germany’s failed $1.5 trillion, 45 year failed program and deliver an outcome 10-15 times worse outcome for the environment.

Surely we should look to the countries that delivered 14-70g CO2 per kWh in the 80s? Alternatively we could all just live in denial.

I just find it bizarre that you are so freely conned by the false claim of Canberra’s 100% renewable energy.

I’m stunned you would represent diesel as a successful renewables story.

You presented these jurisdictions as a success being 14-70g per kWh. What’s been established is you are easily mislead or actively try and mislead others.

Then when the facts are presented you revert to a comfort position of being a “denier”. Just remember ignorance is not a defence.

Would you really like to follow Germany’s failed $1.5 trillion, 45 year failed program and deliver an outcome 10-15 times worse outcome for the environment.

Surely we should look to the countries that delivered 14-70g CO2 per kWh in the 80s? Alternatively we could all just live in denial.
Try again and tell me how 55% diesel isnt a win when compared to 100% diesel

try it without the all or nothing mentality

look at where coral bay is - with its isolation from the grid.

Last edited:
Try again and tell me how 55% diesel isnt a win when compared to 100% diesel

try it without the all or nothing mentality

look at where coral bay is - with its isolation from the grid.

Firstly it was presented by yourself as an example of a successful jurisdiction delivering 14-70g CO2 per kWh, that didn’t rely upon hydro or nuclear.

1) that is not the case
2) the township explained the last time I was up there, that the wind turbine is often laid down unserviceable. The maintenance guy drives up from Perth to fix it, which is an issue for CO2 itself and additional question marks over reliability
3) this is a boutique application for small populations and no industry

Something is better than nothing but pissing around the edges won’t offset the rise in CO2 and pollution from the rise of Africa, India and China.

It is remarkable that those calling “believe the science theory” are the same ones that “don’t believe the facts”.

It’s time for people to be honest with themselves

Firstly it was presented by yourself as an example of a successful jurisdiction delivering 14-70g CO2 per kWh, that didn’t rely upon hydro or nuclear.

1) that is not the case
2) the township explained the last time I was up there, that the wind turbine is often laid down unserviceable. The maintenance guy drives up from Perth to fix it, which is an issue for CO2 itself and additional question marks over reliability
3) this is a boutique application for small populations and no industry

Something is better than nothing but pissing around the edges won’t offset the rise in CO2 and pollution from the rise of Africa, India and China.

It is remarkable that those calling “believe the science theory” are the same ones that “don’t believe the facts”.

It’s time for people to be honest with themselves
Mate we start and do a bit here and a bit there and next thing you know its done.

You can say the turbines need fixing yet ignore the fact that the diesel plant needs servicing too.

every hour those turbines - and all the other turbines and solar plants and all the rest are producing power - a fossil fuel plant isnt.

and every hour they are producing power -the input is free.

Rooftop solar is a massive success on top of that.

Mate we start and do a bit here and a bit there and next thing you know its done.

You can say the turbines need fixing yet ignore the fact that the diesel plant needs servicing too.

every hour those turbines - and all the other turbines and solar plants and all the rest are producing power - a fossil fuel plant isnt.

Nice deflection from your initial assertion but anyway....

1) the issue isn’t the need for service but the need to drive from Perth has a CO2 impact.
2) add to that the need for dirty diesel as in this case the renewables don’t deliver 55% on the demand
3) if coal supports renewables (as true for 90% of our grid), fossil fuels are burning demand or not
3) no the input of renewables isn’t free unless you see a 3-5 times over capitalisation to cover unreliable renewables as free.
4) roof top solar runs at 20% efficiency and doesn’t produce energy when needed. Further the carcinogenic waste will be wonderful for our waterways.
5) frances’ CO2 emissions increased with the rise of renewables
6) Germany’s $1.5 trillion, 45 year here and there strategy will deliver 500g CO2 per kWh after shutting down their nuclear reactors.
7) Meanwhile the leaders in CO2 reduction delivered 14-70g CO2 per kWh with a better price, safer and more reliable energy in the 80s.

Working class Labor fights back?

I remember once a upon a time when the two things in life that mattered the most were:

1. You barracked for Collingwood
2. You vote for Labor

How the world has changed now with Labor pandering to the greens and the woke online left.

Otis group are the True Labor supporting working Aussies (and destroying copious Heathcote Shiraz and Coonawarra Cabs by the looks of it)

I could smell the choof coming out your spliff as your typed that.

You’re cooked. Peace

I remember once a upon a time when the two things in life that mattered the most were:

1. You barracked for Collingwood
2. You vote for Labor

How the world has changed now with Labor pandering to the greens and the woke online left.

Otis group are the True Labor supporting working Aussies (and destroying copious Heathcote Shiraz and Coonawarra Cabs by the looks of it)

The traditional working class have been abandoned and their party has become infested with effete tossers.

While you are sitting on your worm toilet, see if you can count how many vehicles you run, then get back to us.

The only answer I will accept is 'I'm so concerned about climate change I sold my cars and now walk/pedal to work.'

So, if you can't live a completely carbon neutral life, do nothing at all?

You're morally bankrupt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad if so mate, and apologies. I didn't read to far back into the thread for too much context..
My point was kinda like the worlds richest geezer thinks its so important that hes prepared to spend a significant portion of his wealth to combat it.

and then the nod to the rights usual mental gymnastics trying to downplay it when people that rich usually have their arses tongued so hard they can taste tomorrows breakfast - yet now because this guy takes a position they don't like, instead of lionising him for working so much harder and being so much smarter than everyone else - hes a *ing idiot all of a sudden.

i guess i didnt convey that complexity in that post but i thought my general posting history would have leant weight in that direction.

My point was kinda like the worlds richest geezer thinks its so important that hes prepared to spend a significant portion of his wealth to combat it.

and then the nod to the rights usual mental gymnastics trying to downplay it when people that rich usually have their arses tongued so hard they can taste tomorrows breakfast - yet now because this guy takes a position they don't like, instead of lionising him for working so much harder and being so much smarter than everyone else - hes a f*n idiot all of a sudden.

i guess i didnt convey that complexity in that post but i thought my general posting history would have leant weight in that direction.

Yes, I thought about your posting history when I read it, but as I say I didn't consider context and think I got you mixed up with someone else temporarily.

This one's on me mate.

If the article had have started with this paragraph, it would have saved me 90 seconds of my life...
View attachment 826916
No doubt you will if pushed provide the usual pathetic links to all sorts of half arsed denialist research papers like thats some kind of rebuttal.

OmG loOk aT thIs rSeArch paPer wRitteN by an AirCraft enGinNer ToteRly dispProving mmseaC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back