Society/Culture Climbing Uluru to be banned in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

How much has it cost Australian tax payers to keep up the expectations of local revenue now that the primary tourist attraction has been closed?
It's not closed.
There are no people climbing Uluru but the packages for camping stays, walks, talk, sunset / sunrise breakfasts etc are still operating.

I was there a few years ago and out of my group and two other groups, not one person climbed it.

If only there was a way for Aborigines to be responsible for their own financial security... hrmmmm.

I'm expected to believe that they would be happier sleeping out in the elements, catching all their food and living to a ripe old age of 30. Of course, I have never met an actual "aboriginal" who is even remotely close to being that stupid. This notion springs from an insane minority.

I'm expected to believe that they would be happier sleeping out in the elements, catching all their food and living to a ripe old age of 30. Of course, I have never met an actual "aboriginal" who is even remotely close to being that stupid. This notion springs from an insane minority.

I wonder how much it would cost to buy Uluru.

Just think, when Cook arrived the indigenous populations were missing the luxury of dying in a poor house in Georgian England!

And they have the nerve to be ungrateful to the English for bringing European civilisation to this desolate island!

For shame!

thicknesse philip account c03070 07.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have to find another venue to play the 60,001st annual Marngrook cup

Apparently the top of Uluru gives a mean return bounce back if you don’t catch the ball on the full

5-D9-B113-E-18-E6-477-B-B492-BA7-C152-EF2-C6.png

They chose, they can deal with the consequences. Hopefully not one more taxpayer cent is provided to try mitigate the self inflicted damage to local employment.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do you think the hoteliers and resort owners chose this outcome?

That is a good point, I was thinking more of indigenous businesses and indigenous staff (assuming that they were consulted by the elders who made the decision)

So you think tax dollars should be spent?

That is a good point, I was thinking more of indigenous businesses and indigenous staff (assuming that they were consulted by the elders who made the decision)

I guess however if the businesses invested knowing the owners of Uluru wanted to.stop it being climbed, they knew there.was a risk and should have planned accordingly as it should always have been.the owners decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back