Rumour Coaching Roundabout

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Probably should sticky this tread as there will be plenty of rumours in the next 3 months about this.

But:

Lyon to Carlton
B Scott to Saints

are both very strong on the rumour mill.

That still leaves North and Freo coachless for 2020...

Anyone heard any other ideas?

North ... Longmire
Sydney ... Dew
GC ... Ratten/Voss
St.Kilda ... Scott
Carlton ... Lyon
Fremantle ... Longmuir
Essendon ... Caracella

Then there is Hawthorn.
Clarkson has clearly stated it’s business as usual for him, he will not rebuild.
If the board decide that some form of rebuild is necessary, it could open the door for change at hawthorn.
Kennett is also an advocate for terms served and Clarkson would hardly be out of a job for long if he wished to continue coaching which would throw all the above predictions out the window ...

North ... Longmire
Sydney ... Dew
GC ... Ratten/Voss
St.Kilda ... Scott
Carlton ... Lyon
Fremantle ... Longmuir
Essendon ... Caracella

Then there is Hawthorn.
Clarkson has clearly stated it’s business as usual for him, he will not rebuild.
If the board decide that some form of rebuild is necessary, it could open the door for change at hawthorn.
Kennett is also an advocate for terms served and Clarkson would hardly be out of a job for long if he wished to continue coaching which would throw all the above predictions out the window ...
mmmm because clarko publicly stating that he's not leaving hawthorn and is committed to the rebuild is not enough to ward off people continually making BS up that he's leaving

You’ve worked hard for your life savings.
Don’t fritter them away gambling.
Relax and enjoy mate, the hawks have given supporters a reasonable run in recent times ...
fritter them away gambling would imply i would lose. Can't lose when you know the outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North ... Longmire
Sydney ... Dew
GC ... Ratten/Voss
St.Kilda ... Scott
Carlton ... Lyon
Fremantle ... Longmuir
Essendon ... Caracella

Do you think the bolded is a lock. Rhyce Shaw is putting forward a very good case for himself atm. He'll end up senior coach somewhere eventually so worth a try.

Do you think the bolded is a lock. Rhyce Shaw is putting forward a very good case for himself atm. He'll end up senior coach somewhere eventually so worth a try.

I have no info whatsoever DSD, just throwing things around a bit to see what might unfold.
North appear to be making a strong play for “North people”.
Rawlings is set to return to the footy department and some heavy North hitters are making no secret of the intent to lure Longmire.

Why would you appoint a relatively unknown list manager.
Lethlean loves the old boys network and it has been reported he and Scott have links ...
of all of Lethleans appointments, Gallagher is unknown agreed, but all of the appointments are solid
Ratten, Lade, Gubby, O'Shannesey and Batchelor. When Richo goes that'll be almost every dept head and assistant coach changed in a little over a year.

I know its popular to kick the bloke but he's been in the job just over a year and appears to be doing a decent job.

maybe worry about your own club who loves the old boy's network more than most other clubs combined, find it staggering to be taking best business practices from a Carlton fan considering the last 20 years.

for the record, I hope we go untried, but we'll be safe again and appoint another safe option like Richo

of all of Lethleans appointments, Gallagher is unknown agreed, but all of the appointments are solid
Ratten, Lade, Gubby, O'Shannesey and Batchelor. When Richo goes that'll be almost every dept head and assistant coach changed in a little over a year.

I know its popular to kick the bloke but he's been in the job just over a year and appears to be doing a decent job.

maybe worry about your own club who loves the old boy's network more than most other clubs combined, find it staggering to be taking best business practices from a Carlton fan considering the last 20 years.

for the record, I hope we go untried, but we'll be safe again and appoint another safe option like Richo

St.Kilda supporters really shouldn’t bring history or records to the table.
I’ll leave it at that ...

mmmm because clarko publicly stating that he's not leaving hawthorn and is committed to the rebuild is not enough to ward off people continually making BS up that he's leaving
Lol. How many times have we heard the 'im not going anywhere speech from players/coaches. I wouldn't be too surprised if he did leave. Alas i wouldnt be too surprised if he stayed either.

So if Lyon does indeed leave, who comes to freo? Any rumors in Victoria?

All we hear on our talk back radio are all the Italian/Croatian callers crying out for Sumich.,

I think I'd rather stick with Richo than get Brad Scott as coach.

So if Lyon does indeed leave, who comes to freo? Any rumors in Victoria?

All we hear on our talk back radio are all the Italian/Croatian callers crying out for Sumich.,

Scott Watters is a Freo boy and an ex-Saints coach, might be in with a shot.

The Beveridge to St.Kilda move interests me the most cause we could potentially have at the end of the year

Carlton
North
Saints
Essendon
Sydney (Longmire to North)
Fremantle (Lyon to Carlton) or Hawthorn (Clarkson to Carlton) if either rumour pans out
Bulldogs
Port maybe?

All coachless

The Beveridge to St.Kilda move interests me the most cause we could potentially have at the end of the year

Carlton
North
Saints
Essendon
Sydney (Longmire to North)
Fremantle (Lyon to Carlton) or Hawthorn (Clarkson to Carlton) if either rumour pans out
Bulldogs
Port maybe?

All coachless

Longmuir to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back