What the heck? Laidley interested in coaching Eagles AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right... they are different situations. Hollands is a young man in a professional sporting environment with all its supports, programs and education. Laidley was an individual dealing with gender dysphoria and it's associated impacts.
I don't disagree at all

But is she through it? Maybe we need more evidence if that is the case

Thanks for proving my points for me. You aren't interested in adressing anything that you can't (poorly attempt to) spin.

Where exactly is the activism board? You should go there...
Not even mild reprobation in your OP here…

Maybe looking to be knocked back and get yet another monster payout ?

Apart from being a media darling all of a sudden and all of the benefits that come with that (who cares about the victim, am i right?), what monster payout would that be?

So instead of going through the whole charade saying that there was no reason for her to be considered an AFLW coach, then trying to lie and make it about something else - why didn't you just be honest just say you are a bigot? Would have saved a lot of time.
I don't agree with Laidley just walking back into coaching because of the transgressions but agree that using cultural stuff/religion to be a bigot is pretty weak. Let people do what makes them happy, certainly not hurting anyone.

It’s a fair rap sheet, but I’m sure a lot of it was related to Dani’s state of mind a few years back dealing with gender dysphoria. Time to move on.
More likely to be the state of mind after the break up with said ex-girlfriend.

I've read a few shocking things on this thread, but the most shocking thing has been learning that Laidley was HEAD COACH at NMFC for SIX YEARS! I thought that was a typo until I checked Wikipedia. Thought it was a year or two, not six.

You have fingers ... Google it.

Sam Fisher: Heroin or cocaine importation. Time in the big house.

That said, I am pleased he is being given a chance at redemption.
I googled it. Google didn't mention current vfl work. Did you make it up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I googled it. Google didn't mention current vfl work. Did you make it up?
Google 'Sam Fisher assistant coach'

It's the first piece that pops up. Code sport/Herald Sun = paywall.

You can see the headline but it doesn't mention the club in said headline.

It says he has been appointed assistant coach while on bail.

You think it's unsafe to assume that untreated gender dysphoria was impacting Laidley's state of mind? I would think it's almost a certainty.

You and i have pretty different definitions of certainty then.

I would say its possible yes but anything much beyond that us outsiders are guessing.

Google 'Sam Fisher assistant coach'

It's the first piece that pops up. Code sport/Herald Sun = paywall.

You can see the headline but it doesn't mention the club in said headline.

It says he has been appointed assistant coach while on bail.
Or you could just tell them and put a stop to all this ******* around? 🤔

Incorrect. But like I said paywall.
How on earth does that prove my guess is incorrect? It's been reported by a paywalled site with no details. No other AFL news source has thought to tell the story. The VFL club hasn't come out and said "We welcome former St Kilda champion Sam Fisher to our club for 2024".
You don't seriously believe everything you read in the Herald Sun do you?

How on earth does that prove my guess is incorrect? It's been reported by a paywalled site with no details. No other AFL news source has thought to tell the story. The VFL club hasn't come out and said "We welcome former St Kilda champion Sam Fisher to our club for 2024".
You don't seriously believe everything you read in the Herald Sun do you?
Clearly I don't read the HUN or I would be able to tell you which club. You suggested it was a different Sam Fisher. The Sam Fisher being reported on is Ex-St Kilda player and drug trafficker Sam Fisher....

Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant. This is a rumours thread after all.... 😎

Danni Laidley is the best woman for the job hands down . I can't believe how the WAFL is treating this strong independent woman like this . Name me a more qualified woman ? Especially one that has coached and played the men's game at the highest level . I will never support the WAFL until they start supporting trans rights .

Danni Laidley is the best woman for the job hands down . I can't believe how the WAFL is treating this strong independent woman like this . Name me a more qualified woman ? Especially one that has coached and played the men's game at the highest level . I will never support the WAFL until they start supporting trans rights .
Why is Dani the best option?

Trans rights have zero to do with someones ability to coach.

I'd say Dani is finally getting to a good place, but she hasn't coached in a decade.

The game has changed!

I'd also go as far as saying, that as Dani has finally got a bit of order and stability in her life, the last thing she'd need right now would be the media spotlight (and Perth is a goldfish bowl - I lived there) after just moving back to Scarborough in WA.

Maybe too much too soon - I'd hate to see the good place she is in now, be jeopardised by Media / Coaching pressure, and her to spiral off course again.

Honestly, it's people like you who set back equality.

Can you actually read what you are writing?

" Name me a more qualified woman" - why does the next WCE coach have to be female?

"If AFLW don't support 0.017% of Australians, I'm boycotting the entire sport" - who gave you the right to speak for all those people?

How on earth does that help Trans peeps get acceptance and equality?

By breaking employment laws to appoint someone just because they identify as Transgender? Really?

If WCE think Dani Laidley is the best coach - she will get the job.

Being Trans, does not and should not be a factor in a positive or negative way to gaining employment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back