What the heck? Laidley interested in coaching Eagles AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really torn on the one. There was some serious charges involved.

I believe in rehabilitation and second chances, but there would be a lot of evidence to show that she has changed and is remorseful. Not like Carey, Mathews, Hird, Jobe, Thomson. It's a disgrace that any of them were allowed back inti the AFL industry while showing no remorse for their actions.
wtf has Hird or Jobe got to do with this?

Who's spreading misinformation?

Laidley plead guilty to stalking, end of story. Laidley was also found without doubt to have meth on their person when arrested. That's also beyond doubt.

Just because the judge was extremely leniant, didn't allow the victim impact statement to be read in court (shameful) and put Laidley into a diversion program and a good behaviour, suspended sentance - doesn't change the truth and what happened.

Laidley's rap sheet that i've posted numerous times in this thread are immutable facts.
Yes, you have posted numerous times in this thread. Seems you just want compliance from all posters now.

Did you object to the Blues nabbing Hollands in the recent trade period?

S
I think there would need to be some serious extenuating circumstances and proof of rehabilitation for anyone with her record to be employed by a sporting team. But who knows with the AFL industry, just depends she she's still mates with.
Sam Fisher says hello! Appointed as an assistant in the VFL.

seems like this thread is just a vehicle for certain people to be transphobes rather than discussion on whether laidley would be suitable for aflw coaching
Oh please, give it a rest. Laidley did some pretty ordinary things which as documented, were proven to be fact. Dosent deserve to coach an AFLW side period. Stop making out that that it’s transphobic

Oh please, give it a rest. Laidley did some pretty ordinary things which as documented, were proven to be fact. Dosent deserve to coach an AFLW side period. Stop making out that that it’s transphobic
i didnt say that opposing laidley's appointment as an aflw coach was a transphobic act in of itself. you should read peoples posts before responding

It’s a fair rap sheet, but I’m sure a lot of it was related to Dani’s state of mind a few years back dealing with gender dysphoria. Time to move on.

You dont know that and its a pretty unsafe assumption to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually didn't realize Laidley had been at Carlton as recently as 2015. Hasn't been out of the game as long as I'd thought. Still - there should be reasonable concern over some of the allegations put towards Laidley.

Yes, you have posted numerous times in this thread. Seems you just want compliance from all posters now.

Did you object to the Blues nabbing Hollands in the recent trade period?

When someone claims that misinformation is being spread and tries to water down or lie about Laidley's history, I reckon it's fairly relevant to correct those mistruths. There's nothing to comply to; the facts are the facts.

Why change the subject to Hollands? Do you think putting whataboutisms forward is a good faith, positive conversation tactic? It's normally what people do when they are unhappy that people are discussing something that doesn't suit their agenda or narrative.

Is Elijah Hollands speaking to the media about wanting to be in charge of an AFLW side? Does he have a history of stalking, threatening murder upon and harassing women? In what way whatsoever is Hollands relevant here? I'll wait...

Poor characters. Drug cheats who were given jobs and looked after by the football industry because they are part of the boys club.
Convicted of nothing, as far as looked after, having a Brownlow taken off you is hardly favourable treatment.
Nor is being hounded into a mental health facility under suicide watch.
These guys have done nothing wrong, they certainly weren't found guilty of stalking and harassment of a female.
If anyone's been given favourable treatment, it's Laidley. Paraded around like some trophy at AFL functions and now a narrative being pushed via media into an AFL role sooner rather than later.
There is an absolute gulf of difference in behaviour between these people

When someone claims that misinformation is being spread and tries to water down or lie about Laidley's history, I reckon it's fairly relevant to correct those mistruths. There's nothing to comply to; the facts are the facts.

Why change the subject to Hollands? Do you think putting whataboutisms forward is a good faith, positive conversation tactic? It's normally what people do when they are unhappy that people are discussing something that doesn't suit their agenda or narrative.

Is Elijah Hollands speaking to the media about wanting to be in charge of an AFLW side? Does he have a history of stalking, threatening murder upon and harassing women? In what way whatsoever is Hollands relevant here? I'll wait...
You brought up Laidley’s drug possession as one reason for her not being employed in the AFLW.

Hollands was very recently in the news for drug possession.

Just trying to gauge if drug possession is only a strike against Laidley, or maybe you can direct me to a post where you’ve criticised Carlton’s recruitment of Hollands for the same reason.

You brought up Laidley’s drug possession as one reason for her not being employed in the AFLW.

Just trying to gauge if drug possession is only a strike against Laidley, or maybe you can direct me to a post where you’ve criticised Carlton’s recruitment of Hollands for the same reason.
Hollands had cocaine, Laidley had meth. These are two very different situations, even if the rigidity of the law doesn't make it seem so.

It's very telling that you've chosen to respond to only one small part of my post. Why ignore the rest of it? Doesn't suit? C'mon, address all of my points.

But yes, that's right. ONE of the reasons. Did you miss the others? I've posted them several times as you laboured the point on... Pretty serious rap sheet that you seem hell bent on ignoring. I could post it again if you'd like?

Again I'll ask; what does Laidley (Former AFL coach, putting themself up for an AFLW coaching job) have to do with Hollands (Professional AFL athlete) and how are they in any way relevant to each other? Do you not see the difference between someone who chases around a ball and is paid to be in shape compared to someone who is angling to be in charge of young women in a professional position of authority?

At least feign the position of being honest (or ignorant) if you're going to try and pretend to be interested in having a genuine discussion...

It's very telling that you've chosen to respond to only one small part of my post. Why ignore the rest of it? Doesn't suit? C'mon, address all of my points.

But yes, that's right. ONE of the reasons. Did you miss the others? I've posted them several times as you laboured the point on... Pretty serious rap sheet that you seem hell bent on ignoring. I could post it again if you'd like?

Again I'll ask; what does Laidley (Former AFL coach, putting themself up for an AFLW coaching job) have to do with Hollands (Professional AFL athlete) and how are they in any way relevant to each other? Do you not see the difference between someone who chases around a ball and is paid to be in shape compared to someone who is angling to be in charge of young women in a professional position of authority?

At least feign the position of being honest (or ignorant) if you're going to try and pretend to be interested in having a genuine discussion...
I havent chosen to address all your points because I dont think you are arguing in good faith. Evidence of good faith could be shown by having a stance on Hollands drug possession that is equivalent to your stance on Laidley's drugh possession. If not you're a hypocrite.

I actually didn't realize Laidley had been at Carlton as recently as 2015. Hasn't been out of the game as long as I'd thought. Still - there should be reasonable concern over some of the allegations put towards Laidley.

it’s still nearly a decade.

if laidley wants to get in to a coaching role at afl/w level, needs to work back to it, that means assistant / development role for a couple of seasons.

when Hird was raised as a possibility for the bombers role last year. The sane heads in the room laughed and for good reason.

I havent chosen to address all your points because I dont think you are arguing in good faith. Evidence of good faith could be shown by having a stance on Hollands drug possession that is equivalent to your stance on Laidley's drugh possession. If not you're a hypocrite.

Nice try...

You're trying to compare apples and oranges and then pretending like I'm the one not arguing in good faith and being a hypocrite?

LOL

Hollands had cocaine, Laidley had meth. These are two very different situations, even if the rigidity of the law doesn't make it seem so.
You are right... they are different situations. Hollands is a young man in a professional sporting environment with all its supports, programs and education. Laidley was an individual dealing with gender dysphoria and it's associated impacts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back