News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Clarko a call either way and see if he wants to help in any way. If he has a great plan for us, i don't see why not. Dewy been fantastic character and pretty dog if we got rid of him.

But i've listened to Xavier Ellis & Dylan Buckley's podcast and when they have Hawk players on, they love Clarko and how he goes about it. One of the greatest coaches ever and if there is a chance we could land him why not? Hawks have one of the shittest list at the moment and we have potential gold nuggets everywhere.

Give Clarko a call either way and see if he wants to help in any way. If he has a great plan for us, i don't see why not. Dewy been fantastic character and pretty dog if we got rid of him.

But i've listened to Xavier Ellis & Dylan Buckley's podcast and when they have Hawk players on, they love Clarko and how he goes about it. One of the greatest coaches ever and if there is a chance we could land him why not? Hawks have one of the shittest list at the moment and we have potential gold nuggets everywhere.
Senior Assistant Coach?

I came on here to see if any Suns posters were discussing Clarkson as an future coach and this was the first post I read.

Was thinking that surely if Dew did not work out the Suns would have to approach the best and that is Clarkson.

Timing is just about perfect for Clarko to move on and Mitchel to take over there.

Looking in there is so much talent at the Suns you just need a gun coach to push andl lead that playing group.

Is this the same Clarko that just lost to North Melbourne?

Where is this suggestion coming from?
I think the cattle at Hawthorn is the issue over their coaching. They held on for too long chasing premierships and this is what they have been left with.

The man is a 4 time premiership coach. He could do wonders with an up and coming list like ours.

That is not to say I am for sacking Dew, but if there is little improvement between now and year's end, the question needs to be asked if he will ever get the best out of the list.

It people don't want clarkson then Ross Lyon. Ross Lyon did not lost to any team last year. :)

Last edited:
The good thing about the coaching/dew debate is that there's been more than once instance recently of coaches being very much under the pump just prior to a surge in their teams performance (Hardwick, Goodwin, even Hinkley). So, heap the pressure on and hopefully/logically our team takes that next big step!

Don't mention the coaches that took on the pressure, wilted and lost their jobs :)

Talk about the review at Carlton. Look at the comparison (Dew had a year and a half more yet Teague has more wins) although we have a younger list

Teague- 17 wins 23 losses
Dew- 16 wins 55 losses 1 draw

Talk about the review at Carlton. Look at the comparison (Dew had a year and a half more yet Teague has more wins) although we have a younger list

Carlton have spent big money on recruits and are currently below us on the ladder despite having an older and supposedly more developed list. Carlton have been "building" for years, they are known to get impatient

Dew may have had longer, but we totally bottomed out only two years ago, been rebuilding for 3.

Carlton totally bottomed out say 5-6 years ago and have been rebuilding for the better part of a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well wear an American flag suit into Vietnam
There has been foretold a time when a man from the a Great Southern Land of poor skin and unwrinkled brow would come amongst us.His feathers black with white ruffled and fallen he shall bring the clans of White and the men of York together in a union of brotherly love.And men and women will weep in open and the wolves of hatred will gnash their teeth and snarl in cold caves of remorse
Sandytoes verse1:22.The Big Book of Spooky Stuff

There has been foretold a time when a man from the a Great Southern Land of poor skin and unwrinkled brow would come amongst us.His feathers black with white ruffled and fallen he shall bring the clans of White and the men of York together in a union of brotherly love.And men and women will weep in open and the wolves of hatred will gnash their teeth and snarl in cold caves of remorse

This sounds horrifying, you should sell the movie rights off to Frank Darabont

Im not sure if I need to more or less drunk to fully understand this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back