Game Day Cockledivers v Bloodstained Angels - 18 June @ 1:45 PM @ Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeney was a lot better today than in recent weeks which is good

Mills and Parker stepped up in the last but not much else around them

Warner, Rowbottom, McInerney (I can forgive with the injury), Blakey and Gulden down.

Blakey under 200m gained for the game says a lot about our drive from half back and probably why our movement was slow and poor.

Florrent to the mids doesn't work. Half back or bust

Don't deserve to. A side playing like that making the 8 is a blight on the competition. Same s**t every year but Oh ! We are rebuilding ! World ****ing trade centre got rebuilt in 2 years. This will be the longest rebuild in history. See you in 72 years.
I mean I'd prefer where we are than say, Hawthorn (who started rebuilding at basically the same time).

Don't deserve to. A side playing like that making the 8 is a blight on the competition. Same s**t every year but Oh ! We are rebuilding ! World ****ing trade centre got rebuilt in 2 years. This will be the longest rebuild in history. See you in 72 years.

Wildly inaccurate and overdramatic as always, but you do you. It pays to remember that we’re a win outside top 4 however…

Mills, Heeney & Reid, McInerney all decent. Everyone else was average to poor.

The bye always throws up strange results so not panic stations yet but either way I think we're going to have plenty of ups and downs for a bit longer with a young list.

I've said all along 2023 is when we'll be a serious threat and I'm sticking with that.

8 goals from Reid, McDonald & Papley against Dees.
ZERO today. Says it all.
Says more about our delivery forward imo. Reid and McDonald in particular did really well up the ground
Where are all those extolling Ladhams ahead of Ruck Jesus?
To be fair, no one, even the Ladhams haters were expecting that from him today

shouldn't even be top 8. Side has a soft underbelly. Bloods culture my ****ing arse.
Calm down...not one team has been great this year. Even Melbourne weren't that great imo even with their start to the season. Been s**t today but we are top 8 imo. Today has been so disappointing but I think it would be silly to write the team off at this stage.

Florent very quiet today. Wicks lacks composure. Lloyd and Ladhams gave away 2 goals each to Port. But to be fair to those mentioned, the majority of the team was ordinary. McCartains ok, Heeney had some good moments, Reid clunked some marks.

Let's see how the reserves play tomorrow. But on today's performance, I'd be thinking of giving Campbell a run in the midfield for Florent, Fox for Lloyd, Hickey for Ladhams and Ronke for Wicks.

Says more about our delivery forward imo. Reid and McDonald in particular did really well up the ground

To be fair, no one, even the Ladhams haters were expecting that from him today

No-one is a Ladhams hater to my knowledge. Pete had a mare today and he is better than that.

I've been thinking similarly Tedeski and begun typing a post against Richmond in the 2nd Quarter suggesting perhaps the Swans should not to renew Buddy's contract before he turned around and kicked 5 goals.

It's a real conundrum what to do with Buddy as he can turn a game when he is "on" and he is a superstar of the game, yet will it be another situation of a player going on a year too long?
Well that is my real fear. This year doesn't matter really because we are still developing but next year we need to take that step & Buddy won't be the reason we have a successful finals campaign. It will have to be the youngsters.
I would in no way sign him & save the money for McDonald etc.
Go after Brayshaw from Melbourne. He wants to play midfield & we want someone who can win it in the middle.
He is gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one is a Ladhams hater to my knowledge. Pete had a mare today and he is better than that.
If you told me before the game Ladhams was going to be spanked by a mid-season draftee, a part time ruck, give up 2 goals from brain fades and get suspended I'd have had to pinch myself

5 games in the reserves at least for me. Make him earn it back

Florent very quiet today. Wicks lacks composure. Lloyd and Ladhams gave away 2 goals each to Port. But to be fair to those mentioned, the majority of the team was ordinary. McCartains ok, Heeney had some good moments, Reid clunked some marks.

Let's see how the reserves play tomorrow. But on today's performance, I'd be thinking of giving Campbell a run in the midfield for Florent, Fox for Lloyd, Hickey for Ladhams and Ronke for Wicks.
No good playing Campbell if our problem is not getting enough ball and clearances. Though agree with the rest. If Campbell was to play off HB in place of Florent or Lloyd though, makes more sense. He can pick a route out with his kicking.

Second half of the first quarter and third quarter is where it was lost. We won the second and fourth quarters.
They were two players down the whole match as well Masey.
One of the poorest games I've seen along with the finals against Cats & Giants & Gold Coast games.
We are a fringe finals team & today proved it.
Time to make hard calls on players.
I think the one JPK took care of itself.
If it's marketing we are after from Buddy, bring him our pre game & at half time to do wonderful tricks with the ball & pay him $1M a year to do it. At least it won't be in the cap.

He wanted to go

Cos he wanted to play key defence full time which we weren't giving him... and then we wondered why his form was fluctuating.

Ironically he couldn't settle in defence because we wanted him in the ruck - then we traded him to sort our ruck problem. If we'd kept him and found another way to get Hickey we'd be way better off.

Didn't get goals but I really liked McDonald's work up the ground today. Took some good marks, competed hard and really showed what a good team mate he is when he was the only one (from the replay) that got around Ladhams after his idiocy

Cos he wanted to play key defence full time which we weren't giving him... and then we wondered why his form was fluctuating.

Ironically he couldn't settle in defence because we wanted him in the ruck - then we traded him to sort our ruck problem. If we'd kept him and found another way to get Hickey we'd be way better off.
Reckon we get P.Mac if we keep Aliir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back