Preview Port Adelaide V Sydney Swans - Saturday 18 June - 01:45 PM - Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point but Mills started down back and it definitely improved his overall game. Now, when we're in a pinch (like the Richmond game) we have the option to put him down back to steady the ship. Provided Campbell still completes sessions at training and preseason with the mids I'm happy for him to begin his career down back.

What I don't like is if we have a disproportionate amount of youth being developed over experienced players when we are theoretically striving to win the premiership THIS year.

The aim is to win the damn thing and I believe Fox deserves his spot in the backline over Campbell as he makes us a better side for 2022.
Both named in the 2s

Campbell is in Adelaide with the seniors as the travelling emergency, so no post-match, late night clubbing in the city of churches for Braeden tomorrow night!
Foxy was named in the emergencies but don't know if he travelled. If they don't play they can make it back for the Sunday arvo game.

I'm reliably informed the Port Adelaide faithful have snipers positioned on the parameters of Hinkley's West Beach home, just waiting for the signal should Port lose one more game this year.

Don't give us ideas 😆

Not sure this comparison works given the significant difference in goals + marks per game. Wicks is also averaging more frees against than tackles this season, which is quite damning given his role in the team.

I rate Wicks overall and definitely think he can be best 22, but on form he probably shouldn't be in the team right now. But I trust the coaching staff's opinions on players more than my own soooo 🤷
The comparison was not say that Wicks is as good Hayward, but to show that both are vital roles with low numbers. Regardless of what a lot on this board thinks, Haywards role is pivotal. Wicks, when compared to Hayward is doing alright... given the difference in preseasons and experience.

But the question remains... who are you putting in to replace Wicks that can produce better?

As long as that question remains unanswered, Wicks plays...

The most damning stat there is free kicks: Wicks gives away 7 to 1 gained. Seriously undisciplined, needs to get a lot smarter.
The question remains, who can we bring in that performs better?

If the answer is no-one, then he stays...

So it seems that Wicks is going to play every match this year.
His form couldn't get any worse than it's been the past few weeks and he still continues to be selected.
Surely there must be some players in the reserves who are worthy of being picked over him.

Every match this year... except for the month of games he missed because he was being kept in the reserves.

I haven't loved his form but he was pretty good against Melbourne for his role. He was one of only four players to register 20+ pressure acts last game which I feel the coaches would've found hard to ignore when reviewing his performance.
I worded my comment incorrectly. It was meant to read that he is obviously going to play every game for the remainder of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back