AFLW Autopsy 2023 Season 8 Round 06 - Port Adelaide v Swans Saturday 7 Oct 5:05 pm @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

With 18 possessions and 1.2, I think that was Molloy's best game for us. I also think it was CHamilton's best for the year as well. I'm glad my pre match post fired them up 🤣

Heads and McEvoy were excellent. Heads is developing into an A grader. Strong overhead, clean below the knees and a lovely kick.

Hurley, Gardiner and Morphett strong as well. Morphett is playing so well. Up against a really good young ruck, she won the hitouts and beat her around the park. Her ability at ground level and clean disposals effectively gives us an extra mid. I think she is one of the best kicks in our squad, only bettered by Molloy.

Finally, is there a better sight than Ham bursting away from a pack in AFLW? Can see why she went number 1 and she will only get better. Just needs an injury free run.

All up, great team effort, with contributions from everyone.

Just got to watch this now..

One of the best team performances I've seen from them thus far, imo. Just a really entertaining watch.
First away win and will love watching their confidence build after 2023ing that 2022 match against Port.

I'm personally loving this... watching the AFLW Bloods & getting more red & white goodness after Sept. :handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes:
PORT ADELAIDE v SYDNEY

10 Laura Gardiner (SYD)
8 Abbey Dowrick (PORT)
5 Ally Morphett (SYD)
5 Chloe Molloy (SYD)
1 Lucy McEvoy (SYD)
1 Erin Phillips (PORT)
Gardiner an absolute GUN.
So much enjoyed the second of the back to back goals. Ally gets the tap to Chloe who handpasses it to ALLY??? streaming past who drives it to full forward where Bella draws the free and nails the goal. Pretty to watch.

With 18 possessions and 1.2, I think that was Molloy's best game for us. I also think it was CHamilton's best for the year as well. I'm glad my pre match post fired them up 🤣

Heads and McEvoy were excellent. Heads is developing into an A grader. Strong overhead, clean below the knees and a lovely kick.

Hurley, Gardiner and Morphett strong as well. Morphett is playing so well. Up against a really good young ruck, she won the hitouts and beat her around the park. Her ability at ground level and clean disposals effectively gives us an extra mid. I think she is one of the best kicks in our squad, only bettered by Molloy.

Finally, is there a better sight than Ham bursting away from a pack in AFLW? Can see why she went number 1 and she will only get better. Just needs an injury free run.

All up, great team effort, with contributions from everyone.

I don't know about the stats but I reckon Molloy's best game was v GWS. She put us on her back and dragged us over the line for our first ever win by force of will. The best part is that she's been consistent, maybe having one game where she was a bit quieter.

I don't know about the stats but I reckon Molloy's best game was v GWS. She put us on her back and dragged us over the line for our first ever win by force of will. The best part is that she's been consistent, maybe having one game where she was a bit quieter.
I remember that GWS game and I think she was relatively well held up until when she kicked that spectacular goal goal with the outside of her boot. I liked her game on the weekend as I felt it was more of a four quarter effort. Regardless, she has been an excellent recruit, along with Gardiner and McEvoy.

They have indeed all been fantastic recruits. Moy is a joy to watch. Gardiner has positively been a revelation. And what impresses me about McEvoy is her composure. The other great recruits have been the Irish players: Kennedy is a beast and O'Sullivan has had an excellent start to her footy career.
Kennedy playing a lot like her namesake. Never a backward step. Be an absolute GUN when she learns the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back