AFLW Autopsy 2023 season 8 Semi Final Crows v Swans Saturday 18 Nov, 7:15pm, Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Where has Smith been playing lately? Ditto Mitchell. Somehow, except when they're rucking, I haven't been noticing them very much, which leads me to think that they haven't made much impact.
I think Mitchell has been playing almost exclusively as a tall defender, and has been doing ok. Someone will say that she’s been doing some relief ruck work - but if she has it’s been scarce.

Smith has been relieving Hamilton in the ruck, and I agree that her impact in recent weeks hasn’t been great. Indeed, I’m struggling to recall her being a forward line target in any recent games. Molloy, Hamilton (Cy) and Privitelli seem to have dominated the forward targeting, with a little Ham thrown in now and then.

It would be helpful if Smith could stand up and have her best game of the season.

I think we will start with McEvoy down back. She is our minister of defence, the calm brains of our backline. Moving her to play as a forward straight up would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. However, I'm sure Gowan won't hesitate to swing her up front if required.

Losing Priv is a big loss. She has sticky hands and is our main aerial threat in front of goals. We will really need Smith and Lexi to step up. Both don't pose the same marking threat but if they can crash packs and bring the ball to ground, I'm fully confident that Molloy, Cynthia and our mids pushing forward (especially Hurley) can capitalise.

PRE-GAME MEET UP
Sydney Swans members and fans are invited to attend a pre-game meet up at the Norwood Hotel in the Front Bar (Finn McCool’s) ahead of the match. With the Norwood Hotel a short stroll to the ground, have a drink (cash bar) and pre-game snack while meeting fellow supporters to calm the nerves before heading to the big game. Learn more in the Finals Hub.

Let's go BLOODS!!!
Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on best man duties at a wedding on Saturday so won't be able to watch this one live :(

Who will be Tanya Kennedy's next scalp? I haven't seen any of the Crows games but I'm assuming they'll have more weapons to contend with in the midfield than the Suns did?
I hope the best man duties go well
images

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon very late, have been going through some life things, but keeping one eye out on their season.

Barely know any players, time to become a actual supporter,

Up the bloods!

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon very late, have been going through some life things, but keeping one eye out on their season.

Barely know any players, time to become a actual supporter,

Up the bloods!
I forgot that my profile was Keays, hope that a moment like that is repeated again in our favour hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back