AFLW Autopsy 2023 Season 8 Round 06 - Port Adelaide v Swans Saturday 7 Oct 5:05 pm @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide (14th) v Swans (13th)

Two players i would like to see have good games against Port are Cynthia Hamilton and Molloy. Both were quiet in our last outing. Had they been able to get into the game, we would've accounted for the Blues.

i think it's really time that Cynthia plays a cracker. She has a bit of a Heeney vibe to her this year. Supremely talented but just kinda lurking around half forward, struggling to get into the game. I am hoping she can get really involved and influence the game.

I think Molloy has added some star factor and she has kicked some rippers this year. But she's so heavily tagged and I think is struggling to really dominate. Maybe some stints one out of the goal square will give Port something to think about.

Two players i would like to see have good games against Port are Cynthia Hamilton and Molloy. Both were quiet in our last outing. Had they been able to get into the game, we would've accounted for the Blues.

i think it's really time that Cynthia plays a cracker. She has a bit of a Heeney vibe to her this year. Supremely talented but just kinda lurking around half forward, struggling to get into the game. I am hoping she can get really involved and influence the game.

I think Molloy has added some star factor and she has kicked some rippers this year. But she's so heavily tagged and I think is struggling to really dominate. Maybe some stints one out of the goal square will give Port something to think about.
Molloy needs more support but we're not mature enough as a team to give her enough. In the meantime she's just doing her job and playing out of her skin and by far our best player on the park.

That's where our second year players like Hurley, Ham and C Hamilton need to step up.
I'm not expecting much from Ham this year, she's just not had enough training and match time with her injuries. But the other two definitely.

Out: Lochland (knee, because of travel and saving her for next week), O'Sullivan (omitted)
In: Anthony, Mitchell

As we prepare to face Port Adelaide, assistant coach Tanya Hetherington has provided insight into team preparations.

I'm going to preface this comment by saying I don't know AFLW teams well enough to do a deep dive on match ups for specific opponents but:

I think having Smith, Morphett, Lexi and Mitchell in the side is sacrificing a bit of agility and speed for height, which I feel is not as valuable in the women's game. I've really enjoyed watching O'Sullivan play and feel she is a bit stiff getting dropped this week.

I'm going to preface this comment by saying I don't know AFLW teams well enough to do a deep dive on match ups for specific opponents but:

I think having Smith, Morphett, Lexi and Mitchell in the side is sacrificing a bit of agility and speed for height, which I feel is not as valuable in the women's game. I've really enjoyed watching O'Sullivan play and feel she is a bit stiff getting dropped this week.
agree re O'Sullivan

I saw the last bit of Adelaide-Melbourne and it was good, tough footy.

Is our match not being streamed in NSW? Bloody annoying if that is the case because I don't have TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the talk of how much of a star Hamm was going to be, seen very little to suggest she will anything more than just a player. I know there are probably fitness issues because of injuries etc. but looks a long way off it.
Has to be the injury issues because she was great last season.

Finally, got my stream sorted (in NSW). Glad Hamilton got that goal. Ham has serious goalkicking yips. That's not the first terrible shank for goal she's had this season in her couple of games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back