AFLW Autopsy 2023 season 8 1st Elimination final GCS v Swans 11 Nov 7:15 pm, Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ever get a replay of the Gardiner ‘goal’? Few replays cut short of her running into it.. wonder why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a massive fan of booing but little kids standing at the fence booing at the players is great to see. They're gonna grow up caring about their AFLW side.
Is it really great to see? Especially from a swans supporter perspective..

Can still care about a team without booing the opposition..

Is it really great to see? Especially from a swans supporter perspective..

Can still care about a team without booing the opposition..
It was children, so yes. I'd expect better from adults. Kids aren't perfect and providing they weren't hurling personal or bigoted sledges over the fence, then I think it's a great foundation to see the passion and interest is there already. Teaching young boys what to do and what not to do in public spaces is (unfortunately) much easier work than trying to break an inherent bias against the opposite sex that a lot of men grow up with.

Congrats, your girls were fantastic tonight, exciting with ball in hand and manic when defending. Finished the game with 106 tackles and four players with 10 or more.

Special mention to your back six, they held up very well in the final quarter when the Suns dominated territory and Tarrant's marking was sensational.

All the best next week, you'll need to be that manic in defense again against one of the best offensive teams, and take every opportunity in your forward 50, but I hope you play well.

I've enjoyed watching your team this season.

Speaking of crowd behaviour, Chloe's goal celebration back at the guy who sledged her was hilarious. You don't see that in the men's game. Apart from Papley perhaps she's the most watchable Swan men's or women's.

Repeating myself from last week, this team is so much fun to watch. Love how they take the game on, their run and chase, the spread of skills, the combo of older heads and young stars. Montana Ham was awesome today, she's a player who can do it all. Great team effort, everyone played a role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back