Coldplay in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note, Good to see Radiohead rewarding there long time fans by ignoring their 2 best and most popular albums on their current tour. I'm not going so I don't care but the only reason they are in their current position of self indulgence is because of The Bends and Ok Computer. So to be so pompous and up themselves to not recognise the most important part of their career is a arrogant move.

If I was to shell out the funds, I would want a good range of songs encompassing their career. Coldplay style.

I'm sure the Radiohead intelligence squad would howl me down with witty comebacks, but if I was to go, I wanna hear Karma Police and High n Dry etc.

On a side note, Good to see Radiohead rewarding there long time fans by ignoring their 2 best and most popular albums on their current tour. I'm not going so I don't care but the only reason they are in their current position of self indulgence is because of The Bends and Ok Computer. So to be so pompous and up themselves to not recognise the most important part of their career is a arrogant move.

If I was to shell out the funds, I would want a good range of songs encompassing their career. Coldplay style.

I'm sure the Radiohead intelligence squad would howl me down with witty comebacks, but if I was to go, I wanna hear Karma Police and High n Dry etc.

Coldplay got big with Parachutes. How many songs do they play from that album? One

Mind blowing. Words. There are none.

IMG_2974.jpg

That is just ignorant. Based on the set lists posted online, Coldplay played 10 songs from their latest release in Melbourne as part of a 21 song set - 10! Radiohead are playing 5 or 6 from their latest release (Sydney shows) as part of a 24 song set. I think you are just getting confused because all Coldplay songs pretty much sound the same so it is hard to pick up what era they are from :D

I agree 100%. However, I dont think Coldplay have the musical depth of talent in their band to pull of changes in style like Radiohead. Lets face it... Radiohead have a couple of musical geniuses in their ranks, where as Coldplay just seem to have solid (bordering on decent) musicians.

I think Coldplay will be around for a long time, but will keep pumping out the commercial friendly sounds that have got them where they are today.

It's not like they HAVE to change. U2 have shown its possible to release boring generic radio songs for more than a decade now, and they've remained 'big'.

There is massive market for rolling out the same stuff over and over. The Rolling Stones are still doing it 50 years after the fact and noone begrudges them. For every Radiohead fan who thinks they are awesome for constantly changing another wants to hear an OK Computer tour.

Mind blowing. Words. There are none.

IMG_2974.jpg
I'm in there somewhere.

Not a big one for concerts but went along in GA-A. Highlight for the night was In My Place. Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha you watch sunrise.

Well played!

I went to the second Sydney show last night - I dont mind some of thier songs, so not a huge fan but had heard about the 'show' they put on. It was pretty amazing - the whole stage set up, playing at the smaller stage for the first encore, the wristbands, the confetti, the balls............a pretty impressive production

In Brisbane, they played Airbag, Paranoid Android, Climbing Up the Walls and Street Spirit off the Bends. Would I have loved to see more from those albums? Of course but there is so much quality on all the albums that it's impossible to fit them all in. You also have to remember, they have probably thrashed some of that stuff over the years that they want to play their new stuff or else they would go insane.

"I love 'Last Friday Night' by Katy Perry almost as much as 'Karma Police',
and if you want to straddle that line, you have to take the slings and arrows."
Chris Martin - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back