Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I thought this thread was a discussion about who currently has greater supporter base. Not whether Collingwood or Richmond was bigger in the 30’s - 90’s.

It is

BE03B340-9502-497E-87D5-72518AE30058.jpeg

Plus if you include Roy Morgan

BAE3FC22-9F09-4B94-90A0-3FFB82D76BBF.png

And social media

Facebook

Collingwood 359,000
Richmond 275,000

Instagram

Collingwood 212,000
Richmond 207,000

Twitter

Collingwood 128,000
Richmond 92,000

Clearly shows Collingwood are the most popular club

Essendon are more popular then Richmond as well

Facts don’t lie

It is

View attachment 678452

Plus if you include Roy Morgan

View attachment 678454

And social media

Facebook

Collingwood 359,000
Richmond 275,000

Instagram

Collingwood 212,000
Richmond 207,000

Twitter

Collingwood 128,000
Richmond 92,000

Clearly shows Collingwood are the most popular club

Essendon are more popular then Richmond as well

Facts don’t lie

Popular?

Apart from membership and attendance.
But apparently facebook trumps :)

60,000 pet members don’t count Richmond.

If your talking attendance’s Collingwood are 9.3 million ahead of Richmond for total home and away attendance’s so Richmond are not even close. Oh and so far in 2019 Collingwood are Ave 11,000 more per game. Collingwood are the biggest Richmond are 3rd biggest only due to Carlton being on the bottom of the ladder.

8541B023-6E86-4163-97A8-3FFFE42BAE85.jpeg

*Stats supplied and interpreted by gopies1981

All survey polls and social media all show that Collingwood and Essendon are well in front of Richmond!!!

Again Collingwood are 9,3 million in front of Richmond for total home and away attendance’s.

3207B11E-C487-45E2-94B4-8CDAABD862B7.jpeg BB748F7E-7EC4-41DC-9F69-07037DC5609C.jpeg DB5E115E-8026-4D4A-AA92-77039496C06A.jpeg

These tables show a common thread. The traditional big 4 in terms of who has the most supporters are

1. Collingwood
2. Essendon
3. Carlton
4. Richmond

You cannot argue with facts minnowmond

ITT

Collingwood supporters supplying records, facts & figures.

Richmond supporters supplying hunches, opinions and “vibes” they have based on a 2 year window that just recently slammed shut.

C’mon Tigers, my popcorn has almost run out so unless you’ve got something substantial or concrete to offer in your favour then would you kindly please * off.

And please try to do it quietly, we wouldn’t want you to draw more embarrassing attention to yourselves. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things getting desperate in Collingwood. Now free scarf, Cap and jumper with your super cheap membership. You can't get a jumper, scarf and cap for anywhere near as cheep as that, and they throw in a membership.
They're getting really, really desperate to be perceived as only a little bit smaller than Richmond.
Do you think they'll catch up with give aways like this?

View attachment 674665

ITT

Richmond supporters supplying hunches, opinions and “vibes” they have based on a 2 year window that just recently slammed shut.

C’mon Tigers, my popcorn has almost run out so unless you’ve got something substantial or concrete to offer in your favour then would you kindly please **** off.

And please try to do it quietly, we wouldn’t want you to draw more embarrassing attention to yourselves. :)
Look at you. So triggered by Richmond are you, that you come on this thread passionately arguing for Collingwood.
People always fear and loath the biggest the most I suppose.

ITT

C’mon Tigers, my popcorn has almost run out so unless you’ve got something substantial or concrete to offer in your favour then would you kindly please **** off.

Did we frighten you ?

All jokes aside, the answer to the question lies in how you define support. If support means to put your hand in your pocket to buy a membership then the Tigers are ahead. If support means actually turning up to games then it's clearly the Pies.

Yep, exactly. Richmond bandwagoners like to claim they are part of a winning team as that Dusto guy was pretty good in 2017, but don’t actually care enough to go to games, or bother to sign up prior to winning a flag.

Well, except for actually turning up to games.

2018 (we’ll be generous and assume both clubs had 65% of crowd attendance)

35% of Richmond members attended per game
43% of Collingwood members attended per game

For a big vaunted membership, 20k over the Pies, doesn’t seem to translate to match day support.

2018 saw a 36.8% membership increase on the back of the flag. Does that number hang around if the club doesn’t produce sustained success?

Never been bandwagoners.

If you look at the long history of VFL,when Richmond made finals,we got the biggest crowds.

That’s pretty much the definition of bandwagoning :$

That’s pretty much the definition of bandwagoning :$
My father was a Richmond supporter and watched Richmond at Punt Road when we were struggling.

My mum is a Pie but loves the Tiges alot because of me.

Mum’s side of the family,mostly Pies,dad’s side,alot of Tigers.

My father was a Richmond supporter and watched Richmond at Punt Road when we were struggling.

My mum is a Pie but loves the Tiges alot because of me.

Mum’s side of the family,mostly Pies,dad’s side,alot of Tigers.

Wasn’t referring to you in particular smasha 👍

On the concept of loyalty to football fan is more loyal. 37 years without a premiership, 2 finals appearances between 1983 and 2013. Any other club would of folded, and in the late 1980s we almost did

You would have, if not for the support of other clubs and their fans. To be crystal clear on this point: if it was left solely up to Richmond supporters, you wouldn't have a club today. That's a fact.

On the concept of size, and in the context of Richmond's lack of recent success...

Dude, you won the flag in 2017, were minor premiers in 2018 and currently sit 3rd on the ladder in 2019

...Richmond is unequivicably the largest footy club in Australia, and the biggest sporting organisation in the country period

...debatable but anyway, the thread topic is WHO HAS THE GREATER SUPPORTER BASE which most people would take to mean the highest number of people who support the club, whether they be members, attend games, or not

Tiger Army just drew further in front of Collingwood.

Now twice as many 80,000+ crowds.

70,000-80,000:
- Richmond 9
- Collingwood 8
- Carlton 4
- Hawthorn 3
- Essendon 2
- Melbourne 1

80,000-90,000:
- Richmond 10
- Essendon 7
- Collingwood 5