Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I have one or two bigfooty Collingwood supporters on my friends list but I'm not sure who it is.

My PSN name is jabso if you want to add me.

I play COD MW2 online a fair bit.

you have me but ive never seen you play any games i have... :mad:
:)

PSN is King of Sparta or King_of_Sparta - one of the two, i forget which is right...

Playing Darksiders at the moment.... Loving it apart from the massive issue of screen tearing!! I have a feeling that's why I have a massive headache right now!!

whos got UFC 2009?? its sickk. i recommend it to ppl who like fighting games :thumbsu:
Might be a good option for me to try on my new monster gaming pc.

I'll list some features.
-950w power supply
-32gb SSD (apparently these are the ducks guts, was $427 on its own)
-Phenom 955 CPU
-1TB HDD
-GIGABBYTE MA785GT MAINBOARD
-ATI HD4890 Video Car
-24" LCD Monitor
-MS Sidewinder X8 mouse

This doesn't mean much to me but my son is very impressed.:eek:

Is that one of the new alienware gaming PCs copes?

That is a fairly awesome package
No its custom made, this guy reckons his pc's are about a grand less than Alienware. This baby cost a sweet $2600. That's why I dont visit Big footy much anymore in the off season, I'm always playing Wolfenstein. My son who was once top 10 in Oz got me in to it. I'm still pretty bad compared to most but improving.:thumbsu:

Some games are just that bit better on a full blown gaming pc

crysis for instance that is a game

ok... im a console man.. so i cant understand why youd bother with pc.. but im guessing the pc gamers think the same of console players..

you a pc gamer opti? the only games i ever played on pc were Alexander and Age of Mythology (was ranked 70 at one time in DM and top 100 in sup - then everyone started owning me)

why not just buy a ps3?

Each system/platform has their own little advantages.

MMO's or MMORPG's are the obvious domain of the PC, as no console has really figured out how to do one of these properly yet.

Sports and Racing games seem to be better to play on a console, just a control and ease thing, or maybe it's a design factor, I don't know.

I was orginally a console man (Atari:D through to PS1 and XBOX) then I got sucked into WOW (there goes 2 years of my life:eek:) and now I'm back on good old Consoles, PS3, although the games aren't exactly inspiring me apart from some sports titles (GT5 will fix that).:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each system/platform has their own little advantages.

MMO's or MMORPG's are the obvious domain of the PC, as no console has really figured out how to do one of these properly yet.

Sports and Racing games seem to be better to play on a console, just a control and ease thing, or maybe it's a design factor, I don't know.

I was orginally a console man (Atari:D through to PS1 and XBOX) then I got sucked into WOW (there goes 2 years of my life:eek:) and now I'm back on good old Consoles, PS3, although the games aren't exactly inspiring me apart from some sports titles (GT5 will fix that).:thumbsu:

god of war 3 brother.... will become an instant classic.. not exactly sport unless you consider deity killing a sport... but on GT5 im looking forward to it... if it ever bloody gets released..:D

Bought Mass Effect 2 a few days ago, and finally got some time yesterday to get into it. It seems like a good step forward from the first, with improved combat, more interesting dialogue, and an improved inventory/item system. The opening movie went for about 8 minutres, and was as epic as any Star Wars film I have seen. I'm really looking forward to getting into it more. :)

ok... im a console man.. so i cant understand why youd bother with pc.. but im guessing the pc gamers think the same of console players..

you a pc gamer opti? the only games i ever played on pc were Alexander and Age of Mythology (was ranked 70 at one time in DM and top 100 in sup - then everyone started owning me)

I'm both mate.

Got a ps3, and use my MacBooks windows side for games

I was always a PC man because I can update the system to suit my needs, as opposed to having to purchase the $600+ unit every 5 years, but that being said I've easily drained about $2,000 into mine in the last 5 years haha. I play mostly sport and games that are designed for consoles like MW2, GoW series and Halo. Pretty much everything else I try to pick up on the PC.

I'm in the beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC at the moment, and let me tell you now this game is like MW2 but on a huge scale with helicopters, tanks, jeeps, planes and all sorts of sh*t. Definitely loving it, I would buy it on 360 if it weren't for the lack of dedicated servers on consoles.

Just picked up a copy of Final Fantasy 1. Not a bad game. Officially the jewel in my collection.

Thats awesome. If you are into Final Fantasy you should check out the mana series which is sort of a parallel series to Final Fantasy done by the same writer(s). The Secret of Mana which is the second in the series is absolutely epic. Seriously good game play. Its on SNES so if you see that around or any of the other mana games they're worth checkin out/buyin if you're an rpg fan.

Thats awesome. If you are into Final Fantasy you should check out the mana series which is sort of a parallel series to Final Fantasy done by the same writer(s). The Secret of Mana which is the second in the series is absolutely epic. Seriously good game play. Its on SNES so if you see that around or any of the other mana games they're worth checkin out/buyin if you're an rpg fan.

Think they would be very hard to Find - Could look for the Rom of the Game

Think they would be very hard to Find - Could look for the Rom of the Game

Which is why it would be worth picking them up (if you stumble across them) if you were a fan of 16bit rpgs. My old man has a few of them but they were bought back in the day.

Anybody regularly use gametraders?

Ive heard good things but never actually bought or ordered games from there

They've recently rebranded to look more like EB. They used to have a very up to date online catalogue of games both second hand and new. Since the rebranding however, I haven't found it to be nearly as detailed.

Their pricing varies from good to gouging both on new and second hand games, so go in with both eyes open and you can find a bargain, but be sure to price check elsewhere just in case.

If you're buying vintage and aren't sure on a price, ask me, I should be able to give you an opinion. One that is far more qualified than GameTraders or EB.

Which is why it would be worth picking them up (if you stumble across them) if you were a fan of 16bit rpgs. My old man has a few of them but they were bought back in the day.

I hear ya Quicky, it's on my list of games to get. Unfortunately, given it's popularity and minimal distribution it tends to sell for $60+. But it's one of those games I think you have to get it you want a stellar collection.

TD I'm sure you'd be able to get a rom of it, but as I collect originals, I'm just going to have to save up for this one :).

Next purchase is probably megaman 5, which will give me 1-6 and round out the NES megamans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back