News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with jewellery is that it is very much subject to personal taste.

(In my opinion, they couldn’t have designed this ring to look more ghastly if they tried)
They look ghastly to match the ghastliness of the idea. If we are to believe the numbers being bandied about, a few self promoting jewellers have gone to the AFL with the idea that it could spend a couple of mill every year on trinkets that will rarely, if ever, see the light of say so players who missed out on a flag feel like they are included?

Oh Bucks...accidentally in a moment of weakness revealing what I already knew about him and Josh Daicos

There was a discussion on SEN this morning with Gerard where they were hypothesising about swapping players and Gerard asked:

"Would you take Curnow and McKay or the Daicos Brothers?"

Bucks replied with "Well that would depend on the colours you like right?"

He then appeared to think about it some more...went to say something before thinking, stopped himself, chuckled and said "I was about to say but I wouldn't say it, but can you swap Curnow and Josh but keep Nick? But I would never say that Josh" before laughing some more.

Had always been told by people close to Josh (and Nick) that Bucks never really rated Josh which was obvious when he was continually playing Brown ahead of him. Good to finally see Bucks all but confirm it.
Really disappointing and disrespectful comment about a player that there are good grounds to think Bucks was just flat out wrong about. Josh has got a Copeland, an AA selection and a premiership medallion now, yet Bucks parked him behind Cal for 50 or 60 games. Where’s Cal now? I reckon Bucks would have been better off taking his own advice and just not saying it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're not to wear 😆
I would wear it with my "Magpie Man" suit while I fought crime and injustice.
The ring would leave a tell tale mark on the jaws of the criminals I laid waste to......

Oh!

That's the Phantom.

They're not to wear 😆
Bet you IQ would!

I’ve seen many interviews with NFL players where they wear their rings for the interview.
But their hands are so big, the rings look tiny.

I feel for the company that produced the prototype. I can imagine they didn’t get paid anywhere near full odds and were promised the hope of the contract. Poor buggers.

They are trophies. Momentos.
giphy.gif

Bet you IQ would!

I’ve seen many interviews with NFL players where they wear their rings for the interview.
But their hands are so big, the rings look tiny.

I feel for the company that produced the prototype. I can imagine they didn’t get paid anywhere near full odds and were promised the hope of the contract. Poor buggers.
IQ has taste. There's no way he'd wear something so ghastly. They're to put in the trophy cabinet or wherever it is you put your medal & other trophies.

* We all know Americans have no taste.

Laura is a North Melbourne supporter
grew up a collingwood supporter. She said this in her first interview

Mark Robinson: Any recollection at such a young age? Wearing a Collingwood jumper?

Laura Kane: I was. I was born across the road from the MCG, at St Andrews, and I think I was about 20 minutes old when my dad held me up to the window and said: ‘Collingwood are going to win a premiership over there in a couple of months’ which they did’. It was 1990. I can’t remember what I was doing at five years-old, but I’ve been told what I was doing. I was in grade prep at Chirnside Park Primary School and I played Auskick at the Chirnside Park Panthers. I was one of two girls playing.

MR: Whose number did you have on your back?

LK: I can remember at five, I can remember being in the Buckley’s Brigade and I did don the No. 5 for a while there. I don’t know Nathan all that well but I’m a fellow All Australian selector which is quite funny now that we’ve fast forwarded.

MR: Did you watch the Pies at Victoria Park?

LK: I can remember Vic Park, I can remember Waverley. I can remember MCG, but I can’t remember in what context. I can remember the seats at Waverley, I can remember Collingwood v Hawthorn playing there and our seats were close to the front. I’d go with my mum, my dad and my younger brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back