List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

With Bevo maybe being sacked maybe there will be some players jumping ship

Besides Smith I noticed Ed Richards has been attending centre bounces and playing midfield, could see him as a Holmes type.

Khamis would be best 23 next year or at least next man up while also giving the club flexibility.

Keeler is doing an AJ (forward to back) at the moment but Keeler is taller and younger.

Josh Worrell would be a serviceable Murphy replacement while pushing Dean as a 3rd tall or vice versa. When Nick Murray comes back from ACL + Dan Curtin and if they grab Petty, Worrell may come back to Victoria.

Jack Williams at West Coast had a really good game against the Dons kicking 3.1 and taking some good marks. Check out the his highlights in the dons game.

Max Gruzewski = Howe type but taller

Conor Stone = been playing well in the VFL Fwd/Mid

Wade Derksen = 197 cm swingman who could take Kreuger's spot has some really good VFL highlights

Besides Richards and Smith I think a lot of the others would come for 2nd rounders

Saw Joe Pike (Gee) mentioned as a candidate for the mid-season draft - from his draft profile he seems to fit the ruck profile that we favour (good hands) - he's raw but young, is he a candidate for us?

Lobb will be 32 by the time next season starts. This is his 11th year as a player. Has once once played every game in one season (2016). Misses on average 9 games per season due to injury/ poor form

Has played 3 of 8 games this season as a forward
Had 3 kicks vs Melbourne with 80% game time
Had 10 kicks vs StK with 88% game time
Had 4 kicks vs Freo with 86% game time
Has kicked 1.1 this season
Club last month stated he could be in the VFL for sometime as they get a block of games into Sam Darcy

No Thanks
But just remember he is playing in Bevo's system of musical chairs and madness.

With Bevo maybe being sacked maybe there will be some players jumping ship

Besides Smith I noticed Ed Richards has been attending centre bounces and playing midfield, could see him as a Holmes type.

Khamis would be best 23 next year or at least next man up while also giving the club flexibility.

Keeler is doing an AJ (forward to back) at the moment but Keeler is taller and younger.

Josh Worrell would be a serviceable Murphy replacement while pushing Dean as a 3rd tall or vice versa. When Nick Murray comes back from ACL + Dan Curtin and if they grab Petty, Worrell may come back to Victoria.

Jack Williams at West Coast had a really good game against the Dons kicking 3.1 and taking some good marks. Check out the his highlights in the dons game.

Max Gruzewski = Howe type but taller

Conor Stone = been playing well in the VFL Fwd/Mid

Wade Derksen = 197 cm swingman who could take Kreuger's spot has some really good VFL highlights

Besides Richards and Smith I think a lot of the others would come for 2nd rounders
I thought players were going to leave if Bevo stayed...now they're going to leave it he gets the sack?

Only? If we’re taking Lobbs contract on we’re not paying a future first for Baz.

IMO, Bailey smith is probably worth a top 10 pick. People underestimate how good he can be.

Smith >>>> schultz

Teams will be expecting us to be a top 4 side in 2025. That first round pick will probably be pick 15-20 after F/S & academy picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, Bailey smith is probably worth a top 10 pick. People underestimate how good he can be.

Smith >>>> schultz

Teams will be expecting us to be a top 4 side in 2025. That first round pick will probably be pick 15-20 after F/S & academy picks.
We paid 1st + 2nd for Shooter
>>>>>>>>>>
What does that make Smith worth?

So we’re in some pain because we’re going to lose Cox but Lobb is no good?

Cox has only kicked over 20 goals once in his career with a top of 25. Lobb Has hit that 4 times with a top of 36.

Career wise they both average around 10 hit outs a game.

Not sure how you can suggest we’re in some pain because we’re losing Cox but Lobb won’t be a good addition.

Cox is the least of it. Did you read the rest of my post? Cherry picker.

I think the current versions of Howe, Sidey, Mitchell and Cox can be replaced pretty easily.

Replacing Pendles is tougher.
They aren't what they were but they'll all be tough to replace even at reduced outputs.

Sullivan and HH could step into mid roles at their current rate of improvement. Eyre and Dean for Howe.
Reef for Mihoceck.
Leaves just Cox. And given how maligned Cox is from week to week replacing him doesn’t seem so onerous.
If that's the plan we're stuffed.

None are comparable bar maybe Sullivan but it's too early to call that one.

Cox is probably the easiest to replace. Cameron/McStay at a depth ruck.

If that's the plan we're stuffed.

None are comparable bar maybe Sullivan but it's too early to call that one.

Cox is probably the easiest to replace. Cameron/McStay at a depth ruck.
Hard to replace greats like Pendles and Steele, but HH is more than an adequate replacement. Watch his last term on the weekend, this guy has some serious AFL smarts and traits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back