List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you imagine the bad blood. We would have been seething if Nick knocked us back. Meant we would have burnt pick 2 in the draft for nothing much at all. I can't see how we would be facilitating a move to GC for him in that setting

Imagine if his ultimatim was: I'll only agree to be a father son if you agree that you won't match a bid from Gold Coast. I think we would have said yes - and then engineered a bid from GWS.

Imagine if his ultimatim was: I'll only agree to be a father son if you agree that you won't match a bid from Gold Coast. I think we would have said yes - and then engineered a bid from GWS.
Seems implausible. I mean we would have had discussions with his management/family prior to the trading of our 2020 1st. If there was any doubt about him wanting to come to us we would have just left the 2020 1st for trading in that draft year. So he would have reneged on what we had put to him prior. Dodgy deals after all that I think not.

Even on your senario he doesnt get to GC anyway if we do some deal, that also may be questionable, with GWS

There was only ever one club Nick was going to play for.
This GC talk is ridiculous.

The Quintuple Premiership Club? It’s the Quintuple Premiership Club, isn’t it?!?

Think someone having a lend of you there Jen. We got him because he could nominate us. If he doesnt nominate us NM and GWS have had to bypass him for GC to get a crack. Would never have got to GCs pick is how i read it.
They could have traded picks around if they wanted Nick that badly. Struggle to see any scenario where he doesn’t go pick 1 in any case.

He was always going to nominate us, people flirt all the time doesn’t mean they’ve cheated.

So what was picking up an unproven rookie tall in the middle of February going to do except add additional numbers, when you concede that we already have numbers.

And look at you trying to write off the ultra consistent and 5 consecutive time leading goalkicker by saying that Brody Mihocek is "31" - Oh no, not the dreaded 31, when all players are suddenly useless and unreliable. Disingenuous to say the least.

The other thing I will go back to is that I firmly believe McStay will play footy this year - Without complications it's reasonable that he could be looking at a late season return. He did the knee in November, not January, so I think an August return isn't outside of the realms of possibility.

Kreuger and Dean are as proven as anyone else we could pick up with our last rookie SSP spot, and I don't see what quality talls were available with that selection.

We've got plenty of guys who have talent but are unproven. Drafting another one doesn't get us any more functional depth.
While I don't disagree with most of your post, the only thing Kreuger has proven is hes absolutely not AFL standard. People still acting like all of a sudden hes going to become a best 22 player in the best (or one of) team in the comp is just beyond delusional

While I don't disagree with most of your post, the only thing Kreuger has proven is hes absolutely not AFL standard. People still acting like all of a sudden hes going to become a best 22 player in the best (or one of) team in the comp is just beyond delusional
I don't think Kruegar has proven that he is not AFL standard. He hasnt been on the field enough to show us one way or the other. All he has shown is that his body isn't up to it. At least at this stage.

I don't think Kruegar has proven that he is not AFL standard. He hasnt been on the field enough to show us one way or the other. All he has shown is that his body isn't up to it. At least at this stage.
Agreed, he is still pretty much an unknown. Has kicked 4 goals in his career so its uncertain that he has the capacity to be a fegular AFL level forward. Its one thing to look goodish in a few quick appearances. Doing it week in week out over a season is another story, especially for a forward, as once he kicks a few teams will put some work into stopping him.

AJ is a much more certain bet for me as he has a lot more exposed form and has looked comfortable at the level often. With a really solid pre season behind him for the 1st time he should be a fair bit ahead of both Kreuger and Reef in expectations

Collingwood has a heap of talent too, just because they’ve had the most early draft picks doesn’t automatically mean they have a more talented list. We have players on our list taken as rookies who s**t all over first rounders that GC have taken.
It's what you do with the talent. McCreery thus far is the best player of our 2020 draft haul despite being the last we read out at the national draft.

That said, Fin Macrae probably starts to remind us of his first round status this year.

For all that's said about KPP's etc. on here I'm still expecting that McStay is essentially the long term replacement for Mihocek, even though we're seeing overlap for now when not injured.

For Bailey Smith/Holmes I'm all for getting either as a winger to take over from Sidebottom but I can't see us trying to get both. Holmes a huge priority for me but he's costing more than Schultz and you can take that to the bank.

Sofrinidis will now be playing at Coburg. Essendon didn't take him.

Give him six months in the VFL. He could put together a good season or look average. I think there's interest but he probably needs more time to develop like any player. He's very new to elite pathways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sofrinidis will now be playing at Coburg. Essendon didn't take him.

Give him six months in the VFL. He could put together a good season or look average. I think there's interest but he probably needs more time to develop like any player. He's very new to elite pathways.

Jeez I wouldn't go to Coburg if he's looking for elite pathways:

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F64caf76d-f4cf-4058-ae2a-49e0908a1df5

Kreuger's overhead marking was a lot worse last season IMO than I ever remember it being.

He got his hands to plenty but they were like concrete and the ball was bouncing off to often.

Outside of staying healthy I feel that will be the area that makes or breaks his chances at AFL level in 2024.

This could be a sneaky get for either team. He had a really good draft year where he showed big improvement.
He was an underager when he last played as due to covid he didn't play in his draft year and went for cricket. The big performance was the 2019 grand final 11 rebounds 27 touches in a grand final that included Ugle-Hagan, Rowell, Bianco, Bailey Laurie, Will Phillips.

He obviously has talent and with our age profile (oldest list in league) it would be good to get a free hit with a 22 year old we could develop.

There was only ever one club Nick was going to play for.
This GC talk is ridiculous.
Intresting at the Time he had a Look at the Gold Coast he started following some of them on Instagram

Intresting at the Time he had a Look at the Gold Coast he started following some of them on Instagram
even the recruiting manager. He had a think about it, that much is fact. as he is entitled to as he considered what he wanted to do.

We may have numbers but of the 11 players you have listed only 4 are AFL establised and 1 of those is out all year , 1 is 31 years old and 1 is a head knock away from career over.

Reef isnt really a KPP and he, Begg, Kreuger and Eyre are all potentially having career on the line seasons so we probably do need to keep restocking unless 2 or 3 step up quickly. With so any speculative talls though getting another speculative one may not be ideal but we are unlikely to get any access to the highly rated ones in the short term

Not sure how adding another speculative KPP in the MSD improves that though.

Not really. For young people, it's common to follow athletes from different clubs you look up to or already know beforehand. He went up to hear their presentation, met a few, trained with a few, probably went out for dinner, etc. Surprise, surprise Nick Daicos follows them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back