List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you're right but my inside info says he won't be a first round pick and has a long way to go. Not what I wanted to hear either but it's very good mail
He's performing pretty well for his age so far.
Prob will be rated in the 2nd or 3rd round. Prob same for Oscar Lonie, who is yet to debut for stingrays.

It won’t be Sofrinidis. Needs more exposure at AFL level.

Lachie Young is a gun for Carlton and can be deployed in the middle. If we wanted immediate impact, we’d choose him.

If he’s a gun, why is he only VFL listed?

Anyone know where Nick Haynes has been since opening round and Round 1? Can't see him in the VFL and not listed on GWS' injury list.

UFA at the end of this year but soon to be 32.

Depending where we see our list, I'd be on board taking him for a year or two now that Murphy has retired. If he can stay on the park he could hold a spot until TJ is ready, pending what Howe does.

Anyone know where Nick Haynes has been since opening round and Round 1? Can't see him in the VFL and not listed on GWS' injury list.

UFA at the end of this year but soon to be 32.

Depending where we see our list, I'd be on board taking him for a year or two now that Murphy has retired. If he can stay on the park he could hold a spot until TJ is ready, pending what Howe does.
Round 2, he was an out for "personal reason" it stated on the afl app.
Round 3 the bye
round 4, emergency
Round 5 emergency

I guess given they were winning, it was hard to find a place for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2, he was an out for "personal reason" it stated on the afl app.
Round 3 the bye
round 4, emergency
Round 5 emergency

I guess given they were winning, it was hard to find a place for him.

Just realised how many Sunday games GWS has had. Makes sense if he was the carry over I suppose. Good chance to resume this week with Taylor out.

Agree with you. But even then there would still be a place for another one. Jones is close to the end and Keeffe is ordinary. If Busslinger is good enough he gets a game.

Seems to be behind O'Donnell at the moment.

This club has a history of fluffing it with multiple 1st round picks for a player… or offering a 1st round pick only to slide down the ladder a year later

and long overpaid contracts to players that are then moved on… so my caution is warranted… even if the new administration seems an improvement
Isn’t this history now irrelevant- given the perpetrators have moved on?

Murphy now retired and Howe likely to retire end of year (OOC end-24) will mean, injuries aside, someone has to step in to play that 3rd tall defensive / intercept role.

Are they currently on our list:
  • TJ is the most promising but has to put on some size
  • Dean, is more suited to 2nd KPD role on slower types and verdict is still out
  • Eyre, is more suited to 1st or 2nd KPD defender role and still needs to find his feet post injury
  • Reef, is projecting nicely as 3rd forward but when McStay returns reckon he's a chance to give us some flexibility and play as a swing-man down back ie. swing-man as 3rd forward or back
  • AJ, before you get moved out (off the list), you need to give a guy with this much talent a go in another role ..swing him back and see what he can do. Would need to source some much needed intensity / urgency & roll the sleeves up
  • Ryan, i just don't see anything this kid offers that suggests afl ..lopes around & doesn't do much of anything
  • TJ is promising. Body will come. One reason we would be unlikely to see a debut this year.
  • Dean needs some more VFL games to find his confidence. He has the fitness.
  • Agree about Eyre.
  • Reef is not a defender.
  • Moving AJ down back is not going to fix his problems. The same would exist as up forward.
  • Ryan can run. I think by the end of 2026, he'll be cut. He's certainly slipped down the pecking order this year.

Long would experience the same problem as Macrae, who played as well as he did on the weekend: limited opportunity. That said, he's one for the future and looks like he could tear it up in the AFL.
Macraes issue wasn’t limited opportunity against Brisbane. It’s that the half he played was extremely poor. Hence why he was subbed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back