List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Both the club and Grundy's manager have previously stated he wasn't. It was assumed the club had already made a list management decision to jettison him and get as much of his salary off our books.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Does that sound right to you?
The path of least resistance would always be to ask the player to take a cut.
It saves a lot of head aches, and keeps a loyal player at his preferred club.

I heard Caro say on Footy Classified that he’d declined a cut.

Collingwood owe Beams nothing he is a stain in our clubs history..

I enjoy your comments unfortunately this is a big L.
I never said that. You misinterpret my post

Although Beams MK1 is a premiership hero and that does not come along often so is not a stain on our history in my mind. Beams Mk2 however was a debacle, that debacle definitely helped lead to the exit of Eddie and consequently the changes for the better.

So youre calling him a liar? I would have thought Fly has proven he's as honest as the day is long. A lot of posters backpedalling now because they think Finn isn't worth much when quite clearly the club rates him and as the coach has said they're trying to get him into the side. And now we have the bizarre psychology of wanted him to fail just to prove their misguided hypothesis, hope he sticks it right up them. As for the Paddy Dow stuff, don't do drugs kids!
This aged very well 👍

Although Beams MK1 is a premiership hero and that does not come along often so is not a stain on our history in my mind. Beams Mk2 however was a debacle, that debacle definitely helped lead to the exit of Eddie and consequently the changes for the better.
Glass half full then

Time to celebrate Ned Guy? 😬
I actually think he served two important purposes.

The first was providing a painful reminder of what was broken at the club with recruitment.

The second was reminding us about the clear roles as a player development manager, agent and list manager. He was an agent and development manager, not a list manager. Lessons learnt, we need to move on.

I'd try shore up our KPD as they're generally easier and cheaper to acquire. Target a Nick Haynes UFA as a 2 year younger stop gap for Howe this year. Target S. Taylor RFA obviously for next year but if unobtainable think Balta could be a good RFA target given Richmond are likely near the bottom of the ladder again.

Either these allow us to move Moore forward or takes us to 2026 FA where we go hard for Ben/Max King as RFAs
Haynes is younger. But he is still turning 32 next year so what's the point. Yes I'm with you on Taylor, but I'm not that keen on Balta.

I reckon we target a young tall KPF like one of the King Boys, Todd Marshall or Ugle Hagan. By having a taller target inside 50 it will divert attention from mihoceck, bbobby and elliot giving them for 1v1s which they of course will win. Not having Mcstay is killing us and if Mihocheck went down with an injury we'd be f**ked.

I reckon we target a young tall KPF like one of the King Boys, Todd Marshall or Ugle Hagan. By having a taller target inside 50 it will divert attention from mihoceck, bbobby and elliot giving them for 1v1s which they of course will win. Not having Mcstay is killing us and if Mihocheck went down with an injury we'd be f**ked.
Marshall signed a contract I believe and we don't have the top 5 picks needed to get a King bro or Ugle-Hagan.

That be a Miracle

Here is a different view…

Ryan - ain’t making it. His debut was horrendous and gave up multiple goals because he was very very inept and had no idea what to do and where to run. Don’t care his age. Ain’t making it. Had no traits we want.

Allan - sorry FJ. Ain’t making it. We’ll keep him. But he ain’t the answer.
Great first round pick eh? Year 3 before he has a chance.
Has no traits we want

Shultz was a horrible trade. lol.

Because a mid teens pick is likely to play 2028….assuming we pick ok. Our current last 2 r1 picks are 4 and 2 years in..both show limited AFL traits that suit our current team.

If I’m wrong….why? (Using evidence and not hope)?

Trading for known qty is far better than guessing past pick 10 in the ND.

Ryan - ain’t making it. His debut was horrendous and gave up multiple goals because he was very very inept and had no idea what to do and where to run. Don’t care his age. Ain’t making it. Had no traits we want.

Has no traits we want

Because a mid teens pick is likely to play 2028….assuming we pick ok. Our current last 2 r1 picks are 4 and 2 years in..both show limited AFL traits that suit our current team.

Isn't that what we did by trading for Schultz? Agree on Ryan btw, just don't see it with him

Has no traits we want

Ryan's played one game and we're giving up on him? Savage list management. He was nervous and concussed after a quarter so really, it's not enough sample size.

Allan has had a slower start to the year but we can't seriously be giving up on a player this early. He's got another two years left on his deal plus the rest of this season.

Schultz has played well now that he's learnt his role. You then say we should trade more but criticise the trades we've made. Hmmm.

If you think our recent selections don't suit the way we play, watch football a little closer. The AFL also has rules around this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that what we did by trading for Schultz? Agree on Ryan btw, just don't see it with him
Correct. Our first rounder this year (let’s say it’s pick 13)….most likely won’t play until 2027.

Which is 3 years into Schultz career with us…..bird in the hand and all….

Correct. Our first rounder this year (let’s say it’s pick 13)….most likely won’t play until 2027.

Well our first rounder this year won't be playing at all because we don't have one this year.

Ryan's played one game and we're giving up on him? Savage list management. He was nervous and concussed after a quarter so really, it's not enough sample size.

Allan has had a slower start to the year but we can't seriously be giving up on a player this early. He's got another two years left on his deal plus the rest of this season.

Schultz has played well now that he's learnt his role. You then say we should trade more but criticise the trades we've made. Hmmm.

If you think our recent selections don't suit the way we play, watch football a little closer. The AFL also has rules around this.
Umm…not sure you got my post. But all good.

Had a mate who knows footy (that was there)that reckons Ryan had absolutely no idea when he played last year. That was a reward game if any. Same as Chugg.

Good players, who have long careers, make themselves available in year 2. Is Allan doing that? Is he close?!? What position does he play in AFL to force his way in….fringe at best. Harsh but reality as it stands.

How did I criticise the trades we made?!? Shultz is 10000% a better deal than keeping our amazing first pick this year (who likely won’t have a material impact until 2027).

Pretty comfortable with what I know about footy mate. Happy to debate realities of the current footy world if you want?!? So maybe don’t give me the childish “watch more footy” comment…..

Last edited:

Yep helped get rid of Eddie chewed up salary and 2x first rounders though.

He won't ever be invited to a premiership reunion that says alot.

Yep helped get rid of Eddie chewed up salary and 2x first rounders though.

He won't ever be invited to a premiership reunion that says alot.
Agree. But we can all bang on about past mis-hits.

I think the sentiment was around it forced the change of behave that we now see (professional, respectful, bold, focused)

by round 7 2024, less than 1/3rd of the H&A season complete ....

2023 AFL Draft picks (beyond your threshold point of #13):
  • pick 13 Koltyn Tholstrup already debuted for Melb (1 game to-date)
  • pick 14 Jake Rogers already debuted for Suns (2 games to-date)
  • pick 15 Jordan Croft yet to debut for Bulldogs but he's 200+ cms and they have about 28 of em
  • pick 16 Will Green yet to debut for Swans but he's 204 cms ruck ...
  • pick 17 James Leake yet to debut for GWS
  • pick 18 Darcy Wilson already debuted for StK (7 games to-date)
  • pick 19 Will McCabe yet to debut for Haw but he's 197 cms key back ..
  • pick 20 Taylor Goad yet to debut for Nth but he's 206 cms ruck ...
  • pick 21 Charlie Edwards yet to debut for Adel
  • pick 22 Will Dawson yet to debut for Nth but he's 200 cms key back ...
  • pick 23 Riley Hardeman already debuted for Nth (1 game to-date)
  • pick 24 Caiden Cleary yet to debut for Swans
  • pick 25 Harry DeMattia yet to debut for Pies but been injured up til now ..
  • pick 26 Will Graham already debuted for GCS (4 games to-date)
  • pick 27 Oscar Ryan yet to debut for Adel
  • pick 28 Lance Collard already debuted for StK (1 game to-date)
  • pick 33 Angus Hastie already debuted for StK (3 games to-date)
  • pick 35 Cooper Simpson already debuted for Freo (1 game to-date)
  • pick 36 Shaun Managh already debuted for Gee (1 game to-date)
  • pick 40 Kane McAullife already debuted for Rich (1 game to-date)

Last edited:
Umm…not sure you got my post. But all good.

Had a mate who knows footy (that was there)that reckons Ryan had absolutely no idea when he played last year. That was a reward game if any. Same as Chugg.

Good players, who have long careers, make themselves available in year 2. Is Allan doing that? Is he close?!? What position does he play in AFL to force his way in….fringe at best. Harsh but reality as it stands.

How did I criticise the trades we made?!? Shultz is 10000% a better deal than keeping our amazing first pick this year (who likely won’t have a material impact until 2027).

Pretty comfortable with what I know about footy mate. Happy to debate realities of the current footy world if you want?!? So maybe don’t give me the childish “watch more footy” comment…..
On that basis in terms of Allan, you would have been pretty down on Josh Daicos? Josh took a while to really get going in his career.

Haynes is younger. But he is still turning 32 next year so what's the point. Yes I'm with you on Taylor, but I'm not that keen on Balta.
Noah Balta would be a dead set sensation in our team. He’d be a perfect replacement for Howe/Murphy with his closing speed to spoil, athleticism and agility.
And, on top of that, Noah is a top kid (there is no way he’d leave Richmond).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back