List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs afford big contracts to stars by paying their depth well below average salaries. If he's on what is rumoured, that's $300,000 a year overs for reserves depth which is all he is for them - a similar amount of overs to what Grundy and Treloar were on when we shifted them. Dogs will be keen to get his contract off their books.
Hey fonz, what's your opinion on Ollie Wines, still contracted but might be gettable

Hey fonz, what's your opinion on Ollie Wines, still contracted but might be gettable

He can play. But for me it'd depend on Mitchell and Pendles. I think our midfield has looked great the last fortinight with only one old slowy in there - we've been dynamic. So if both Pendles and Mitchell are pulling stumps I'd be keen, - Crisp, Jordy, Nick and an oldie looks like a great mix to me, but otherwise not interested.

Ollie is also 30 this October so not like he is young either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I won't be surprised if some of the oldies get replaced by slightly less oldies. As you can fill a specific role with quality for a couple of years without paying much in trade. I don't think Mitchell will be the last one like that we do, but Wines would only be worthwhile if Pendles and Mitchell retire.

I still think it affects price.

It logically would.

If you have a number of teams after a player, it’s going to push up their market value in terms of salary.

Naturally, if a team is willing to stump up a decent amount of coin to poach a player, they consider the player valuable enough that their current team is going to need adequate compensation.

So the trade price is kinda “baked in” by the time the player nominates a destination club; unless he’s a FA, the one who presents the most attractive package is generally one who has also considered what trade deal will be required to get it over the line.

It logically would.

If you have a number of teams after a player, it’s going to push up their market value in terms of salary.

Naturally, if a team is willing to stump up a decent amount of coin to poach a player, they consider the player valuable enough that their current team is going to need adequate compensation.

So the trade price is kinda “baked in” by the time the player nominates a destination club; unless he’s a FA, the one who presents the most attractive package is generally one who has also considered what trade deal will be required to get it over the line.

Yeah. I think there's a range of different scenarios. The bloke who is leaving and choosing between clubs is a different situation to the Ollie Henry - Cats or the bush type of situation.

Clubs afford big contracts to stars by paying their depth well below average salaries. If he's on what is rumoured, that's $300,000 a year overs for reserves depth which is all he is for them - a similar amount of overs to what Grundy and Treloar were on when we shifted them. Dogs will be keen to get his contract off their books.
At least Treloar and Grundy both had 5 years remaining, so there was no flexibility to pay other players down the track. Lobb has two years left supposedly and under the new cap, I highly doubt the Dogs are going to shoot themselves in the foot to remove his wages.

At least Treloar and Grundy both had 5 years remaining, so there was no flexibility to pay other players down the track. Lobb has two years left supposedly and under the new cap, I highly doubt the Dogs are going to shoot themselves in the foot to remove his wages.
He's on big money and playing VFL, they will look to move him on and pay part of his contract. If they don't, then they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Norf would take him in a heartbeat unless they take Teakle in the MSD

He's on big money and playing VFL, they will look to move him on and pay part of his contract. If they don't, then they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Norf would take him in a heartbeat unless they take Teakle in the MSD
Makes you wonder why they even got him. He would have been better suited at melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wanting to fear monger, I have some concerns about Josh Carmichael with his concussion history. Now three in under a year, starting to become delayed. He may be out for some time.

Without wanting to fear monger, I have some concerns about Josh Carmichael with his concussion history. Now three in under a year, starting to become delayed. He may be out for some time.
Not good for him, thats for sure. Given he had a concussion during pre-season too.

Yeah, thats the one he sustained in a session at vic park

"Monday's incident represents the second concussion in a matter of months for the West Adelaide product, who suffered a similar fate during Collingwood VFL's Wildcard Round outing in September; subsequently entering the league's concussion protocols."

So this is his third (that we know of) concussion in 7 months

Yeah, thats the one he sustained in a session at vic park

"Monday's incident represents the second concussion in a matter of months for the West Adelaide product, who suffered a similar fate during Collingwood VFL's Wildcard Round outing in September; subsequently entering the league's concussion protocols."

So this is his third (that we know of) concussion in 7 months
I suppose it depends if the concussion symptoms he is currently suffering from are from the second concussion he suffered earlier this year.

When did he suffer the 3rd one, training or during a game?

Regardless it's not looking good for him.

I suppose it depends if the concussion symptoms he is currently suffering from are from the second concussion he suffered earlier this year.

When did he suffer the 3rd one, training or during a game?

Regardless it's not looking good for him.
I believe it was mentioned in the injury report, these delayed symptoms are from a knock he got from the game v southport.

Not great this is his third concussion since september

I believe it was mentioned in the injury report, these delayed symptoms are from a knock he got from the game v southport.

Not great this is his third concussion since september
They’ll take a precautionary approach - as anyone should. Our medical staff wasted no time pulling Bytel off, despite Jack claiming to be fine. Right call made.

Every AFL doctor knows their registration is at risk should they mess around with concussion not to mention harming a player.

If Carmichael needs time, testing, etc, then he should have it.

I kind of think Carmichael still has a gear to go, I watched his VFL game against Essendon where he kicked 2.3 from 16 disposals but he also set up two set shots for Crocker with some pretty impressive kicks. I know his VFL stats have gone down this year since his role change but I still think he has upside. I would also look at the season as a whole and compare it too some of our other players.

1:23:30 - 1:23:40 is an elite EFO + great kick

I kind of think Carmichael still has a gear to go, I watched his VFL game against Essendon where he kicked 2.3 from 16 disposals but he also set up two set shots for Crocker with some pretty impressive kicks. I know his VFL stats have gone down this year since his role change but I still think he has upside. I would also look at the season as a whole and compare it too some of our other players.

Was his best game of the year. But sadly. now dealing with his third concussion since september

If he's suffering delayed concussion symptoms after his 3rd concussion in less than a year, it's not looking good for his future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back