Autopsy Come and stay for the Hayward show 48 point win vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Omg im gonna be the most hated poster by the end of tonight.
Why? Did Danster leave big footy?

All joking aside, quality side and a great game from your team across the park.

More importantly, your board has shown a lot of class and humanity with regards to the circumstances surrounding the game. I can't speak for the whole Freo board, but it's certainly appreciated. Thank you.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Roberts was quite poor and Francis was below average. Papley and Cunningham were mediocre. Everyone else did their job well. Jordon and Lloyd were particularly great. Amartey was impressive and exceeded my expectations.

But wow, that was the weirdest 48 point win I've ever seen. We were never dominant in general play except perhaps for a brief period in the second. We were quite lucky they were so wildly inaccurate while we couldn't miss in the first half. Any other day, that would have been a lot closer. Not that I'm complaining.

A game clear on top of the ladder
Best % in the league (151.9%)
Have taken over the mantle of best defensive team in the league, against the former best defence in the league.
Currently the best attacking team in the league, and will remain so if GWS score 92 or less
Beaten 4 top 8 teams, including 2 top 4 teams.
Best player in the comp, with Warner right up there.
2 of the best wingers in the league

Apart from the minor speed-bump (Richmond), we haven't put a foot wrong and have continued to answer any criticisms that were directed our way.
Great post. Here’s hoping we can retain this momentum through the season.

We have scope to rest players who need a rest, with lots of depth in reserve, so let’s use it when required.

My Photo of the Round
GNOWv5Fa8AAtTNp

We sort of agree

Swans Photo of the Round

I think it’s becoming more & more apparent that the team was probably affected by illness that week.

It’s the only plausible explanation.
Think it was the loss they needed to have. They'd beaten some very good teams and think they'd started to believe the hype and got a little caried away. That loss also had a little bit of look at me about it. Think it was the reality check they needed that hard work and effort is required regardless of the opposition. Similar to Collingwood against Hawthorn late last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker's been highly paid for years that helps with the loyalty .

No one is owed or deserves a spot .

Having said that yes he is a great of the club, so who are you cutting for him ?

Not one player he could replace deserves to lose their spot is the flip side of it .
Agree. There are players who re-sign early and accept the pay hit, and there are players who draw it out to maximise their return.

I can’t judge either approach, as having a limited career timespan means you need to think about your future - but Parker always signed right near the end and his last contract was long for his stage of career. This makes me suspect he has been well taken care of financially.

He is still a very strong player and other teams will want him - we should facilitate a move if he wants senior time. Although I suspect between now and end of season he will find a place. I wouldn’t be against trialling him in new roles in the reserves.

In addition to being a ripping inside mid, I reckon he could be a strong pressure forward, and he is probably the fourth best tall forward on our list (even though he is not that tall).

Isaac Heeney probably wrapped up another three Brownlow votes tonight (even though he didn't get his customary goal).
28 disposals 13 contested possessions (game-high) 8 clearances (game-high) 5 tackles 6 score involvements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back