Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a bullshit story.

Niall races through a field of candidates off the top of his head, and then states that they basically wouldn't be interested.

This is lesson 4 of AFL media folks, they set their own agenda.

What a bullshit story.

Niall races through a field of candidates off the top of his head, and then states that they basically wouldn't be interested.

It's the ultimate echo chamber.

The stuff about Archer is just a regurgitation of the sh*t that Caro was spouting on FC the other night. He pretty much confirms there's no factual basis for this assertion by use of the phrase "from what one can gather". I ran that through Google translate (Journo to English) and here is the result:

I'm just making this up to suit a particular narrative

What a bullshit story.

The Seinfeld story- a newspaper article about nothing

The Seinfeld story- a newspaper article about nothing

It's actually about something.

It's designed to sew negativity and futility in the minds of the public.

It's the ultimate echo chamber.

The stuff about Archer is just a regurgitation of the sh*t that Caro was spouting on FC the other night. He pretty much confirms there's no factual basis for this assertion by use of the phrase "from what one can gather". I ran that through Google translate (Journo to English) and here is the result:

I'm just making this up to suit a particular narrative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MM is spot on here. Carey's been in the media a long time. It wouldn't have been hard to be honest AND a bit more thoughtful about his comments. He's got enough of a clue to know how this ends.
We would all have fond memories of Carey the footballer. He hung up his crowd jumper long ago now. I think we should remember to separate the footballer (great) and the person (very average and very narcissistic). I am pretty sure empathy is not one of his strong points.
His response to me sounded as though some of the keywords being discussed were ghost-written for him so that his using them got the radio discussion the reaction it has received in the media. Maybe I am overly cynical.

We would all have fond memories of Carey the footballer. He hung up his crowd jumper long ago now. I think we should remember to separate the footballer (great) and the person (very average and very narcissistic). I am pretty sure empathy is not one of his strong points.
His response to me sounded as though some of the keywords being discussed were ghost-written for him so that his using them got the radio discussion the reaction it has received in the media. Maybe I am overly cynical.

A large percentage of this board have been crying about the lack of communication from the club and how it has let rumors fly, seems as though Carey's comments just echo what many on this board have also been saying (and probably all of FB).

A large percentage of this board have been crying about the lack of communication from the club and how it has let rumors fly, seems as though Carey's comments just echo what many on this board have also been saying (and probably all of FB).
Fair enough people are concerned. You can't win with the media smoke and fire though. Mole-whacking is a waste of time. I think the club made the right statement at the right time. Carey is naive at best if he thought he was helping the club.

FB assumes you have cancer if you are quiet for a few days, even if it is in regards to something private and obviously still fluid.

For a club that finished the season worse than any other team and just did a massive list cull including coaches you expect them to be providing messaging repeatedly to the masses. Pushing the exciting frontier narrative. Talking up draft prospects. North need to get to work. Heath, time to earn your title big guy. This is the time to get busy.

For a club that finished the season worse than any other team and just did a massive list cull including coaches you expect them to be providing messaging repeatedly to the masses. Pushing the exciting frontier narrative. Talking up draft prospects. North need to get to work. Heath, time to earn your title big guy. This is the time to get busy.

We did get some good highlight videos of young players this week on the socials ;-)

...like Barrett? What Wayne says about North carries enormous weight. Maybe I'm reading too much into what he didn't say - anything constructive, reassuring or helpful. It was an impassioned whinge of the likes that people like me do on Big Footy. Not as much as you'd expect from a club great who's been in the media for 10 years and knows full well how his words impact the club.
Yep, I didn't like what he said at all. I doubt he even read Buckley's letter if that is what his take from the Club is. I am not sure any North person after reading that letter could think things are 'catastrophic' and 'cancerous'. He basically agreed with Damo and threw a bit more s**t at the club for the average punter to believe. Thanks Duck.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back