Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Watt is going nowhere as she’s woke and since our club is woke it’s not going to happen.
BTW:Why didn’t our club have an ANZAC jumper last week?

Piss off these dumb arguments.

Stupid anti-woke nonsense likes this just makes it all the more difficult to raise genuine issues about Watt's tenure as CEO as people lump it in with idiots who think it's a misogynistic attack.

It’s clear to me that the top two ingredients are stability and patience.

So regardless of their opinion on Luke, they need stability, patience and a gapvinisation of the team as the focus.

That’s not fun for us but I agree it’s really important and gives the young team more chance to settle and be confident in themselves.
Yes the captain playing s**t and setting a s**t example is really important for the young guys.

Yes the captain playing s**t and setting a s**t example is really important for the young guys.
Nothing drives positive performance like being led by captains who aren’t good enough.

Nothing drives positive performance like being led by captains who aren’t good enough.

On-field standards and leadership would genuinely be in our top 3 most pressing issues.

On-field standards and leadership would genuinely be in our top 3 most pressing issues.
It’s #1.

The basic errors that the supposed leaders make every match deflate those they are leading.

It’s #1.

The basic errors that the supposed leaders make every match deflate those they are leading.

I have our list profile/talent as #1, but otherwise agree with your sentiment.

So I guess we know why the club has increased memberships this season!
Good old “inflation” lol

Never mind we lost a shorts sponsor.

Landsberger is a Murdoch cretin and Clark is a piece of s**t, but the former makes a good point here.

So far our gun CEO with a “strong commercial background” -

1) has pissed off our highest paying members on Level 2 by forcefully removing them from their existing bays and monetising the premium wing seats

2) Has failed to land a shorts sponsor for the 2024 season potentially losing out on $400-$500k of revenue

3) Suffered a major blow on the eve of the season when AIA as a major sponsor ended its arrangement with the club after being a major partner for the past 3 years.
What’s more embarrassing is North begged them to stay on and got told no.

Tell me again why the f*** was Jen Watts chosen ahead of Simon Lloyd as CEO?
And we are 3 drafts away from Tasmania entering the competition with still no strategic exit plan in place to replace the Hobart home games revenue.

Other than, everything else is going well on and off the field 👍🏼

Thank f*** we are debt free as the financials this year are going to make for some interesting reading to see how we balance the books again.

Get this fraud out of the club and bring Euge back ffs

THIS is exactly the kind of stuff that should be discussed in the Jen Watts thread, but it got massively derailed by nuffies.

But there are legitimate issues with her tenure to be discussed, and it has absolutely 0.00% to do with her gender, "wokeness", or political-leanings.

THIS is exactly the kind of stuff that should be discussed in the Jen Watts thread, but it got massively derailed by nuffies.

But there are legitimate issues with her tenure to be discussed, and it has absolutely 0.00% to do with her gender, "wokeness", or political-leanings.

I agree there are legitimate issues with her tenure and it has zero to do with her gender but there could be (we got no idea) whether there isn’t political leanings or wokeness involved. It may be 5% lol

The entire league is going that way anyways and become so political, it’s tiring

Just my opinion lol (not fact)

Thats why the McDonald family are protected by their mates at the NMFC
It’s time to get some Fu:king Cu:t into people at our club and start displaying it on and off the field this club and make the hard decisions.
Open your eyes please and don’t shut them thinking what’s going on will disappear.
You’re, obviously, in the inner sanctum, Mr N, giving your deep knowledge on this. I suspect you are making your thoughts known to all in Sunbury.

Q&A bottom line

This is year 2 for them

For the rest of us it’s 3, 4, 5 years of pain
🤣 And the “instigator” of our pain is busily rubbing our noses in it by helping our greatest enemy get to the finals - with the help of a legend of our club and a “what could’ve been” of our club + making noises about bringing in our greatest lost talent. If you didn’t laugh, you’d cry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I guess we know why the club has increased memberships this season!
Good old “inflation” lol

Never mind we lost a shorts sponsor.

Landsberger is a Murdoch cretin and Clark is a piece of s**t, but the former makes a good point here.

So far our gun CEO with a “strong commercial background” -

1) has pissed off our highest paying members on Level 2 by forcefully removing them from their existing bays and monetising the premium wing seats

2) Has failed to land a shorts sponsor for the 2024 season potentially losing out on $400-$500k of revenue

3) Suffered a major blow on the eve of the season when AIA as a major sponsor ended its arrangement with the club after being a major partner for the past 3 years.
What’s more embarrassing is North begged them to stay on and got told no.

Tell me again why the f*** was Jen Watts chosen ahead of Simon Lloyd as CEO?
And we are 3 drafts away from Tasmania entering the competition with still no strategic exit plan in place to replace the Hobart home games revenue.

Other than, everything else is going well on and off the field 👍🏼

Thank f*** we are debt free as the financials this year are going to make for some interesting reading to see how we balance the books again.

Get this fraud out of the club and bring Euge back ffs

Ok I must be late to the party. Was it definitely Jen’s idea re level 2? When I got a call from the membership department (Manager) I was categorically told it was because of the ‘AFL’ and the ‘upgrade’ on level 2 and that the AFL has taken over that area and it affects all ‘home’ teams at Marvel not just North. Is that incorrect?

I reckon I’m a bit more circumspect than a lot of you here, since I only started following footy in 1986 when I arrived here. As far as I’m concerned the 1990’s were better because we had Carey and Corey and won week in week out. From my perspective, the present day spectacle is light years ahead of the dross on display around 2005 - IMHO.

Ok I must be late to the party. Was it definitely Jen’s idea re level 2? When I got a call from the membership department (Manager) I was categorically told it was because of the ‘AFL’ and the ‘upgrade’ on level 2 and that the AFL has taken over that area and it affects all ‘home’ teams at Marvel not just North. Is that incorrect?
No.

Other clubs sell memberships in that area.

Is that incorrect?

Yeah, it's incorrect.

Other clubs kept their membership reserved seats in those bays at Level 2. North turned it into a corporate area known as 'The Arden Lounge'.

This Jen woke thing is ridiculous.

I have a fair bit to do with many parties at North including Jen.

She isn't the slightest bit "woke". Whether being "woke" is a bad or good thing I guess is subjective, but Jen is a very practical numbers and cents woman.

She is from Frankston, has worked her ass off hustling to be a CEO, climbed the ranks and is desperate to be successful.

Just because your a woman doesn't mean you are woke does it?

Sonja definitely leans left no argument there, regardless she does a great job doing whats best for North,

Why doesn' anyone ever mention Todd Viney? Todd runs all things football at North with Clarko. He is your man if you want to hold someone responsible for our Footy Department outside of Clarko.

If the club makes more money off that than the seats (not saying they do fwiw) is that not a Good Thing. given we're, ya know, cash strapped etc?
The atmosphere on the L2 members wing is significantly better than when seating was spread out, and aligns perfectly to the two function rooms you have access to. The process could of been handled better, and teething issues still remain with people sitting in incorrect seats etc. but overall i think it has been a positive change.

If the club makes more money off that than the seats (not saying they do fwiw) is that not a Good Thing. given we're, ya know, cash strapped etc?

Few points;

1) Whether or not it's making money is besides the point. To implement this new corporate lounge, the club outright lied to it's most premium members. This isn't subjective - it's an undeniable fact. Just look at what Danni_Benson noted of their experience.

2) Even putting aside the issue of lying to members, and the issue of making money via the corporate lounge; the change actively reduced the value and quality of the L2 membership reserved seating options.

3) Now, as to the question of whether it's 'making money', I don't know about you but I've been to every home game in 2024 and because I lost my reserved L2 seat as part of this change I've taken close notice of what's been happening in my old bay. For every single game, it's been mostly empty. With only one exception; the Good Friday game, where it was filled with Carlton fans;

1714623833541.png

And before you say "well, we sold those seats to Carlton fans! We made money! That's great!", I'd counter to you; how come those seats aren't for sale to North members for our home games then? Seriously, I've checked to see if those seats are available via ticketmaster and they aren't.

So... yeah. Nah.

The atmosphere on the L2 members wing is significantly better than when seating was spread out, and aligns perfectly to the two function rooms you have access to. The process could of been handled better, and teething issues still remain with people sitting in incorrect seats etc. but overall i think it has been a positive change.

Interesting post - yes it seems a few noisy types pissed off (not unreasonably) about having to move are making it seem far worse than what it is.

FWIW I would also be annoyed if I was told I couldn't watch games from the spot I usually do too, I get their frustration.

But jeez, frustration is part and parcel of barracking for North lol

Few points;

1) Whether or not it's making money is besides the point.

It kind of is the whole point no? Like that's why they introduced the change, to make more money from that area.

To implement this new corporate lounge, the club outright lied to it's most premium members. This isn't subjective - it's an undeniable fact. Just look at what Danni_Benson noted of their experience.

2) Even putting aside the issue of lying to members, and the issue of making money via the corporate lounge; the change actively reduced the value and quality of the L2 membership reserved seating options.

Comms should have been handled much better, so question there.

3) Now, as to the question of whether it's 'making money', I don't know about you but I've been to every home game in 2024

Yes I have been to every home game in Melbourne.

and because I lost my reserved L2 seat as part of this change I've taken close notice of what's been happening in my old bay.

Indeed you do.

For every single game, it's been mostly empty. With only one exception; the Good Friday game, where it was filled with Carlton fans;

View attachment 1976709

And before you say "well, we sold those seats to Carlton fans! We made money! That's great!", I'd counter to you; how come those seats aren't for sale to North members for our home games then?

Yeah I haven't looked into it with the detail you have.

Seriously, I've checked to see if those seats are available via ticketmaster and they aren't.

So... yeah. Nah.

I get having to move where you sit is annoying, as per above, I'd be really annoyed if where I watch the games was taken away from me.

Not entirely sure I'd launch a public jihad against the CEO as a result, but then, it didn't happen to me.

My issue, as I've said all along, is less about 'losing my seat' and more about the club lying to members faces.

We were told this was a change forced upon the club by the redevelopment of Marvel Stadium and that it was impacting all Marvel Stadium teams.

That's simply untrue. It was a lie.

For example/proof; here's Carlton's membership seating map for 2024 (note the L2 members wing still fully available)

1714624324884.png

Essendon and the Bulldogs are the same, mostly.

The lying was the issue. Not the change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back